Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course it will be dull. Have you not watched football the past 20 years? The only thing that isn't dull about a Mourinho club is the press conferences and the behind the scenes acrimony. But the football is dull as fuck.

You're not wrong mate, I was alluding to all the other nonsense you detail.

Interesting take

I don't find that interesting at all. Here's a quote from the article, it's just an article written by someone who doesn't like Mourinho. Not talking about any of the issues Poch has faced over the last year and a half.

"What Pochettino demonstrated during his time at the club is that players like Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Harry Winks, and Son Heung-min responded best to a calm atmosphere, in which inter-personal relationships were incubated. "

Ew.

Because you "prefer the old days" and we are now "just another big club." LOL.

Apologies if I missed something, but show me one person who said that.

Some people have their panties in a twist about Mourinho on a personal (or in some cases tactical) level, which, whatever. I personally think this is likelier to result in disaster than success. But fuck man, we all want to win. The idea that there are fans pining for mid-table mediocrity is a straw man.

This whole thing is just surreal. And I don't mean that in a bad way necessarily, even if I wanted to keep Poch. I'm on the whole optimistic.

But, fuck, Mourinho with a Spurs logo... it's just fucking surreal.

You're not wrong mate, I was alluding to all the other nonsense you detail.
I get that, which is why this appointment has very little to do with football...and being a football supporter, that's why its upsetting me so.

The trouble began mostly at United because Mr. Bus didn't like his back line and couldn't get the funds to rebuild it. What is there to like about our back line? Fuck all. And Mourinho has never been one to make players better, he just opens the wallet. Well, Levy's got a smaller wallet than anywhere he's been in 20 years and it mostly stays shut.

This is going to be a disastrous 20 months that end with Harry and Dele fucking off, Son requesting SK reassess his national service exemption, and Hugo staying half pissed the for the whole saga.

I almost dare not write these words, but I'm feeling excited! Am I a mug? Part of me thinks it could be the biggest car crash since His Royal Nonce's interview, another is thinking, 'Yes, fucking do it JoMo!'

I am being a mug aren't I.

Prince Andrew take note.... now that’s an interview.
That has me sold to be fair. Emphasising “my” club. Fuck Chelsea they are the past. What Jose wants is success and to be loved again, the conditions at Spurs are perfect for that should he deliver results and silverware. And what he says is consistent with what he has said as a pundit and opponent about a number of our players. He rates a number of them and obviously thinks results will improve quickly because we are not far off where we need yo be. Working with Kane, Son etc. is a gift for any manager. And I really think N’Dombele and Lo Celso are top class as well and hope he gets the best out of them. If i was a manager I’d think we could challenge anyone with just two or three of the right signings.

Last edited:
I’m all in, that goes without saying as I think we all support this club. I don’t like the question posed, as ‘accept or not’ seems too stark a question. Do I accept José as the new manager? Of course, he is. Am I sure I like the change? At this point I cannot say I do. His track record shows he wins trophies, and then it goes sideways in a few years. I hope this does not happen. I still believe this was an issue of players wanting away for their careers, and I don’t fault Poch for that. He has given us a great run, and I have enjoyed it. That said, this is the new reality, and I will continue to support the club. COYS

I’m all in, that goes without saying as I think we all support this club. I don’t like the question posed, as ‘accept or not’ seems too stark a question. Do I accept José as the new manager? Of course, he is. Am I sure I like the change? At this point I cannot say I do. His track record shows he wins trophies, and then it goes sideways in a few years. I hope this does not happen. I still believe this was an issue of players wanting away for their careers, and I don’t fault Poch for that. He has given us a great run, and I have enjoyed it. That said, this is the new reality, and I will continue to support the club. COYS
I’m in total agreement with your sentiment.

here’s a quote from me from 2/10 this year...
Would I fuck take Mourinho, Short termism in the extreme. We'd win the league cup and then he'd end up leaving us being more broken than we are now. Jose can fuck right off. I'll tell you how much I don't want him....I'd rather have BFS.

However, he is here. There’s fuck all I can do about it except get behind him. I’d rather he succeed than fail. No point in being pissy about something you can’t control.

Farewell Poch (😢), welcome Jose. Good luck to both of you.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Back
Top Bottom