Kane or enic/levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you prefer Kane or enic/levy?

• Total voters
In the context of this thread I don't think it has anything to do with it.
The two options on the poll are 'enic comes first' and 'kane comes first'. Its a flawed poll because many people's answer will be 'thfc comes first' but that's not an option.
Being levy/enic in or out doesn't necessarily effect how people feel over who comes first so it adds little to this particular thread.
Thats because that is so vague. 2 people who vote the club first could think the total opposite about what is putting the club first. Just like me & you think enic out is best for the club. Where as Steve, outsider, airfing think keeping enic is best for the club, therefore putting the club first in the opposite way to us.
Person 1 thinks enic are putting the club 2nd & destroying the club. & would rather 5m go on improving the team.
Person 2 thinks enic are putting the club first & are good for us. & would rather 5m go on increasing levy’s personal wealth.
Yet both vote club first.

Last edited:
Good lad! That’s fair enough if you don’t think it has any bearing. I think it’s the whole reason for him leaving… wanting medals. You don’t get them under our owners & levy. So he knows he needs to leave for them. With good owners who bring success I think he would have wanted to stay here.
How many lads you know called Mandy?

Oh stop with the "lack of ambition" BS.

We were good enough to win a PL title, a Champions League final, FA cup etc.

Kane has played with some of the best players in the world at Spurs. He's lucky to have been part of a great young contending squad for years. Kane knew he was lucky as well otherwise he would have been the first one out the door. His true colors have been revealed as a selfish cunt.

The club has, and will always be bigger than the player.
What do you think is a fair realistic target for this season?

In the same way they is no acceptable bid for Kane there is no acceptable bid to buy the club. What do some expect ENIC to do give it away?
How much do you think is an acceptable bid for Kane? Me thinks you won’t give an amount. I know your game sonshine :sonpoint:

Certainly more than Grealish. Like many others 150m cash min is what he is worth to us. Only Non Spurs supporters would want him gone for less. Your hatred for Levy is overriding your seeing what is best for the club and supporters.
So if we accept 140m, you will be disappointed with levy for accepting a sum you think is unacceptable?

not much better/worse than last season. that being said, a lot of what happens will depend on what happens to kane and how we build/rebuild.
See. About 5th-7th. That to me is a lack of ambition in the club. I think we can strive for higher & Kane is right to leave due to our lack of ambition.
You think this season will be roughly same as last. To me that is a lack of ambition. To you it isn’t. Just different opinions. No biggie.

So if we accept 140m, you will be disappointed with levy for accepting a sum you think is unacceptable?
I would be disappointed that Kane has made the atmosphere in the squad so toxic that Levy would have to let him go for a reduced fee. We do not know what the atmosphere in the squad is and if it is good then I expect Levy to refuse such a bid. I would be unhappy with Levy if he sold Kane to balance the books including covering the Romero fee.

I would be disappointed that Kane has made the atmosphere in the squad so toxic that Levy would have to let him go for a reduced fee. We do not know what the atmosphere in the squad is and if it is good then I expect Levy to refuse such a bid. I would be unhappy with Levy if he sold Kane to balance the books including covering the Romero fee.
Fair enough. I feel it’s already a very toxic club due to levy. Both entitled to our opinions. No wonder conte stayed away.
You feel I am biased against levy. I feel you are biased towards him.
Less than 150m is unacceptable, but if levy accepts less than it will be all Kane’s fault & not levy’s. Again, levy gets a free pass.

"Lack of ambition" is taking the easy way out to join a cast of superstars to buy himself a trophy. Eric Dier could go to Man City tomorrow and win trophies. It doesn't mean much.
It doesn’t mean much to not win stuff at Spurs either. I get your point. But it’s unfair to expect any player to make us title winners. We are miles away as you admit yourself. You agree we are a top 6 team so he would be just treading the water. It’s a nice idea you have but in reality usually the best players join the best teams for obvious reasons.

Also you think same as last season isn’t a lack of ambition. So we just see it so differently.

What do you think is a fair realistic target for this season?

Sixth rated club in the EPL right now - so 6th is the fair realistic target - isn't it?

However if you want to talk aspirational then top four becomes the target ....

What's your fair realistic target for the season?

Kane is worth 150m (or more) ... so a bid must represent that value in cash or players

Back
Top Bottom