Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And the new manager hasnt improved it one bit. Its at least as bad as early season, morale, performances and after a very brief bounce, results. People that think Mourinho is right for this job really need a better defence of their man than ' yeah but Poch'....

Then again if peoples critique of Jose wrongly projects that somehow a scenario is exclusive to him or of his making then why not?

I'm not overtly pro-jose; I'm simply pro-balance and objectivity.

Yet the vast majority of promoted teams from the Championship get relegated so it can't be that easily done.

Well obviously it takes more than just motivation to make for a RELATIVELY(*) successful team.

(*At the beginning of the season they'd have ripped your arm off for a top 8 finish..... Would we?)

I still believe.
giphy.gif

it’ll likely be our best shot back into CL for the following season, so I really don’t want to miss out personally. I could see the spiral back into mediocrity accelerating if we fail even to achieve that.

Well it's going to depend on this whole Corona virus too. Silver lining is that I guess while matches might be cancelled, there's going to be extended training for all clubs, it at least gives Jose a bit of time to sort something of a formation out. Then he'll be out of excuses if he cocks up next year.

Should be interesting though no? Given that it looks like internationals won't be happening any time soon that could mean for next season
A) all teams should be 95% fit barring freak and or training injuries
B) tactically, every team is going to have time to adapt to their coaches prefered playing styles.

Could be great news for new managers (Jose, Ancelotti) and good news for older ones to try and play catch up on other teams.

Well it's going to depend on this whole Corona virus too. Silver lining is that I guess while matches might be cancelled, there's going to be extended training for all clubs, it at least gives Jose a bit of time to sort something of a formation out. Then he'll be out of excuses if he cocks up next year.

Should be interesting though no? Given that it looks like internationals won't be happening any time soon that could mean for next season
A) all teams should be 95% fit barring freak and or training injuries
B) tactically, every team is going to have time to adapt to their coaches prefered playing styles.

Could be great news for new managers (Jose, Ancelotti) and good news for older ones to try and play catch up on other teams.

Yup, it will be interesting.

no bias here, but I’d just abort the season immediately. 🤨

Back
Top Bottom