Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He got sacked for being shit. For having us play shit.
He gave up on and hated most of his team. As anyone on earth could have seen coming. And of course he wasn't entirely wrong to think we had a lot of garbage in the squad, but his archaic tactics did not help matters.

The timing of his sacking made no sense and must have pissed off Kane to no end, very justifiably. But I am also certain that we were never going anywhere under Jose, whether Kane loved him or not. Maybe we'd have made a fist of it against City in the final, but in the bigger picture the project was dead.

It's possible he gets a tune out of Roma, that league suits his football a bit better and those squads tend to be constructed more to his way of thinking, but the imperious genius of a decade ago is not coming back, football has moved on and Jose never will.

f82883db1a6821ef82c57914e64d6a561027b583.gif

He got sacked for being shit. For having us play shit. For having us finish our joint lowest league position in over a decade two season on the bounce and for losing the dressing room.

If you watch the interview in full in where he says these things, Kane also says he was completely different to Poch in training, not doing anything on fitness with the players, no sports science ("the complete opposite to Poch"). It has taken OGS two seasons to get his Man U players fit, he's been very vocal and completely shocked at the lack of the Utd players fitness (they too looked as unfit as our players do at the moment). Fucking dinosaur.
Don´t try to deny the evidence, my friend.

Kane literally criticizes the timing of the decision to sack Jose. He literally says Tottenham lack leaders - in other words, he claimed his teammates were not strong enough to cope with pressure coming from Jose (he called them losers, just to make it clear for you).

About Ole, he´s got more than three years in charge of Manchester United (and more than 250m spent in Maguire, Bissaka, Fernandes and Cavani and co) without winning a single title. Now, after three years, he has the chance to win something Jose won in his first season there. Apart from Spurs, I suggest you keep following Poch. In spite of his fantastic methodology, he is about to lose the French league while managing PSG.

He gave up on and hated most of his team. As anyone on earth could have seen coming. And of course he wasn't entirely wrong to think we had a lot of garbage in the squad, but his archaic tactics did not help matters.

The timing of his sacking made no sense and must have pissed off Kane to no end, very justifiably. But I am also certain that we were never going anywhere under Jose, whether Kane loved him or not. Maybe we'd have made a fist of it against City in the final, but in the bigger picture the project was dead.

It's possible he gets a tune out of Roma, that league suits his football a bit better and those squads tend to be constructed more to his way of thinking, but the imperious genius of a decade ago is not coming back, football has moved on and Jose never will.
The only thing that was wrong with the timing of his sacking was that it was too late, should have pulled the trigger in his first season just as we went into the first lockdown.

Don´t try to deny the evidence, my friend.

Kane literally criticizes the timing of the decision to sack Jose. He literally says Tottenham lack leaders - in other words, he claimed his teammates were not strong enough to cope with pressure coming from Jose (he called them losers, just to make it clear for you).

About Ole, he´s got more than three years in charge of Manchester United (and more than 250m spent in Maguire, Bissaka, Fernandes and Cavani and co) without winning a single title. Now, after three years, he has the chance to win something Jose won in his first season there. Apart from Spurs, I suggest you keep following Poch. In spite of his fantastic methodology, he is about to lose the French league while managing PSG.
How has Kane's leadership been this past month? Is Kane showing what a leader he is by publicly coming out with his intentions of leaving the Club whilst the season is still ongoing? Is this leadership?

It's a strange phenomenon amongst people when talking about leaders, it's always those that don't display the qualities that take the high road on what leadership is. The gobshites, the shouters, the ones that deflect their own failures and shortcomings onto others, the ones that don't take responsibility, the ones that blame others publicly and chuck others under the bus. This isn't leadership.

Jose gives it the mouth about leaders, but in your previous post, you admit that he "gave up on" his team!!

Trust me this is the opposite of what leadership is.

The only thing that was wrong with the timing of his sacking was that it was too late, should have pulled the trigger in his first season just as we went into the first lockdown.
To me you pull the plug either in a moment where you feel an available replacement could make a meaningful positive impact on results, or you wait until the end of the season.

A sacking is not a punishment. It's about doing what's right for the club.

Jose's hiring was a hare-brained scheme, a throw of the dice from a position of weakness, but it was a sincere attempt to improve the results and to win things.

Swapping Jose for Mason was, on the other hand, a totally bizarre and unjustifiable white flag, and if it was done to try and repair the dressing room, welp, Kane's comments make crystal clear it was a failure on that basis too.

To me you pull the plug either in a moment where you feel an available replacement could make a meaningful positive impact on results, or you wait until the end of the season.

A sacking is not a punishment. It's about doing what's right for the club.

Jose's hiring was a hare-brained scheme, a throw of the dice from a position of weakness, but it was a sincere attempt to improve the results and to win things.

Swapping Jose for Mason was, on the other hand, a totally bizarre and unjustifiable white flag, and if it was done to try and repair the dressing room, welp, Kane's comments make crystal clear it was a failure on that basis too.
Kane's leaving stuff has been in the making whilst the dinosaur was still manager!

When the majority of the team aren't on board with the manager he has to be cut, there is a period to rebuild some relationships before this point is reached and I'm sure there was enough attempts to do this internally, it's not like the Club didn't step in with Ndombele or not sell Dele (Utd also had to do exactly the same with Pogba, Shaw, Martial and Rashford).

It wasn't a punishment, there literally was no alternative. It came as absolutely no surprise other than it didn't happen sooner. He has to go to avoid any further damage, Mason isn't damaging the players. On the whole, I've enjoyed watching Mason's games than I did the dinosaurs (yes, the City final was poor, but we would have played exactly the same if that were Jose and we were well beaten vs Leeds and Villa).

The cancer has been removed. The Club is now in a period of remission. I don't expect a switched to be flicked and everything to be rosy, that's not the case post-Jose sackings, so I see this period as a holding phase. I pray this time is being used wisely to not rush the next decision, we will just have to see how that pans out.

He should never have been sacked because he should never have been hired in the first place. His stench will linger long.

As for Kane's quotes, I would say to him don't go looking for excuses for being poor in a final. Look at yourself.

Time is a blessing:

"I think with Jose I had a great relationship with him, we got on from minute one. I think we understood each other, we had a similar mentality and how we saw stuff on the pitch, off the pitch and mentality in training so we kind of built that relationship."

Jose obviously expected us to be men and act like men on the pitch, to have leaders on the pitch and to be honest, that’s probably where it didn’t quite work out with Jose, we didn’t quite have enough leadership that we needed.”

'Jose’s got so much experience in the biggest of games at the biggest of clubs and that’s what I mean by saying we had a similar mentality in that aspect in doing anything to win. And that’s the game. Jose just wanted to win."

"Mourinho wanted to do anything to win. That was the mentality he was trying to put into the players at Spurs."

"I was surprised at the timing of it (five days before a final). It was the decision of the club, Daniel would've had his reasons for doing it but I was surprised, obviously. José's a winner, we know José's record in finals and things like that."

Harry Kane on Jose Mourinho.
Now that Kane is leaving more and more of these truth bombs would fall - exposing the bottling wanker cunts at the club - from top to bottom

Well done, Harry

Now that Kane is leaving more and more of these truth bombs would fall - exposing the bottling wanker cunts at the club - from top to bottom

Well done, Harry
No manager sets up like this. Most managers set up drills and practice them till the players are sick of it. This is because muscle memory and practice speed up decision making. The fact is this shows me how Mourinho probably never actually had it that he only won because of the talent that played for him.

No manager sets up like this. Most managers set up drills and practice them till the players are sick of it. This is because muscle memory and practice speed up decision making. The fact is this shows me how Mourinho probably never actually had it that he only won because of the talent that played for him.
Kane is spot on - we had much chance of winning that final with Jose at the helm

We had no chance of winning that final. The fact is the way City are run they are designed to win things and happy to do it what ever the club has to do I would not put it past them to be bribing the refs.
Even with Mason there was a window in the second half where City started to look leggy and running out of ideas where an astute manager could have won it had he gone for it but Mason brought Sissoko on so please don’t say that we had no chance

We did but Mason fucked it up

Even with Mason there was a window in the second half where City started to look leggy and running out of ideas where an astute manager could have won it had he gone for it but Mason brought Sissoko on so please don’t say that we had no chance

We did but Mason fucked it up
The player who scored for them fouled one of our players to break up a counter obvious yellow card does not get given. The same player then does the same foul again to break up a counter attack. Your right Mason was not ready maybe he will never be ready but Mourinho had given up.

Jose gives it the mouth about leaders, but in your previous post, you admit that he "gave up on" his team!!
You're confused. It was not me.

I think it's the opposite: Jose kept faith in some of the squad players (or at least in their desire to play for the team, as squad players) for too long.

Before Dinamo, he was praising players who were not usually selected. That was March, therefore, after Everton and Antwerp. At that point, I think Jose should have known better. Zagreb was the biggest match they were given, and they failed again - miserably.

Jose's biggest mistakes at Spurs came when he trusted in some of his players more than he should - Eric Dier's new contract is another example.

Last edited:
The player who scored for them fouled one of our players to break up a counter obvious yellow card does not get given. The same player then does the same foul again to break up a counter attack. Your right Mason was not ready maybe he will never be ready but Mourinho had given up.
And look at their goal
Totally avoidable

Loads of niggly fouls by them
Par for the course for Pep’s teams

Back
Top Bottom