Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the bulking up part is key. Who at the top level (in any position) is built like him? Stack on some timber, add a good dose of discipline to his positional game, retain the ball playing skills and he could be a Ferdinand type CB, I think.
He's been a professional for most of his life, he either can't put weight on or doesn't think he needs to. Both of which won't really do tbh.

Massive LOL@comparing him to Rio Ferdinand though, if he was even half as good as Rio, he wouldn't be getting fucked off to Spain.

He's been a professional for most of his life, he either can't put weight on or doesn't think he needs to. Both of which won't really do tbh.

Massive LOL@comparing him to Rio Ferdinand though, if he was even half as good as Rio, he wouldn't be getting fucked off to Spain.
If. If he stacks on some timber. If he gets better positional sense. If he retains his ball playing skills. If.

If he does those things he’ll be a different player, and yes he’d be in that Ferdinand mould. The reason I say this is because Ferdinand was a big strong CB who had great positional sense with great ball playing skills.

Not that massive a lol but knock yourself out pal

He bullied Michael Antonio in a cup game once - probably thought from that moment that bulking up probably wasn't the issue.

If. If he stacks on some timber. If he gets better positional sense. If he retains his ball playing skills. If.

If he does those things he’ll be a different player, and yes he’d be in that Ferdinand mould. The reason I say this is because Ferdinand was a big strong CB who had great positional sense with great ball playing skills.

Not that massive a lol but knock yourself out pal
IF he puts on weight he clearly hasn't been able to despite having one of the best gyms in Europe at his disposal?

If he puts more muscle on, he's on the roids tbh. Rio Ferdinand. Lol.

If he does well then they just exercise their option to buy for 15m euro. If he doesn't do well we'll never flog him off without taking a major loss and we have another year of contractual obligation.

I think Foyth may have demanded it as a condition to going.
Thanks for that because I couldn’t make sense of it

Classy.

Good luck Juan

Yup. Foyth is a class act.

He was often visible in & around the squad in the Amazon series, in team talks, in training, and usually had a smile on his face, as if he's a positive character to have around.

Mourinho's great reluctance to select Foyth, even for pre-season matches where CCV got far more game time, means he's surely made the right decision to leave on loan. Villarreal should be great for him.

Yup. Foyth is a class act.

He was often visible in & around the squad in the Amazon series, in team talks, in training, and usually had a smile on his face, as if he's a positive character to have around.

Mourinho's great reluctance to select Foyth, even for pre-season matches where CCV got far more game time, means he's surely made the right decision to leave on loan. Villarreal should be great for him.

Sounds from that message he doesn't expect to be coming back. A shame as there's alot of talent there

Hope he does well. Emery finally gets his man (also wanted him at PSG)

Poch pity Argie signing - he’s doneski here

Hopefully has a decent season so we can grab at least 15m for him next season

Still see a player we can use. Hopefully consistent game time can iron out his mistakes.

Still young.
He’s a baller. As you say, game time is absolutely crucial to his development and he does need to fill out his frame a bit.
I still have high hopes for him as a player. Just hope he finds a way back to Spurs after his loan. He seems a very likeable lad.

Well yeah, that was the obvious reaction from everyone with a brain when the contract extension was announced alongside the loan. We've moved on now though. We're talking about the wording of Foyth's social media post, where he sounds very much like he thinks he's unlikely to come back.
Looking at the players sent on loan during Mourinho's stints at Chelsea that never returned but carved out successful careers, I think it will be hard for any of the players we are sending on loan to come back and get into the team in the way Ndombele has achieved this season.
Part of the problem is he will be remembered as he was last season and it is difficult to shift that impression in the same way a father still sees his little girl although she is grown up.

Back
Top Bottom