Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know over 2 seasons in 15/16 and 16/17 we had more points than any other prem club which in the grand scheme of things means bog all as well. There was an opportunity last season to get top 4 and we didnt. I dont hold Mourinho particulaly responsible for that as there were other factors that came into play but that cant gloss over his middling results to date which was what was questioned. I hope at the end season we have top 4, a trophy and i look an idiot for ever having doubts but as it stands, despite the 2nd half yesterday, those doubts remain.
Honestly at this point I don't think anyone can deny that Mourinho's not the saviour we needed and probably isn't going to bring us to the top of the world or whatever. But squad morale was at an all time low and something had to change and Mourinho did... somewhat salvage the season, despite abysmal performance in the cups, especially the CL.

But we've dug ourselves in now. We've given Mourinho a gigantic contract and now signed many players in his mould, that would struggle under a new manager who might want to play fancier, more technical football. We're in for the long haul.

We legitimately can't sack him until he's been given this full season imo, even though I think he's going to run our players into the ground.

The only big positive for me about Mou has been that he's actually demanded that the players put the effort in or get out. We let players like Ndombele, Dele & Dier get out of shape and just fuck about and it was crucial that ended. So if nothing else, when he leaves, there might be a mentality of putting in the effort and giving it all for the shirt, something we lacked by the time Poch got the sack.

I doubt he'll win us anything in all honesty. But neither did Poch, so whatever.

We legitimately can't sack him until he's been given this full season imo, even though I think he's going to run our players into the ground.
I do not really agree with this statement since you can see from the Amazon doco he said that he will give players one extra day of rest. His experience with Chelsea and other clubs is that he is more relax in term of training (more relax than Poch I reckon) but once they step on the pitch game day then they will need 100% concentration and commitment. I think he will try and win the Carabao cup just to give the players a feeling of winning and then try to grab Europa for the club to have a proper trophy. It will be a strong push for CL next season for sure.

I m gonna fucking enjoy every single fucking minute this season. It's gonna be a bumpy ride. I am ready for it. So some of you sniveling bitches grow a pair or get the fuck out. Sick of some know it all cunts. They try to find an excuse to moan even when we are winning. What kind of shithole fan behaves like that.

There's a bit of a common myth with Mourinho that he leaves every club in ruins, however I was having a think today and decided to see if that is actually true. So here is a list of the positions of each of his clubs for the 3 seasons before and the seasons after he has left them.

Porto
98/99: 1st
99/00: 2nd
00/01: 2nd

04/05: 2nd
05/06: 1st
06/07: 1st

Chelsea (first time)
01/02: 6th
02/03: 4th
03/04: 2nd

08/09: 3rd
09/10: 1st
10/11: 2nd

Inter
07/08: 1st

10/11 2nd
11/12 6th
12/13 9th

Real Madrid
08/09: 2nd
09/10: 2nd

13/14: 3rd (win CL)
14/15: 2nd
15/16 2nd (win CL)

Chelsea (2nd time)
11/12: 6th
12/13: 3rd

16/17: 1st
17/18: 5th
18/19: 3rd

Manchester United
13/14: 7th
14/15: 4th
15/16: 5th

19/20: 4th
20/21: ?
21/22: ?

So according to this, he has left every club in the league in a better state then he found them in besides Inter. And I think that is more due to the management of the club after he left seeing he won the treble in his last season there. Completely dispels a big myth about Jose and makes me feel a lot more confident about life post Mourinho.

I m gonna fucking enjoy every single fucking minute this season. It's gonna be a bumpy ride. I am ready for it. So some of you sniveling bitches grow a pair or get the fuck out. Sick of some know it all cunts. They try to find an excuse to moan even when we are winning. What kind of shithole fan behaves like that.

the bumpy rides are part of supporting any club, isn’t it? I enjoy every aspect of every season. The ups and downs are part of it all! As long as it’s not down all the way:)

There's a bit of a common myth with Mourinho that he leaves every club in ruins, however I was having a think today and decided to see if that is actually true. So here is a list of the positions of each of his clubs for the 3 seasons before and the seasons after he has left them.

Porto

Chelsea (first time)

Inter

10/11 2nd
11/12 6th
12/13 9th

Real Madrid

15/16 2nd (win CL)

Chelsea (2nd time)

Manchester United

So according to this, he has left every club in the league in a better state then he found them in besides Inter. And I think that is more due to the management of the club after he left seeing he won the treble in his last season there. Completely dispels a big myth about Jose and makes me feel a lot more confident about life post Mourinho.

thanks for pulling these info together. Very informative!

Pity the league is 38 games long rendering the above assertion null and void

He didnt even have a full season ya numpty lol
He came in November and people are using win ratios lol bore off!
Spurs fans must be the most deluded and fickle fans in the country, poch struggled with this team hence him getting sacked yet because jose didnt get pochs team into the top 4 hes shit?!

How can anyone judge a manager from half a season?
And to the guy saying ole got man united 3rd better than joses 6th,....he won the bloody europa league to secure champions league ya melt! 3rd and 6th arnt 1st and they both ended up with the same result...
He was hampered by injuries again in that season hence why he focused on the europa league.

I sit reading this forum and i can't believe what comes out of some yous lots mouths, its total bollocks tbh.

Win 5-2 and its jose out too haha 😄 its like watching espn..

umm...Liverpool, Chelsea, Manure and Woolwich supporters perhaps?

Jose is going nowhere this season regardless of results

He doesn’t resign anywhere and Levy won’t pay him off

Bale and Reguillon signing are statements of intent imv so I’m going to enjoy the ride
No managers resign anymore. Results dependent isn't it. If they are poor and we're mid table November/December he'd be paid off. If we're bothering the top 4 he won't. Levy himself said in the doc this is a champions league club and thats what all our managers are judged on.

No managers resign anymore. Results dependent isn't it. If they are poor and we're mid table November/December he'd be paid off. If we're bothering the top 4 he won't. Levy himself said in the doc this is a champions league club and thats what all our managers are judged on.

He did? Then how come we don't spend like one then?

:harrysmile:

He's got some fucking nerve coming out with a comment like that especially considering we didn't sign a single player in the summer of 2018 nor January '19.

Porto

Chelsea (first time)

Inter

10/11 2nd
11/12 6th
12/13 9th

Real Madrid

15/16 2nd (win CL)

Chelsea (2nd time)

Manchester United

Whenever he will leave and whatever we will win with him, I have little doubt that we will continue to progress. I have said that several times: it's my feeling , but I think that by the end of this decade we will win everything more than once
With regards to Inter, it's an odd one: I have always thought that the two domestic trophies were almost meaningless, as they didn't have any decent competition ( a bit like Juve in the last 9 years). On the other hand, I think that winning the CL with Inter has been one of his biggest achievements

Back
Top Bottom