Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Roma current owner Dan Friedkins is as rich as Chelsea current owner Todd Boehly , if it wasn't because of financial fair play he would have build roma like he build chelsea back then , i can see why Mourinho attracted to Roma project, beside working at a club nobody expect you to win is actually more comfortable compared
Seriously... heredit I have just gone and read all your posts. Do you actually support a team? Because you're like that bloke who kidnapped Alan Partridge. The level of devotion is ...well ...It's actually kind of creepy. By the way the idea that Mourinho and his anti football is some kind of G.O.A.T coach is an insult to the memory of so many coaches I don't have time to list them.....Brian Clough dumps on him from a very great height indeed.

Seriously... heredit I have just gone and read all your posts. Do you actually support a team? Because you're like that bloke who kidnapped Alan Partridge. The level of devotion is ...well ...It's actually kind of creepy. By the way the idea that Mourinho and his anti football is some kind of G.O.A.T coach is an insult to the memory of so many coaches I don't have time to list them.....Brian Clough dumps on him from a very great height indeed.
I know some of you guys start to think about winning the league under mourinho especially when he topped the league with you in December 2020

Mourinho makes you expect the impossible , such kind of thought has never crosssed your mind anymore under lesser manager like these days even when that lesser manager has spend like 200m more

I know some of you guys start to think about winning the league under mourinho especially when he topped the league with you in December 2020

Mourinho makes you expect the impossible , such kind of thought has never crosssed your mind anymore under lesser manager like these days even when that lesser manager has spend like 200m more
Ten Hag is proving mourinho is past it

Ten Hag is proving mourinho is past it
Based on what ?

Ten hag has won 0 trophy so far

if he won carabao cup , so was mourinho
If he won UEL, so was Mourinho
If he finished 2nd , so was Mourinho
If he won EPL ,well maybe so was Mourinho if EPL end up punishing city for financial fraud

The difference was Mourinho had Jones and Smalling center back pairing , finished Matic as CDM, Lingard as AM , Mata as RW.

Ten Hag has world cup winner as his CB pairing , 5x UCL winner as CDM, bruno as AM , 170m winger at both side

Looking at all those conditions at least Ten Hag needs to win 5 trophies including UCL and EPL to prove that Mourinho is past it

If you felt it's too difficult for ten hag to do it then that's only proving that Mourinho is definitely not past it

Last edited:
Lol why you are laughing, it was reported by media everywhere from spanish media to british

Based on what ?

If he won EPL ,well maybe so was Mourinho if EPL end up punishing city for financial fraud

The difference was Mourinho had Jones and Smalling center back pairing , finished Matic as CDM, Lingard as AM , Mata as RW.

Ten Hag has world cup winner as his CB pairing , 5x UCL winner as CDM, bruno as AM , 170m winger at both side

Looking at all those conditions at least Ten Hag needs to win 5 trophies including UCL and EPL to prove that Mourinho is past it

Jose literally got about 350-400m to spend on players of his choosing including numerous league title winners like Pogba, Ibra, Matic, Lukaku. He also gave the nod for Alexis Sanchez who was one of the best PL players at the time on a free. They had the largest wage bill & net spend in the league under him and a core of experienced, top players alongside young talent.

He won two tinpot cups with the most hilariously piss easy EL draw ever (honestly if anyone fancies a laugh, go look at it) and matched Ole's 2nd placed finish. Other than that he left United with their fans begging for them to lose just so he'd end up sacked.

Jose literally got about 350-400m to spend on players of his choosing including numerous league title winners like Pogba, Ibra, Matic, Lukaku. He also gave the nod for Alexis Sanchez who was one of the best PL players at the time on a free. They had the largest wage bill & net spend in the league under him and a core of experienced, top players alongside young talent.

He won two tinpot cups with the most hilariously piss easy EL draw ever (honestly if anyone fancies a laugh, go look at it) and matched Ole's 2nd placed finish. Other than that he left United with their fans begging for them to lose just so he'd end up sacked.
And how is that changing any of my point?

Let's see ten hag win that tinpot cup first today and then let's see he is winning UEL and then let's see him winning big trophy first

Ten Hag must win a trophy that is not tinpot before anyone can talk about proving Mourinho to be past it, their club has spend 650m + 5 season winning fck all since mourinho left

No ifs or buts situation here no matter how much you waffle about it

Let's see ten hag win that tinpot cup first and then let's see he is winning UEL and then let's see him winning big trophy first before anyone talk about ten hag proving him to be past it

United knocking out that Barca team is already more impressive than Jose's EL win. Ajax U21's in a final and Real Betis in a semi isn't impressive.

& United play better football with worse players than Jose had. Ten Haag's already doing a better job.

United knocking out that Barca team is already more impressive than Jose's EL win. Ajax U21's in a final and Real Betis in a semi isn't impressive.

& United play better football with worse players than Jose had. Ten Haag's already doing a better job.
Warra trophy that :D:D so we have "we knock barca trophy" now ?
As expected from spurs fans ,you guys used to pull out any imaginary trophies

That's only your opinion, they don't score more nor conceded less than under Mourinho so "better football" is nothing but an opinion

You spoke too much bs , there is 0 factual data in that reply

The condition is to win 3 trophies, including epl / ucl , if it just FA cup , carabao or UEL then it doesn't count how many ten hag won it
since you said it's just tinpot trophy
before you can talk about ten hag proving Mourinho being past it , non negotiable

Bottle it today against Newcastle then all the narrative about ten hag being better manager goes to the bin
Because just like ten hag said it himself , success = trophy
No trophy= no success

Last edited:

Let's see ten hag win that tinpot cup first today and then let's see he is winning UEL and then let's see him winning big trophy first

Ten Hag must win a trophy that is not tinpot before anyone can talk about proving Mourinho to be past it, their club has spend 650m + 5 season winning fck all since mourinho left

No ifs or buts situation here no matter how much you waffle about it

Clearly the owners of the biggest clubs do not agree with you or he would not be at Roma. Whether Ten Hag is better than Mourhino in 2023 is a separate question to is Mourhino past it . Ref Ten Hag we shall see , Is Mourhino past it definitely in my opinion .

Clearly the owners of the biggest clubs do not agree with you or he would not be at Roma. Whether Ten Hag is better than Mourhino in 2023 is a separate question to is Mourhino past it . Ref Ten Hag we shall see , Is Mourhino past it definitely in my opinion .
Ancelotti was past - it at everton before he won with real madrid, that media narrative can easily change when a manager win something worthy, whether the reader have their own brain to think by themselves without following what media wrote is different matters

Klopp and conte meanwhile, seems like a past-it manager

Klopp, unlike Mourinho, his club actually back him with signing, he spend 200m this season but almost , if not already out of all competition , lingering in midtable

Conte , like you said , clearly the owners of the biggest club agree that he is past-it , if not he wouldn't be at spurs

And one more ,poch ,this guy also clearly past - it , he won a title that even i would be called shameless to brag about and is now jobless , no big club comes calling

Those are the exact definition of past-it manager according to people , it's just that they have a lot of friends in media so nobody wrote about it yet

Last edited:
While Mourinho is obviously not what he used to be, Ten Hag is still a nobody. Even Solskajrjar had Man Utd on a decent run for a while. If Ten Hag wins a few leagues and european titles then maybe he'd on the level as Mourinho. Winning the dutch titles with Ajax is really nothing to be that excited about.

Ancelotti was past - it at everton before he won with real madrid, that media narrative can easily change when a manager win something worthy, whether the reader have their own brain to think by themselves without following what media wrote is different matters

Klopp and conte meanwhile, seems like a past-it manager

Klopp, unlike Mourinho, his club actually back him with signing, he spend 200m this season but almost , if not already out of all competition , lingering in midtable

Conte , like you said , clearly the owners of the biggest club agree that he is past-it , if not he wouldn't be at spurs

And one more ,poch ,this guy also clearly past - it , he won a title that even i would be called shameless to brag about and is now jobless , no big club comes calling

Those are the exact definition of past-it manager according to people , it's just that they have a lot of friends in media so nobody wrote about it yet
I forgot to add I also think as well as being past it , I really can’t abide him as a man

That's only your opinion, for me it's obvious he didn't past -it , just last season he won something spurs couldn't win with less budget and worse team
51963-original.jpg

Based on what ?

If you felt it's too difficult for ten hag to do it then that's only proving that Mourinho is definitely not past it
Based on going nowhere as a club despite spending fortunes.

Based on going nowhere as a club despite spending fortunes.
What is the definition of going somewhere?

If within 3 seasons ten hag failed to win either EPL or UCL does that mean he is also going nowhere?
Or you just want to keep giving him time until he win it doesn't matter if it's 5 or 10 years as long as he shows that the club is going somewhere?
Bottle the carabao cup today against lloris karius as GK and all the the talk about going somewhere can go fcked to the bin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom