Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the Marcelo you said was going to shit on Trippier?
that was standard marcelo last night, inconsistent and weak willed. Hes a fat little cunt.
Marcelo has been in terrible for all season - perhaps those tax allegations at taking its toll

:townhmm:

Trippier doesnt possess the natural athletic we love from Walker. Thats why he cant get past people (except that one time in Madrid against two, what demon possess him?). That is why sometimes he is ineffectual when we cant get the game going.
But heeelll his crossing is panty dropping. I cant remember a player that good with his delivery. Not a spurs one for sure.
All in all he is making statement in CL. He should be our first choice until further events.

Oh one more thing, his corner delivery is not that good. God we need Lamela. When was the last time we score from a corner??

Was he going to play against Brazil? It would be very interesting to see how he fare against the likes of Neymar. Doesnt matter if he loses terribly, its a warmup for when we met him later on CL.

Trippier has revealed that he has become more physical under Pochettino.
He also says that Poch puts a lot of focus on gym work. Does little Eric get a pass?

He should NEVER play against a top team who's key attributes are pace and creativity.

The fact he played like a wing back in a formation that doesn't require one was either a huge fuck up on his part of he was instructed to do so. Considering Rose wasn't playing the same role, I refuse to believe he was instructed to do so.

At fault for two of the goals.His ability to find a Man City player from a throw-in and his slow reactions in getting back cost us the second goal. Sliced apart for the third goal.

He should NEVER play against a top team who's key attributes are pace and creativity.

The fact he played like a wing back in a formation that doesn't require one was either a huge fuck up on his part of he was instructed to do so. Considering Rose wasn't playing the same role, I refuse to believe he was instructed to do so.

I'm not so sure.... I thought Rose progressively started to stay back more as he started to tire and Poch simply didn't see the signs.

I'd have taken them both off by 60mins... Both for freshness and to flip the script on City a little bit in term of attributes on the respective sides.

(Then again I'm no EPL manager earning the big bucks...)

We have a right back that is proven against elite players. We need to start playing him consecutively.

Yep wanna see Serge given a proper chance to bed in...

We've seen he can assist and contribute offensively, so I think KTs crossing ability is a bit overplayed in this context.

I still say he's a great squad player. Unquestionable commitment and decent back up. But he'd rarely get off the bench for any other top 6 team

He’s a Championship level player, allways has been, at a push he will do a job for a team around 15th but at a push. He can’t defend, he can’t attack, can’t tackle and those fucking crosses are a myth, unless you are wanking over the ONE assist he has made this season from a cross, that’s 79 crosses and only ONE assist!!!! Wow!

Get rid, Poch has managed to get him an England cap which should see his value increase massively, he has to be worth £20m in todays crazy market, but with performances like today millions will get cut off that value. He only cost us £3.5m sell, make some money and get both Steven Sessegnon and Ryan Sessegnon ( Steven is highly versatile player LB, CB, RB).

I’d also promote Walker-Peters, i’d Bet we will see more highs than lows with him, anything than have to sit through Frodo again.

Very useful player in a 3-5-2 but a liability in a 4-4-2 - especially against pace. Aurier should have played today and Trippier against Brighton.

Poch hung him out to dry I feel. He litterally douched his arse, squirted KY in it and said to Sane: "Here you go! He's all yours and you can even shoot your load in him!" He might never recover from the raping he took.

Back
Top Bottom