Judas....Legend ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Judas ever be considered or included in a "best ever" team

• Yes a legend

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Never a legend

Votes: 124 70.9%
  • Yes, include in a "best team" of all time

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Yes include in a "best team of the 90s

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Never include in a best ever team

Votes: 114 65.1%

• Total voters
This story needs to be elaborated.

Cut and paste from another thread where I might have mentioned it...

The Bunty thing was a woman I pulled in the Light Bar a month or so after Campbell dropped the bombshell. She'd binned off her mate and we were making plans to go back to her place when she said "I know it's a strange thing for a woman to ask... but what team do you support?". I said Spurs and she said "Ah, I'm Woolwich but I guess we can find common ground... what do you think of Sol Campbell?".

I think it might have been the bit about kneecapping that blew my chances in the end. Fucking Sol Campbell.

This sums it up for me

Was talking to my old man the other day regarding the Orient position after what tragically happened to Justin.

Jokingly I said maybe RSol would be offered it, now my dad who is a ST holder at the Orient, bleeds the Orient (loves Spurs as well) told me he would never go to another game if he was put in charge.

That’s from a UEFA b licence holder , a proper football coach who watches the game sensibly.

Thought after the unfortunate untimely death of Justin Edinburgh someone posted that we leave this alone regarding Campbell! He did what he did it’s history we don’t have/need to waste energy on him. We are better than that and we’ve better things to concern ourselves with far better.
That was me... and it was more about the "having a Party" song, and "Hanging from a tree" song...

Despite what he did, and how he did it... I'd rather HE look the Cunt, than we do for continuously singing about partying when he dies!
Thass all... still hate the Cunt... I just don't particularly wanna hear his name sung in ANY context on a matchday!

Hate eats you up. He’s a cunt, but he doesn’t affect me any longer. He’s got to live with what he did for the rest of his life - I don’t.
Yep same here. What is key for me is that I LOVE to hate him, it gives me pleasure, it's fun, enjoyment. There is a huge difference when the hate consumes you when you think about it when you don't want to. With Campbel, I forget the cunt exists, it's only when this thread pops up from time to time, or a song is sung about him or if he acts a twat somewhere when I'm reminded that he is still alive.

He puts a smile on my face now because I love the fact we will have a pop at him for the rest of his days. Whenever there is an article about him in the press or an interview on the telly him being a cunt is always spoken about. He can't be mentioned without his cunt actions being tagged in the article. We have done that and to make it even better he has spoken about it because it does get to him!! Lol!!

He joined the Goons for cash ... don't forget after his walk-out against West Ham he ended up leaving them on a free as well .... self serving cunt of the highest order the absolute antithesis of a Legend

He joined the Goons for cash ... don't forget after his walk-out against West Ham he ended up leaving them on a free as well .... self serving cunt of the highest order the absolute antithesis of a Legend
His transfers:

Spurs to Woolwich
Woolwich to Portsmouth
Portsmouth to Notts County
Notts County to released
Free agent to Woolwich
Woolwich to Newcastle

Total transfer fees paid £0

Cunt.

Sol Campbell ruined my childhood. He might as well have molested me. That’s how deep my hatred for him is.

Funny how he’s spent his retirement attempting to justify what he did, especially since Tottenham Hotspur have gotten better and Woolwich have gotten worse.

He knows what he did was wrong. It doesn’t sit well with him.

What’s lost in all of this is that performance wise we actually didn’t get any worse; we were fortunate that Ledley King was ready to fill the void left.

I'm just sorry that I sank to his level and gave a disagree to his post, as I rarely do, everyone to their own 'n all that.
My excuse is I've had about two hours sleep in the last 36 hours and dead on my feet.
All I know is that not one Spurs supporter of my acquaintance thinks anything other than that he is a toerag for what he did to us.
Don't worry about it.
He has his opinion, as you say each to is own.
My only problem is that he doesn't have the bollocks, balls, stones, courage to stand up for his view through debate, respectful or otherwise.

Sorry about the language.

Fucking loathe Campbell, nothing he ever did on the pitch for us makes up for his behaviour toward the club and fans at the end, as such, he will never be considered by me as a great player for us, much less a legend.

I don't waste my time hating on him on a daily/weekly/yearly basis, I don't care to sing songs about him, he is inconsequential to me and my love for Spurs. That said, I do revel in any publicised failure of his, I mock his nonsensical ramblings, I will vent if a thread like this appears, and I will go out of my way to make some jelly and ice-cream when the day comes.
In a nutshell, I salute you, young man.

Good post fella; certainly makes more sense that the absolute bollocks others have posted on this thread. You’re right, the era of @reanal superiority and his going there was key; saying that though, I’d have been just as pissed off if he had gone to the Manchester lot.

It all goes back to the hate with a capital [H] or a juvenile [h] as is those that pay too much attention to the @rsenal; I live in Highbury and fuck @rsenal are the first words out of my mouth every time they are mentioned here.
So... a 'yiddo' who used to live in Sth London but now lives in Highbury?

Trololololololololololol..

I feel that if we talk about him and continue hating him, he becomes relevant as some legendary figure who crossed the divide and won the league.

Personally dont give a shit. Havent got time to hate him.

I have and I will hate the cunt until he or I die

He totally underestimated the reaction he was gonna get and more than that, didn't appreciate the fact that this was gonna follow him around forever. Chose the short term, successful option but wasn't smart enough to think long term. He was a good defender but not a great footballer, wasn't comfortable with the ball at his feet. Objectively, he was right to leave as we were pony at the time, and he should've gone to United or abroad.

All that being said, I was disappointed we were singing the party song in the stadium Sunday - it was over 20 years ago, our current team were playing for a spot in the top 4 and we were singing about Campbell instead of supporting the team on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom