Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The more I read about former players talking about Jose, the more it is at odds with how the media portray him. Funny that.
Is it the media?
Or is it fans perception?

A lot of people, even those close to me take me the wrong way, misquote me and put what I say out of context. Perhaps that's what has happened to Mourinho. It can happen quickly and the situation can be hard to recover.

I was going to say why is Jose & the coaching team not stay at the training ground, then read the acticle and thought as they are now living near many of the players his coaching household can use their walk to go round and speak to the players from a safe distance

I was going to say why is Jose & the coaching team not stay at the training ground, then read the acticle and thought as they are now living near many of the players his coaching household can use their walk to go round and speak to the players from a safe distance

I very much doubt he's not the only manager meeting his players face to face. He's just unlucky to get caught.

The more I read about former players talking about Jose, the more it is at odds with how the media portray him. Funny that.

I guess it depends which players are talking about Mourinho. Pogba, Martial, Salah, DeBruyne, Casillas, Ramos, Ronaldo...might confirm some of those media portrayals, and there have been many others. Might be where the media have got those portrayals from?

For someone who is apparently despised by the football community at large, he sure has a small army of players willing to walk through minefields for him.

IMO, the majority of players he's fallen out with have simply not been good enough for him.
That's not to say they weren't good players, no one can deny KdB and Salah aren't worldies, but at Chelsea they were young and didn't perform to their current levels.

IMO, the majority of players he's fallen out with have simply not been good enough for him.
That's not to say they weren't good players, no one can deny KdB and Salah aren't worldies, but at Chelsea they were young and didn't perform to their current levels.

SAF once got rid of Pogba because he didn’t rate him or like him
‘Walking around the place like a fucking peacock’!!

I guess it depends which players are talking about Mourinho. Pogba, Martial, Salah, DeBruyne, Casillas, Ramos, Ronaldo...might confirm some of those media portrayals, and there have been many others. Might be where the media have got those portrayals from?

With the exception of Salah those other players are very much in the Bertie Big Bollocks category and have started shit with many other managers.

All I can say is that if Mourinho can manage an ego like Zlatan or Eto'o then he must be a great man manager. That doesn't mean that he will get along with everyone, he expects the most talented players to be the most consistent players. Consistency is everything at the top level. Someone like Kane is a totally different personality to Zlatan but they have the same level of intensity in their work, 100% in every training session and every game. He trusts players who use their talent consistently. Anyone who wastes their talent by not working hard will not get the same trust as a harder working, less talented player. That's no different to Poch or any other elite manager. The only difference is that Mourinho has a big mouth of his own and it has been his undoing many times. Then again Poch wrote a book where he threw a few handfuls of shit at certain players so maybe they aren't that different after all.

Last edited:
With the exception of Salah those other players are very much in the Bertie Big Bollocks category and have started shit with many other managers.

All I can say is that if Mourinho can manage an ego like Zlatan or Eto'o then he must be a great man manager. That doesn't mean that he will get along with everyone, he expects the most talented players to be the most consistent players. Consistency is everything at the top level. Someone like Kane is a totally different personality to Zlatan but they have the same level of intensity in their work, 100% in every training session and every game. He trusts players who use their talent consistently. Anyone who wastes their talent by not working hard will not get the same trust as a harder working, less talented player. That's no different to Poch or any other elite manager. The only difference is that Mourinho has a big mouth of his own and it has been his undoing many times. Then again Poch wrote a book where he threw a few handfuls of shit at certain players so maybe they aren't that different after all.

Why, because no other manager has managed Ibrahimavic?

What manager did Pogba have problems with before Mourinho? What manager did DeBruyne have problems with?

And there are plenty of other players who he's had issues with or failed to motivate at one time or another - Hazard, Luiz, Eto, Mata, Lukaku, Shaw, Fred, Robben, Pedro Leon. And several more.

Not all of those were major fall outs. Some were just players unhappy at not being given chances. Some of those players have made up with him or speak reasonably well of him, but that doesn't change the fact that at the time there were problems and he has not always man managed players well.

I doubt if there's a manager out there with a longer resume of players - great, or otherwise - that have had man management issues or personality clashes.

Between 2004-2010 when his approach was more unique and he was winning leagues and CL's consistently that was excusable. In the last ten years he's won the league twice, once with Real Madrid and once with Chelsea.

His inability to man manage a better squad at ManU than he's got now with us saw them slide down the table and rumours were there were about 4 players who were sad to see him go.

When Pochettino did his "dressing room bad boy cull" early on for example, he had players like Kane, Mason, Bentaleb who'd walk through walls for him and have his back in the dressing room.

That's not what Mourinho's got here. We've already heard Kane make noises about "not staying for the sake of it". Hardly a ringing endorsement of Mourinho's man management.

My bollocks are smarter than you.

Tell us where you got your "SAF got rid of Pogba because he didn't rate him or like him" garbage?

You just made it up didn't you?

Of course I did you twat

Just like I made up the fact that Sissoko was voted player of the year

SAF never said that he couldn’t trust Pogba or that his form was inconsistent even in the youth side
He never preferred Rafael to bringing him on against Blackburn in 2011

Just fuck off mate And bore some other Forums with your joke match reports

Fucking idiot

Of course I did you twat

Just like I made up the fact that Sissoko was voted player of the year

SAF never said that he couldn’t trust Pogba or that his form was inconsistent even in the youth side
He never preferred Rafael to bringing him on against Blackburn in 2011

Just fuck off mate And bore some other Forums with your joke match reports

Fucking idiot

That's what I thought, you just made it up you silly fucktard.

The 73-year-old retired manager claims in his new book, Leading, that he was eager for Pogba to sign a one-year contract extension with the club, but his strained relationship with Raiola hindered this from happening.
“There are one or two football agents I simply do not like, and Mino Raiola, Paul Pogba’s agent is one of them. I distrusted him from the moment I met him."
“We had Paul under a three-year contract, and it had a one-year renewal option which we were eager to sign."
“Raiola suddenly appeared on the scene and our first meeting was a fiasco. He and I were like oil and water."
Ferguson then pretty much came out and said that Raiola convinced the French midfielder that Manchester United wasn't the right place for him.

“From then our goose was cooked because Raiola had been able to integrate himself with Paul and his family and the player signed with Juventus.“

And Sissoko wasn't voted player of the season. More fucking bullshit. Son was voted player of the season by the fans. Sissoko got the Micky Hazard and Graham Roberts, afternoon down the pub vote, decided by Micky Hazard and Graham Roberts.

Now fuck off back to the fucking toilet, the only place you're fucking relevant to anyone.

Sissoko voted ‘legends’ player of the season 28/5/2019

Comments by SAF made long before his new book
Now fuck off

Back
Top Bottom