Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose isn’t stupid and knows that there will be limitations especially now but if he can get a couple of players that would fit in better with his system and have a decent pre season with the injuries clearing up I’m confident that we’ll be a force to be reckoned with like we were with Poch but this time José will get us over the line!!
That’s the difference
And we would have won the CL final with him in charge imv
He would never have risked Kane from the off

I will always treasure Poch for giving me moments I will never forget. he is no fraud. However, that was a massive call to make and the wrong one. Give Mou some time lads.

Last edited:
Jose isn’t stupid and knows that there will be limitations especially now but if he can get a couple of players that would fit in better with his system and have a decent pre season with the injuries clearing up I’m confident that we’ll be a force to be reckoned with like we were with Poch but this time José will get us over the line!!
That’s the difference
And we would have won the CL final with him in charge imv
He would never have risked Kane from the off
I agree that we might improve next season but don't know if we will be a force though, the investment and ambition isn't there and along with the pandemic has made it worse imo.

I agree that we might improve next season but don't know if we will be a force though, the investment and ambition isn't there and along with the pandemic has made it worse imo.

Yes impossible to predict now with the pandemic but I wouldn’t want anyone else as manager

No manager gets every player they want, it's a compromise at very nearly every club. Otherwise every manager would sign Mbappe, Messi, and De Bruyne every season.

On Jose, the way the FA and clubs are trying to get the season finished there will be no pre season. Also its likely that the TW will be messed about with making it even harder to get the players he wants.

we have a squad of weak minded players that will never win trophies Poch over 5 years built that squad.
Jose will add winners to the squad some we will not agree on (Willian Giroud) and will win something in the next 2 seasons. These winners will also change the mentality of the up and coming players that will come through the academy.

we have a squad of weak minded players that will never win trophies Poch over 5 years built that squad.
Jose will add winners to the squad some we will not agree on (Willian Giroud) and will win something in the next 2 seasons. These winners will also change the mentality of the up and coming players that will come through the academy.
Can't see levy allowing player's of that age onto the books as there is no sell on value it's not what we do.

I hope this will change and Levy trusts a manager that is a serial winner we will see.
Levy backed Poch in the last transfer window close to with the players he wanted and we went backwards.
Desire and win at all costs is sadly lacking in the squad that Poch built

I hope this will change and Levy trusts a manager that is a serial winner we will see.
Levy backed Poch in the last transfer window close to with the players he wanted and we went backwards.
Desire and win at all costs is sadly lacking in the squad that Poch built
Originally under poch I thought signs of a winning mentality and a touch of the dark arts was creeping into our game and it was good to see.
But as ever when it came to the big games semi finals and or a final we lost more than we won, the CL final performance was poor a team with no belief that they could win it.
Jose traditionally would sell his mother to win something or even a game, that is so far removed from the weak mentality of the players.

2 experienced signings back in the Martin Job days had a massive effect on the team becoming better were Neybet and Edgar Davids I think Jose is looking to add winners to the squad. Willian and Giroud are very good players that would add to our squad. The 2 games this season show both players still have plenty to offer and as much as we all hate Chelsea are very good options.

2 experienced signings back in the Martin Job days had a massive effect on the team becoming better were Neybet and Edgar Davids I think Jose is looking to add winners to the squad. Willian and Giroud are very good players that would add to our squad. The 2 games this season show both players still have plenty to offer and as much as we all hate Chelsea are very good options.

while I agree, I think we’re in a position at spurs where we have so many players with similar qualities And confidence. For example, Lamela has confidence of being at Spurs... evidence in his 20-30 mins per a game he comes on and injects life into the starting 11...

I think an experienced Prem player is what we need, but maybe in the form of a deep lying / box to box player... similar to when we signed Scott Parker and his few years with us.

Originally under poch I thought signs of a winning mentality and a touch of the dark arts was creeping into our game and it was good to see.
But as ever when it came to the big games semi finals and or a final we lost more than we won, the CL final performance was poor a team with no belief that they could win it.
Jose traditionally would sell his mother to win something or even a game, that is so far removed from the weak mentality of the players.

Need to clear the deck and a new manager with no prior relationship with the players that need to go is perfect for that job.

Willian, even though he royally fucked us all those years ago, would do exactly what we need, work his socks off, produce regularly and always be available.

while I agree, I think we’re in a position at spurs where we have so many players with similar qualities And confidence. For example, Lamela has confidence of being at Spurs... evidence in his 20-30 mins per a game he comes on and injects life into the starting 11...

I think an experienced Prem player is what we need, but maybe in the form of a deep lying / box to box player... similar to when we signed Scott Parker and his few years with us.

Lamela needs to leave. If we could get £10m for him I'd take it and the salary saving to pass onto someone else.

In my view we have three "pure" wingers in Son, Bergwijn and Lucas. A good prospect - and also a pure winger - in Sessegnon. Plus Lamela, Sissoko and Lo Celso that could play on that right attacking midfield place. I don´t think we need Willian at all.

Giroud could make sense as we obviously need a second striker. But I´m still not sure about signing him.

I think we should go for three players. A second striker and two others: a defensive midfielder and a right back. We need players to come and play for this two positions. No luxury signings, but if we get the right ones I think we can fight for good things.

I´d like to bring in a name for the defensive midfield position: Baptiste Santamaria.
Plays for Angers, in the pivot of a 4-1-4-1 formation. 25 years old and would cost us less than 15m.

Giroud & Willians wages would be far too high. When receiving the weekly wages they want from there agents, he would assume it was the monthly amount.
They're free agents. We can easily pay them what they want. It could be an upfront bonus followed by lower weekly wages.
They're not young enough to demand extraordinary packages over the course of their contract.
Conversely, because they're old and will only get say 2 years, if we paid them £300k a week, that still pays them less than a player on £150k on a 5 year deal.

They're free agents. We can easily pay them what they want. It could be an upfront bonus followed by lower weekly wages.
They're not young enough to demand extraordinary packages over the course of their contract.
Conversely, because they're old and will only get say 2 years, if we paid them £300k a week, that still pays them less than a player on £150k on a 5 year deal.
True. Giroud as back up to kane would be a pretty smart move. Willian is pretty good but I don't think we need him as much. But still can't see levy wanting to pay the wages required despite the good points you made.

True. Giroud as back up to kane would be a pretty smart move. Willian is pretty good but I don't think we need him as much. But still can't see levy wanting to pay the wages required despite the good points you made.
Agree with that
Imagine Giroud sitting on the bench earning @ £300k a week.
Then imagine how the rest of the players would react to that.

Agree with that
Imagine Giroud sitting on the bench earning @ £300k a week.
Then imagine how the rest of the players would react to that.
Yeah that's way too much from our wage budget. Probably 100k max for a giroud sort.
But I do get his point about what you save on the transfer fee. I think both giroud & willian will end up at teams who pay a lot more on wages. The other worry with those sort of players is if they aren't that motivated & end up coasting along on this massive wage.

Back
Top Bottom