Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One which said that if he (Wimmer) was at any other PL club he'd be one of the best CBs in the League but Poch' didn't want to upset the partnership between Vertonghen and Alderweireld.

Nice, to be fair he's looked solid as fuck when playing so hope it's true.

The good thing I guess is it was Jan that got injured and not Toby. Out of the two I want to say Wimmer has played his games with Toby and not Jan so he has some familiarity with playing style in games.

I wonder if it's a chicken dinner...
Honestly+at+first+i+would+agree+with+anything+you+said+_a9e1b0faeca126ef61d3d517631ef7e6.jpg

Trippier and Davies took a couple of games to get going and where carried but have both since been very much up to scratch when called upon, I imagine the same will take place with Wimmer.

He isn't flimsy, he's got 6kg on Vertonghen and I doubt he's as slow as Fazio. As long as he can get the ball to Alderwierled for those diagonals for Kane and Alli then we should be fine.
I think he's shown that he's more than capable of hitting his own 'diags.' Moreso than Michael Dawson at the very least.

Thought he was solid today. Calm on the ball, brilliant in the air and so strong. That's three games he's played for us, two starts and yet to concede a goal when he's been on the pitch. Looking like a solid replacement for Vertonghen at the moment.

Big game for him against Man City next weekend.

Jan who...? :vertna:

It's fantastic that we have three Centre Backs who fit in so seamlessly with the system Poch wants (yes Fazio, i'm looking at you!)

Dominant display. Next week is his first test against a top quality striker. Ighalo has been off the boil for awhile, but he dealt with him well nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom