Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing we are sure of, is when we return, we will know whether Jose is what he can be for us.

His excuse for our shitness was always he hasn't had time to instill ''his way'' and training has been match-focused.

If we come back and are still shit, he's done.
Surely training now is more about maintaining general fitness.

How is he able to instill "his way" without access to the training ground?

Surely training now is more about maintaining general fitness.

How is he able to instill "his way" without access to the training ground?
They did have access for a while and a bit of training is ''classroom'' stuff.

He can easily do interactive training sessions on tactics with the tools Spurs can provide.

If I were him and he wanted us to perform the way, for example, his Inter side did. I'd do daily run throughs of every game they played and explain the roles of Schneijder, Milito, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Eto'o etc.

There's a lot that can be done to teach.

They did have access for a while and a bit of training is ''classroom'' stuff.

He can easily do interactive training sessions on tactics with the tools Spurs can provide.

If I were him and he wanted us to perform the way, for example, his Inter side did. I'd do daily run throughs of every game they played and explain the roles of Schneijder, Milito, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Eto'o etc.

There's a lot that can be done to teach.
Those are some fair points. But surely the theory also has to be drilled on the training ground for it to really be implemented?

But as you pointed out he can start the implementation now with the theoretical bit. But they aren't going to be able to drill runs and tactical movements until they are back at Hotspur Way.

Those are some fair points. But surely the theory also has to be drilled on the training ground for it to really be implemented?

But as you pointed out he can start the implementation now with the theoretical bit. But they aren't going to be able to drill runs and tactical movements until they are back at Hotspur Way.
I suspect they will be allowed back to training long before any matches are rescheduled.

They have to be. Some players (De Bruyne is the one I can remember) have more or less said that they demand 4-6 weeks of pre season before the season is resumed.
Which is why they must simply abandon the season (Sorry Liverpool, fuck you West Ham) and start over.

Dunno why Liverpool are too aggy, they'll win it again by an absolute mile.

I suspect they will be allowed back to training long before any matches are rescheduled.
Which is why they must simply abandon the season (Sorry Liverpool, fuck you West Ham) and start over.

Dunno why Liverpool are too aggy, they'll win it again by an absolute mile.
I can't see the owners and the FA missing out on millions because players/managers want a pre season.

I agree that they should but when did the FA or owners give a fuck.
The FA will do everything they can to get the season started ASAP, they will even impose fines and/or points deductions for the £££££££££££££

I can't see the owners and the FA missing out on millions because players/managers want a pre season.

The FA will do everything they can to get the season started ASAP, they will even impose fines and/or points deductions for the £££££££££££££
Football is already in the midst of a PR disaster with the behaviours shown in the past couple months. You'd think they'd steer clear of being so authoritarian.

Football is already in the midst of a PR disaster with the behaviours shown in the past couple months. You'd think they'd steer clear of being so authoritarian.
They should, but won't.
Only my opinion of course.

The FA will say "The season starts on x date".
The owners will be delighted as all clubs are losing money.
The managers and players will complain but the season will start on date x.

I'd guess clubs to some extent would, on the basis that they don't want 3/4s of their squad ending up in the treatment room.

Last edited:
They should, but won't.
Only my opinion of course.

The FA will say "The season starts on x date".
The owners will be delighted as all clubs are losing money.
The managers and players will complain but the season will start on date x.

Player power is quite a thing.

I don't understand why players can't train at the training ground.
Government advice "work from home unless you absolutely can't"

If they are otherwise socially distanced and all of them have behaved there's little to no chance of bringing it to the training ground.

JM will be halfway to having a full pack of cards, the squad should all be over injuries, the other half of the deck is having had time to actually work with the squad.

I don't understand why players can't train at the training ground.
Government advice "work from home unless you absolutely can't"

If they are otherwise socially distanced and all of them have behaved there's little to no chance of bringing it to the training ground.

JM will be halfway to having a full pack of cards, the squad should all be over injuries, the other half of the deck is having had time to actually work with the squad.

Then you have to also staff the training ground.

Good words from Rashford there. He’s a player who wants to work hard and get better. Obviously he understood his role in the team, stayed professional and did what the manager asked.

It’s pretty obvious as a player what you need to succeed under Mourinho. If he’s backed and gets mentally tough players in then he will do well. Trouble is finding those players. Do they exist nowadays and have the talent to accompany it. I’m not sure, hence why players like Kane, for example, are so valuable.

Good words from Rashford there. He’s a player who wants to work hard and get better. Obviously he understood his role in the team, stayed professional and did what the manager asked.

It’s pretty obvious as a player what you need to succeed under Mourinho. If he’s backed and gets mentally tough players in then he will do well. Trouble is finding those players. Do they exist nowadays and have the talent to accompany it. I’m not sure, hence why players like Kane, for example, are so valuable.
Good post. This may be a reason he likes to sign veteran players based on work ethic and experience instead of modern Instagram footballers

Back
Top Bottom