Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't get a ton of game time over his spell, but from limited time seeing him IMO he lacked the physicality to make it as a CB in the PL. Also tended to take chances in possession at times. Hopefully it works out for him and La Liga should suit him much better.

He’s young and could definitely improve, but being tidy on the ball while making a couple catastrophic defensive mistakes a game was never going to fly here.

If he played for Woolwich and gave away 2 penalties on his debut and got sent off seconds after coming on, when they were already down to 10, we'd all mock the fucking shit out of him and hope he never left them.

I'll always remember him absolutely bossing Hazard and Chelsea when we beat them 3-1 in the league.

Good luck at Villarreal Juan - got great talent, hopefully you can fulfil your potential and become one of the best centre backs we thought you could be.

No doubt there is a quality player in him, some of his defensive work against the very best in the EPL was first class, but then there were all the 'disaster' moments as well. Very few 19 year olds are going to walk into a top EPL side, in three years he only managed 16 appearances he simply needs more game time. Wish him well and who knows we may see him again.

extended contract to 2023 and loan. odd move if the loan is with a selling option in mind

I get this.

The club are clearly not sure so best to see if a run of games and confidence are the answer, and at a good club in Villareal.

Far better to allow him to try that elsewhere. If he does well his price goes up or we being him back.

Alderweireld has one more season, Dier is still hit and miss and the sane can be said of Sanchez. We need a ball playing centre back so this will hopefully enable him to find the balance between defending and carriage of the ball.

No risk policy as the 2 years is too long to sit out a contract with a World Cup only 2 years away.........hopefully!!

Last edited:
Didn't get a ton of game time over his spell, but from limited time seeing him IMO he lacked the physicality to make it as a CB in the PL. Also tended to take chances in possession at times. Hopefully it works out for him and La Liga should suit him much better.

He needs games doesn’t he? There was no way he was going to get better and stop doing those things playing here and there. His agent should of been trying harder to get him out the club last summer.

I just hope he gets games for them at centre back and not right back as I think that’s his position.

Back
Top Bottom