Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be quite ironic if Mason waltzes in and within a week does something Poch couldn't do in 4 and a half years with a vastly stronger squad

oh I agree

Not trying to say anything other than that

to be fair , not sure what my point was

:mourfacepalm:
That life isn't fair, shit happens, and that knockout cup competitions are largely driven by the road you took to get there rather than the quality of the squad or manager?

I'm with ya.

But...and this has always troubled me (since Christmas, tbf)...how come Jose’s tactics turned shit? Surely even a barely competent coach / manager could have got consistently half-decent performances from this team? Put in a consistent back 4 - rotate out for injury if necessary; one DM; two of Tanguy / Dele / GLC / Winks / Sissoko and then best three of all the attacking players on the day. I don’t get it.

:vertna:
And I don’t think I ever will.

Odd. Odd. Odd.

It's not a binary argument. You can be a good, respected leader and have good people skills that motivate your workers and encourage them to do their best and even exceed their possibly meagre talents which is what you would expect from a decent football leader...

I'm NOT saying everyone has to get on but there shouldn't be a hatred or a laissez faire in either direction. Good leaders are respected and respectful and this gets the best out of everyone as individuals and the whole.

Jose was not a good leader.
Poch was.
However even good leaders can end up being ignored.
I think you mean Jose was no longer a good leader. He used to be good at getting results in the short term while spending lots of money.

I think you mean Jose was no longer a good leader. He used to be good at getting results in the short term while spending lots of money.
No. I meant exactly what I said in the context of the whole conversation.
He's not a good leader as he rules through fear rather than nurture and encouragement....it's ultimately doomed.

Absolute disgrace. Whoever agrees with the sacking is a fucking moron.

Jose should have been in the final. Then sack him, win or lose.

Not making it to top 4 is moot point.
Marine Life Reaction GIF by pikaole

Back
Top Bottom