Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We lost!
Sorry, his tactics were fucking terrible today. Why did he play Eriksen? A player that's leaving and is woefully out of form. If his plan was to play without the ball for the first half then why play Eriksen over than Gio, a player who is far better without the ball, as he's able to press and win the ball back (just as he did the moment he came on)!!!

And if that was his tactics for the first half they scored we didn't! It meant we had to score twice against them, they haven't conceded ONE goal in their last (now) TEN games!!!! He got his tactics completely wrong in the first half, anyone, who can't see this is blind.

This take by spitty is spot on, begs the question of why the fuck change the manager.

It’s the Sky narrative - in order to win, you have to spend - however, forgets the season when we didn’t spend and did really well; and Liverpool spent nothing this summer. It’s just the way footballers think because they have just endless money and don’t have the brain to realise that there might be another way.
however, don’t want to reopen the whole ‘if we’d bought players’ debacle - whats done is done and it’s clear we need a DM and a backup CF to slot in for Kane when tired / injured.

We should be better than that though, especially at home. We're not Burnley. I don't want him here next season personally. He's outdated and the football is tedious.
Maybe we'll play more dynamic football when we'll have the players for it? Until then, there's not much we can do but sit back and hit on the counter.

Clear out the troublemakers / non-committed (Rose? Eriksen? Jan?) and go from there: bring in a quality DM and a backup for Sess and Kane. That’s three new players for my money. The DM will also allow Dele to do his stuff.
The wish list doesn’t go much further than that for me.

Spurs played a good tactical game and were "unlucky" with refereeing and VAR (non) decisions which aided Liverpool to hang on.

Another Spurs match, another list of bad calls going against Spurs, but an heroic attempt by the team and the attitude needed by most. Well done José in trying without Kane, Sissoko, etc, which Sky failed to even mention.

We lost!
Sorry, his tactics were fucking terrible today. Why did he play Eriksen? A player that's leaving and is woefully out of form. If his plan was to play without the ball for the first half then why play Eriksen over than Gio, a player who is far better without the ball, as he's able to press and win the ball back (just as he did the moment he came on)!!!

And if that was his tactics for the first half they scored we didn't! It meant we had to score twice against them, they haven't conceded ONE goal in their last (now) TEN games!!!! He got his tactics completely wrong in the first half, anyone, who can't see this is blind.

This take by spitty is spot on, begs the question of why the fuck change the manager.

The problem is this just isn’t accurate. We have the same exact needs now that we had under Pochettino.

Before people judge Jose’s team selection, why do people never understand the massive difference between starting with a defensive tactic and coming on with 20 min to go and having energy and license to attack against tired legs. I prefer GLC and Lamela to a couple others who started too but at least consider the variables before saying dumb one sided statements. Jose was not the main reason we lost today.

Lots of people on here are saying his tactics were spot on today. Surely team selection is part of tactics and for me he got it wrong. Battling performance from most though which was pleasing to see

I was surprised they managed to follow instructions as well as they did. Maybe for the first time properly under him. Shows what a week’s training together can do.

I don’t think the players helped each other out enough though. There were too many occasions players were isolated. He needs to get them working for each other again.

We lost!

You’ve become a tragic parody of yourself

Sorry, but please....PLEASE, when Poch finds a new club, go and support him there.
You sound like a little lamb that’s been ripped away from its Mummy sheep’s tit.

Your fucking Messiah has gone, no one has snapped him up despite 50 clubs changing manager since his sacking.
But please, go with him.....you need him, you’re health is suffering.

Guido
Weirdo

We lost!

So those that are disagreeing that the first half tactics were correct please explain your rationale here. I'm dying to understand what fucking game you watched.

*plumps up the pillows, makes a cuppa and waits*

You’ve become a tragic parody of yourself

Sorry, but please....PLEASE, when Poch finds a new club, go and support him there.
You sound like a little lamb that’s been ripped away from its Mummy sheep’s tit.

Your fucking Messiah has gone, no one has snapped him up despite 50 clubs changing manager since his sacking.
But please, go with him.....you need him, you’re health is suffering.

Guido
Weirdo
Fantastic football analysis we've all come to love and expect from you!

Before people judge Jose’s team selection, why do people never understand the massive difference between starting with a defensive tactic and coming on with 20 min to go and having energy and license to attack against tired legs. I prefer GLC and Lamela to a couple others who started too but at least consider the variables before saying dumb one sided statements. Jose was not the main reason we lost today.
So you are actually saying his first-half tactics were spot on? 0-1 was what the plan was?

Apart from the games when we didn't and I could list many and against big sides that we beat and/or got something out of the game.
Do you think we’d have got something from today with Poch and the same injuries and the same dramatic and continued loss of form? He’d have had the same players, but trying to play through the non-midfield, with Aurier and Rose pushing up, leaving massive gaps behind. We’re dealing with hypotheticals and what-ifs but, for me, I don’t recall seeing it from a similar situation, and I think we’d have been too open. We may have scored, but we’d have been on the wrong end of a big hiding.

Like I said - I loved him and what he did- and would still be 100%behind him if he were , but today was like a breath of fresh air watching a manager set up to counter the opposition’s tactics. Jose is building a battling mentality that will be needed to push on from here - more like Simeone,

I have optimism for silverware in the next couple of years, if not the most exciting football.
However, only time will tell - but I wasn’t expecting a spanking today and expected something similar to what we had so I’m hopeful.

So you are actually saying his first-half tactics were spot on? 0-1 was what the plan was?
Keeping it to less than 3 was probably the tactic - limit any possible damage and then attack in the final phase. With our current frailties, we’re not going to outplay a comfortable, confident and thoroughly-oiled machine - Jose’s being pragmatic - and it almost worked!

Back
Top Bottom