Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I support Torino, being born and bred there, and Spurs. I chose Spurs in an era when I could have chosen the dippers or Forest (late 70s). I love everything about Spurs, I loved players like Achibald or Ossie or Hoddle , the colours, the badge, those photos from old WHL that I used to get in Italian footie magazines back then, and I love the style that is engraved for ever in this club.

Both clubs have an immense history and a strong "poetic" (I cannot find a better word) identity. They both "can" win something, but it's more rare and more precious. This is what football is about for me. I have never really been attracted by glory hunting clubs. It';s too easy to support them but also quite boring in my mentality.

I don't support any club in other leagues, I just "like' the idea of a specific club in a specific league, like Union Berlin in Germany or Athletic Bilbao in Spain, but I don't follow them, I don't follow those leagues and I am quite ignorant about them

Meh, I support Dinamo Tirana and Tottenham. But I doubt they would ever play each-other considering Dinamo is on the brink of administration and currently sitting dead last in Albania's 2nd division (the 2nd most succesful albanian club by the way), so, I guess I'm good and have no conflict of interest. What happened when Real played Liverpool in the CL Final? Did he support whoever won? I can't understand that scenario...

I asked him whom he'd support and he said he'll be happy regardless who wins. It's a weird thing, but I think he's gotten used to it.

I support a lot of clubs besides Spurs

Whoever is playing Woolwich
Whoever is playing Chelsea
Whoever is playing United
Whoever is playing Pool

It gets complicated when the above play each other
Why do you care about United? We couldn’t care less about Spurs results unless it effects our league position (no offence). Most Utd fans I know actually have a soft spot for Spurs actually.

Liverpool, Leeds and City are my rivals - in that order. It’s going to hurt seeing Liverpool win the league next year but they deserve it.

Why do you care about United? We couldn’t care less about Spurs results unless it effects our league position (no offence). Most Utd fans I know actually have a soft spot for Spurs actually.

Liverpool, Leeds and City are my rivals - in that order. It’s going to hurt seeing Liverpool win the league next year but they deserve it.
Calm down mate...

0na4cyveqbt21.jpg

I think there’s still a bit of resentment from the days when United would cherry pick our key players (Sheringham, Carrick, and Berbatov). Only three players but at the time we felt like a feeder club.

Other than that I don’t think there’s any bad blood between the clubs and fans. None of the Spurs fans I know dislike United.

Probably because in the past you've taken some of our best players and used to always beat us home and away.

Fuck them that's why

we've been their punching bag for years

I think there’s still a bit of resentment from the days when United would cherry pick our key players (Sheringham, Carrick, and Berbatov). Only three players but at the time we felt like a feeder club.

Other than that I don’t think there’s any bad blood between the clubs and fans. None of the Spurs fans I know dislike United.
That’s fair then, I didn’t think of that.

A friend of mine supports Real Madrid, Inter and Liverpool. I have never understood how he manages to do that, but he isn't the only one who does that in this world. For me, supporting is about one club only.
Depends what he means by support? I look for the results of local teams that are in several lower leagues. I do not go and watch them but want them to win and check their results. Once one of these teams actually got drawn against Spurs in the F A Cup but there was never a doubt I would support Spurs but was pleased the lower league team got a good pay day. Now does that count as support? not in my mind as I only truly support one team.

I only support one team, guess which???
Supporting Spurs takes up nearly all my spare time, I don't know how people can support two or more.
I half heartedly follow my local team in Malta, but wouldn't have a clue on who the players are.
Juve are my favourite Italian club, but that's a left over from the days when the Divine Ponytail was around and Channel 4 used to show live games, Italian football was king pin and I didn't have Sky.

I only support one team, guess which???
Supporting Spurs takes up nearly all my spare time, I don't know how people can support two or more.
I half heartedly follow my local team in Malta, but wouldn't have a clue on who the players are.
Juve are my favourite Italian club, but that's a left over from the days when the Divine Ponytail was around and Channel 4 used to show live games, Italian football was king pin and I didn't have Sky.

I support other teams in other sports such as HullFC in rugby league but I’ve only one team really

Well I support FCPorto. But i like newcastle because. They had Alan Shearer, Ginola, Bobby Robson amongst others, and I like Tottenham because of the style of football they played, and I watch Mourinho's games wherever he is. Like Ronaldo. I have one love. And it's FCPorto. I'm not a spread the love. I've seen more. Then 400 FCPorto matches, live, I've never seen a newcastle or tottenham live. But u can like more then one team, but u will only love one.

I support Torino, being born and bred there, and Spurs. I chose Spurs in an era when I could have chosen the dippers or Forest (late 70s). I love everything about Spurs, I loved players like Achibald or Ossie or Hoddle , the colours, the badge, those photos from old WHL that I used to get in Italian footie magazines back then, and I love the style that is engraved for ever in this club.

Both clubs have an immense history and a strong "poetic" (I cannot find a better word) identity. They both "can" win something, but it's more rare and more precious. This is what football is about for me. I have never really been attracted by glory hunting clubs. It';s too easy to support them but also quite boring in my mentality.

I don't support any club in other leagues, I just "like' the idea of a specific club in a specific league, like Union Berlin in Germany or Athletic Bilbao in Spain, but I don't follow them, I don't follow those leagues and I am quite ignorant about them
Hello mate,my old man is Italian + from the south so I look out for Napoli.Is the support in Turin 50//50 between Torino + Juve? I know they have huge support all over Italy.

Hello mate,my old man is Italian + from the south so I look out for Napoli.Is the support in Turin 50//50 between Torino + Juve? I know they have huge support all over Italy.
Hello mate; I guessed your background by your surname :)
Trying to be as objective as possible, I would say that when I grew up and up to the 90s, it was about 55-60% Toro and 40-45%Juve. Now I think it's very different, probably Juve are on 60%. Nationwide, of course, they are like Manu or dippers and by far they are the most supported club in Italy

Well I support FCPorto. But i like newcastle because. They had Alan Shearer, Ginola, Bobby Robson amongst others, and I like Tottenham because of the style of football they played, and I watch Mourinho's games wherever he is. Like Ronaldo. I have one love. And it's FCPorto. I'm not a spread the love. I've seen more. Then 400 FCPorto matches, live, I've never seen a newcastle or tottenham live. But u can like more then one team, but u will only love one.

I've tried to explain that to my Missus?

Back
Top Bottom