Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Famous Mourinho quote. -

“In a supermarket, you can have 3 different class eggs, more often than not the best eggs make the best omelette”

I can only assume this means the players will have better breakfasts?

It will not end well. It will end in bitterness , acrimony and rancour.
It never does with Jose. I predict his biggest meltdown in his chequered history after 2 transfer windows when he does not get his way.

Also i genuinely believe he is an analogue manager in a digital world.

Too many of our fans revel in being underdogs

Too many fans are so desperate for some bling that they are willing and cheering to see the club piss away its soul and glory. I'd rather go my entire lifetime without seeing Spurs lift a trophy if they played beautiful football and had a positive, constructive influence on the world of football than see us win the league under a typical Mourinho reign. I hate the cunt with a passion. He is a disgrace to the sport that I love.

It's a huge shift in mentality. As fans do we want to be forever seen as underdogs, stylish but with no substance. The problems he has had with players is asking them to work harder, be tactically switched on and give everything. Pogba being the headline case. Pogba has really gone onto great heights hasn't he? No because his attitude is shite. Players with a winners mentality die for the bloke. If the players dont respect probably the greatest manager after fergie in the modern era football has gone. Add to that he will attract the elite players. After a period of osterity for the club it's a change in mentality we are going to spend huge

This is the greatest day in the Club's history. Finally, instead of a charlatan who has (and will) never win anything because he is a loser, we now have the most successful manager of the modern era. A genuine, Class A, top top manager who has won the league, the CL, the EL, FA Cup, Carling Cup and loads of other trophies.

This is what turns us from also rans to proper challengers.

This is the GREATEST DAY of all time.

Glad Poch has gone. Awful loser. Had umpteen chances to win something and blew it every time. The man was no good. He improved us for a bit (with the best team we had in 50 years) but we were in a death spiral at the end. 9 months (MONTHS) of relegation form football. Unacceptable.

You can't put your faith in a dream that a man who has done nothing will suddenly turn it around.

We are now a true player on the world stage. Our time has come.

Has anyone ever told you that you're a cunt.

Even when I agree with some of what you say, you say it in such a way that makes me despise you even more.

Lick mah balls

Souness, the former Liverpool and Newcastle manager, told Sky Sports News: "He is a guy that has won trophies wherever he has been. I would expect him to do the same at Spurs.

"Spurs have won three trophies in 28 years. For a big club that's just not good enough.

"Spurs are genuinely a big football club and they need someone that can turn what is perceived to be attacking, attractive football into maybe a slightly more pragmatic approach that will put some silverware in the boardroom, and I think he is the perfect fit for them.

"He is an angry man, deep inside. He's a frustrated man, the way it turned out at United. I think Spurs will reap the benefit of that.

"He knew he was going to go back and he was just waiting for the right one. He loves the English game.

"Our football right now is the one everyone wants to watch. The spotlight is on us. He likes to be in the spotlight. He has got a big personality but he truly is a football person.

"I think Spurs are getting the right man at the right time. He feels he has a point to prove to people who doubted him or were critical of him. He will want to ram those words down his critics' throats."

Back
Top Bottom