Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely every Spurs fan is on the Mourinho train now ? No doubt about it he has his mojo back. We have the old Jose Mourinho and he’s managing our club Tottenham. I said it on talksport when Poch got the sack, get in a serial winner like Mourinho. We needed it and finally we are going in a direction where surely trophies are inevitable? I’m not saying we will win the league, but Jose Mourinho delivers, it’s as simple as that.

Good to see some doubters have started believing in Mourinho, only one request, don't start slating him when we will lose a match or two...
I was heavily against his appointment judging on how things soured for him so badly at his three previous jobs.

I also laid out certain parameters time and again; pre lockdown was awful, it was tremendously sketchy after the restart, but it’s been much improved this season (except Everton and Antwerp).

Personally, I don’t put much stock in game by game results. If the squad is settled and the players are well Drilled, then the results shall follow - The primary job of any coach is to get their individuals together cohesively.

He seems happier, more adaptable, more willing to change his mind over certain things.

It also helps that Levy/ENIC have pushed out the boat more for him than they had done for any of his predecessors

Surely every Spurs fan is on the Mourinho train now ? No doubt about it he has his mojo back. We have the old Jose Mourinho and he’s managing our club Tottenham. I said it on talksport when Poch got the sack, get in a serial winner like Mourinho. We needed it and finally we are going in a direction where surely trophies are inevitable? I’m not saying we will win the league, but Jose Mourinho delivers, it’s as simple as that.
Sadly there are still some that are not behind him, they don’t want to see us sit back against sides like city even if it gets us the win.

What do Inter fans think of Mourinho? Just out of interest...
Opinions vary. From a legend to a demigod. Bringing the third CL trophy after 45 years of waiting to a club has that effect.

Everyone wanted him to stay instead to go to Real Madrid, but he couldn't say no for a third time to them. Can't blame him honestly. He wanted a new challenge, and challenge brought him to Inter in the first place.

Adrian????
Is that you??

Not everyone looks at results alone though Mrs P, the performances are also something to be taken into account IMO.
As I said in another thread, performances will come. Jose had to start nearly from scratch, and is working on making us unbeatable and intelligent you-know-the-word. You may not like him, that's your prerogative, but you have to respect him, he has done really well to turn us around. I loved Poch and am truly grateful for what he has done for us. But even his most ardent supporters have to recognise that he had lost the way after the CL Final, and Jose was the best person to take us forward. I'm not convinced that he will stay with us for more than a couple of seasons, but if he makes us winners during his tenure, then I will enjoy the glory that will bring, while it lasts.

What is it about human nature that so many can't admit when they're wrong? Always fascinated me. When it comes to Spurs I'll take being proven way off all day long if it means the team is doing better.

I've flip-flopped over Jose and was sick of him after B'mouth 0-0. However, firmly behind him now.
That's the spirit :mourthumb:

Where are all the people that didn't want him here?
I will be amazed if we don't win something this season

Look at this thread earlier when Jose had just arrived and the disgusting abuse he received when most of us were saying just give him a chance to get some of his own players and systems in and to work with what he already had

Dinosaur was the crap we got

Now look !!

How do you know that?
Assuming we are talking about this forum and its members I've not seen a single post lately that backs that up ( I have a small number on ignore so maybe I've missed quotes from this quarter).

I'm not a fan of his, I've made my take very clear so no need to go over old ground but I've not come out with those kinds of takes, in fact, quite the opposite I gave him a complete pass on how we played whilst we were qualifying for EL proper (I thought the results during this phase was impressive).

Back
Top Bottom