Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True. Giroud as back up to kane would be a pretty smart move. Willian is pretty good but I don't think we need him as much. But still can't see levy wanting to pay the wages required despite the good points you made.
We won't move for either of them it will be young players or nothing at all most likely the latter.

Yeah, best not to get our hopes up. Especially not to expect any new top quality established players. More Bergwijn type signings I reckon.
Or even loan deals it doesn't normally take much to trigger the clubs cautious approach and back off spending.
I would be very doubtful that key positions get filled probably 1/2 in that is it.

Agree with that
Imagine Giroud sitting on the bench earning @ £300k a week.
Then imagine how the rest of the players would react to that.

I can't say I know for sure either way, but surely Giroud is on nothing like 300kpw.... I'd guess more like half that....

At the moment but he's going to be looking for huge wages and/or signing on fee. Due to him being a free agent and this being his last big contract

Tough break in terms of timing for anyone in his position.... He won't be getting the usual free agent 'trimmings'.

Giroud & Willians wages would be far too high. When receiving the weekly wages they want from there agents, he would assume it was the monthly amount.

Now and the future is going to be Levy time :levyeyes:

Huge transfers , silly wages and poncy agents are history from now on .

HEEEERRRESSSSS DANNNNY !!!!!!! :levylol:

Last edited:
They're free agents. We can easily pay them what they want. It could be an upfront bonus followed by lower weekly wages.
They're not young enough to demand extraordinary packages over the course of their contract.
Conversely, because they're old and will only get say 2 years, if we paid them £300k a week, that still pays them less than a player on £150k on a 5 year deal.
Might as well just get him on a 1 year deal then so we can give him £500k per week...

Agree with that
Imagine Giroud sitting on the bench earning @ £300k a week.
Then imagine how the rest of the players would react to that.

Imagine all of them looking at a player on the bench earning £300k a week who's won the World Cup, 4 FA Cups, the Europa League and Ligue 1 with a team that isn't PSG or Monaco.
He's won more than most of our squad combined.

Imagine all of them looking at a player on the bench earning £300k a week who's won the World Cup, 4 FA Cups, the Europa League and Ligue 1 with a team that isn't PSG or Monaco.

Not when you add José he hasn’t

:mourpointlaugh:

And that would stop them all looking for pay rises, of course.
Why didn't I think of that.

And that would stop them all looking for pay rises, of course.
Why didn't I think of that.

Football needs a hard reboot and maybe this current crisis will start the ball rolling on that. Why should football be any different to any other job, whereby a more experienced individual with a proven track record of success should be paid less than a younger individual with zero success to date.

Football needs a hard reboot and maybe this current crisis will start the ball rolling on that. Why should football be any different to any other job, whereby a more experienced individual with a proven track record of success should be paid less than a younger individual with zero success to date.
Speculation

Why should football be any different to any other job, whereby a more experienced individual with a proven track record of success should be paid less than a younger individual with zero success to date.
Football may need a reboot but try telling any individual player and their agent that.

Real Madrid to Kane : "We're only going to pay you £100k a week"

Kane : "But Messi is earning £500k a week"

RM : "Yeah, but he's older and he's won things"

Some how I can't see it working.

Football may need a reboot but try telling any individual player and their agent that.

Real Madrid to Kane : "We're only going to pay you £100k a week"

Kane : "But Messi is earning £500k a week"

RM : "Yeah, but he's older and he's won things"

Some how I can't see it working.
You can't see Kane accepting he shouldn't be paid as much as Messi?
I couldn't see him, or anyone turning down that money, but I couldn't see many players this side of Zlatan thinking they're worth as much.

You can't see Kane accepting he shouldn't be paid as much as Messi?
I couldn't see him, or anyone turning down that money, but I couldn't see many players this side of Zlatan thinking they're worth as much.
Ok it was.an extreme example.

Can you see Harry being happy to be on £100k less than a bench player, regardless of his past?

One thing we are sure of, is when we return, we will know whether Jose is what he can be for us.

His excuse for our shitness was always he hasn't had time to instill ''his way'' and training has been match-focused.

If we come back and are still shit, he's done.

Back
Top Bottom