Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only oh dear is you my friend. Still wanking over one of the worst players to wear a Spurs shirt in the past 5yrs.

I've not seen KWP getting dry-humped with the oppo's every attack this season, remember that happening almost every week when Frodo was playing.

KWP is not the finished article but has already given us more balance to how we play with him on the pitch than when Frodo played.
KWP was so bad last year Poch refused to play him even when Trippier was giving away literal own goals everyother game.

I don't think he magically went from thinking he's a barely acceptable 3rd choice to favorite right back in a summer - he is playing him because he's all we got.

Anyone who says we are fine at right back is just being dishonest.

This is a strange one. Guido ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Guido ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ is one of my favourite posters here, yet he turns into the Hood where Tripps is concerned.

He's gone now, let it go mate. :dierpochhug:
I have let it go. I got my wish, I was delighted we sold him.

But it appears others just can't stop posting about Tripps, why? What's the point?

I thought Walker was a terrific RB, but when we sold him to City I wasn't posting stuff about him, constantly, I unfollowed him off social media.

My issue is now mainly people saying we have a massive RB problem when we have a better player in KWP. It took many posters on here until last year to see just how shit Tripps was but now we've sold him same posters who slated Tripps last year are raging about our RB position as a massive concern.

We've addressed one part of the puzzle by getting rid of it. Check.

Our solution is KWP (and we have Aurier, Foyth, Dier, Toby all as identified RB cover, even Sissoko mutted as a possibility in some quarters). We have one of our own players now given the opportunity to shine and take the spot, fantastic. He's been with the first-team training with them for a full 2yrs now, this should mean he's fully integrated into the side, knows his role and hopefully has the fitness to run up and down the line in what is arguably the most physically demanding role on the pitch. But most importantly he's not intimidated by playing with some of the best players in the PL, that he feels confident and deserving of his place in the team.

He's got a lot of development to go, he's not the finished product but today his starting point is at a higher level than Tripps. Even those that disagree with that assessment can't say that he's worse than Tripps as there simply isn't any evidence to support that in the handful of games he played last year and so far this season. He can only get better and improve with every game.

Dier has put on about 4 stone since he last signed right back for us.
He really hasn't........
1160777038.jpg.0.jpg

Again, I'm making no case for him to play there, just that he can and has and is our most played RB in the squad.

aurier is still here so needs to play. He might be a tool but he's done ok and has never had a real run of games.
Poch is meant to be the fullback whisperer so whys he not working his magic - the only reason must be that aurier is a twat in training.

KWP was so bad last year Poch refused to play him even when Trippier was giving away literal own goals everyother game.

I don't think he magically went from thinking he's a barely acceptable 3rd choice to favorite right back in a summer - he is playing him because he's all we got.

Anyone who says we are fine at right back is just being dishonest.
Not that I agreed with the award but KWP was handed MOTM awards for both his PL games and after a shaky start against Barca, went on to put in a highly accomplished performance.

I don't know why he didn't get many minutes last year, that question is for Poch. BUT for me I can see a trend developing with Poch and that is if you are loaned out then you are toast and then you will be sold.

If he rates you then you will be kept in the first-team squad, train every day with them, travel as part of the team to every game home and away. Learn your role, assimilate what it's like to play for Spurs, learn from some of the best players in Europe. Winks, Skipp and KWP are living examples.

These players are being groomed into players destined to play a part in a team that plays at the top of the league. It takes time to turn them into academy players to nailing down a first-team place, they need to develop every aspect of the game. Based only on what I saw from KWP, he faded physically in the games before this year, maybe there is something to this and that he didn't get minutes because he wasn't physically ready? But having seen him play numerous times through the ranks in our academy he can play, he has the ability. For me, that has never been the issue in his lack of mins last year.

In my consistent opinion he was.

Not that I see this as a viable argument but seeing as you throw it out there, it might have escaped your attention that one of the best managers in world football sold him!! That manager happens to also be shortlisted as FIFA's top three in the Wolrd this year, his name, Mauricio Pochettino, whilst Simeone hasn't been listed.

Atleti this season have played the 3 clubs all backed to get relegated this year:
Legans - bottom of the league lost every game
Eibar - 3rd from bottom no one a game
Getafe - 4th bottom, The west ham of Spanish football. No wins yet
Are you seriously telling me that Atliti weren't favourites to win those games against that opposition in a three-team league?
One of the best managers in the world sold him don't make me laugh. One of the good managers of world to be classed as the best you win stuff something our manager has not done yet
And he sold him to a better manager a man who does win stuff
And as for beaten teams they should yes simeone does do that quite often do you want me to list all the teams we haven't beaten this year that we should of?
I seem to remember newcastle being one of the favourites to go down

Not being funny mate, if he was as shit as you say, why didn't KWP, Aurier and Foyth take his position last season? Why is he doing so well at AM this season? Is Poch to blame for continuing to play him last season despite how shit he was then?

Dont expect an answer there, I tried for a year with that one.

Apparently he trusts Poch judgmemnet regardless of his opinion on Trippier, Figure that one out

One of the best managers in the world sold him don't make me laugh. One of the good managers of world to be classed as the best you win stuff something our manager has not done yet
And he sold him to a better manager a man who does win stuff
And as for beaten teams they should yes simeone does do that quite often do you want me to list all the teams we haven't beaten this year that we should of?
I seem to remember newcastle being one of the favourites to go down
He's an excellent manager but his trophies have come from managing one of the three teams in the league that have any chance of winning anything, it's a 3 club league. That said to beat the mighty dominant Real and Barca is still doing a good job, but he has won the league only once and that was 6yrs ago. I honestly don't by into this trophy count shit, Bielsa is widely tipped as one of the best managers in World football and he was one fuck all, his only noted triumph came with Newall's Old Boys almost 30yrs ago! But sure go ahead and claim he's just good.

Dont expect an answer there, I tried for a year with that one.

Apparently he trusts Poch judgmemnet regardless of his opinion on Trippier, Figure that one out
I've given a reply to that if you bothered reading it you will have the answer. I've also stated my opinion on this numerous times, at least twice this morning. So why write what you do? Feel free to disagree but please don't make up shit, don't have you down as one of those.

He's an excellent manager but his trophies have come from managing one of the three teams in the league that have any chance of winning anything, it's a 3 club league. That said to beat the mighty dominant Real and Barca is still doing a good job, but he has won the league only once and that was 6yrs ago. I honestly don't by into this trophy count shit, Bielsa is widely tipped as one of the best managers in World football and he was one fuck all, his only noted triumph came with Newall's Old Boys almost 30yrs ago! But sure go ahead and claim he's just good.

Who won the copa del rey last season?
Sevilla won nothing in their history
Lets just dismiss valencia and sevilla as clubs that have never won anything

He has also won European trophies or are they also dismissed

I've given a reply to that if you bothered reading it you will have the answer. I've also stated my opinion on this numerous times, at least twice this morning. So why write what you do? Feel free to disagree but please don't make up shit, don't have you down as one of those.

Im just going on what youve told me in the past

I did watch the game as it goes, thanks for asking. Where the fuck did I say Sanchez was a success at RB? What are you talking about?

"We are stronger without him, even with Sanchez playing at RB "

Here. What the hell else should anyone read out from here?!?
It is either
a) he played well at RB (hence was a success)
b) he played better than Trippier there (so that this would make the team stronger than with Trippier)

Both of those options are absurd.

Who won the copa del rey last season?
Sevilla won nothing in their history
Lets just dismiss valencia and sevilla as clubs that have never won anything

He has also won European trophies or are they also dismissed
It's a three-horse league mate, if you think otherwise then there really isn't much else to be said
DzRW1VAXcAAlIR8

Whilst winning the UEFA Cup is great (I wouldn't mind us winning that), that was only achived once they were knocked out of CL. It's hard to process that, his side are eliminated from the competion we got to the final in, but win the booby prize??? They were knocked out of CL last year too in round of 16.

The super cup is the equivalent to the Charrity Shield or whatever it's called now.

He's a great manager but there's a strong argument that he's underperformed given the resources and financial dominace Atleti has over and above all the clubs below them. Poch hasn't enjoyed any such finacial advantage over any of the PL sides (until the last set of accounts reported).

It's a three-horse league mate, if you think otherwise then there really isn't much else to be said
DzRW1VAXcAAlIR8

Whilst winning the UEFA Cup is great (I wouldn't mind us winning that), that was only achived once they were knocked out of CL. It's hard to process that, his side are eliminated from the competion we got to the final in, but win the booby prize??? They were knocked out of CL last year too in round of 16.

The super cup is the equivalent to the Charrity Shield or whatever it's called now.

He's a great manager but there's a strong argument that he's underperformed given the resources and financial dominace Atleti has over and above all the clubs below them. Poch hasn't enjoyed any such finacial advantage over any of the PL sides (until the last set of accounts reported).
What an absolute load of rubbish i will bow out here after that

"We are stronger without him, even with Sanchez playing at RB "

Here. What the hell else should anyone read out from here?!?
It is either
a) he played well at RB (hence was a success)
b) he played better than Trippier there (so that this would make the team stronger than with Trippier)

Both of those options are absurd.
We are a better team without him because he's shit. That's why we've sold him.

Sanchez didn't play well at RB against Woolwich.

But that doesn't change the fact we have sold our worse and calamity prone player. I don't judge or make views on this through the microcosm of one game. Sanchez isn't our RB, our RB's (all of them allocated or capable of playing there weren't available for that game).

Back
Top Bottom