Kim Min-Jae

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What pisses me off most is the idea that all expensive players are going to fit in and play well. Look at the Premiership and all the "wonders" that were going to boost their new clubs.
Ask Spam, AV, Newcastle, Everton if their new players have done this .
Our experience? Soldado, Ndombele, Janssen, etc
Time to find some Mahrez for 400,000 ! As well as the expensive ones.
This guy comes with great references so......

Do you think we would spend £15m on a punt.
He is young enough to work into the team
Like njie or nkodou.
I get we should be highly rated young talent but that works best when you also have quality experienced teammates or other arrivals. I don't see that happening.
I also acknowledge that buying big is not a guarantee of anything but potentially pinning our defensive hopes on a guy that's doing the business in the Chinese league is a bit of a punt.

I understand that, but we keep taking shortcuts which often add up to the same in the end.
Ultimately much will depend on who we can offload. That has held us back in previous years.
Yes but what we forget when we crave a £65m centre half that football is a team game not 11 expensive individuals. I would rather keep to a reasonable pay scheme and build a team than sign Koudibali, Bale etc on huge salaries. We have a £100m C.F. but he doesn't play when he is injured. A strong squad, boosted by home grown players is where we should be. Hoddle, Perryman, Mabbutt, Kane !

Like njie or nkodou.
I get we should be highly rated young talent but that works best when you also have quality experienced teammates or other arrivals. I don't see that happening.
I also acknowledge that buying big is not a guarantee of anything but potentially pinning our defensive hopes on a guy that's doing the business in the Chinese league is a bit of a punt.
He is not short, French and not built for the Premier League. Oh and another waste of £25m

Yes but what we forget when we crave a £65m centre half that football is a team game not 11 expensive individuals. I would rather keep to a reasonable pay scheme and build a team than sign Koudibali, Bale etc on huge salaries. We have a £100m C.F. but he doesn't play when he is injured. A strong squad, boosted by home grown players is where we should be. Hoddle, Perryman, Mabbutt, Kane !
You're condoning 15mill on a South Korean cb of questionable quality. I'd absolutely support us keeping a core of home grown players but have some real quality peppered throughout. Kane son provides that up front, lo celso and maybe ndombele in midfield - I think our defence is missing that.

Like njie or nkodou.

Like Dele, Bale...... etc.

The N'brothers didn't pan out. Doesn't mean it's a shit approach.

Other punts:

Mahrez: French 2nd Division.
Dele: League 1
Kante: Relegated from Ligue 1 having only just been promoted.
A.Robinson: Relegated to champo
H.McGiuire: Relegated to champo
Trippier: Relegated to champo.
Dier: 4m from Portugal.
Modrich: Came from Zagreb

Both Harry & Poch's CL teams weren't built on established talent.

Meanwhile, Ndombele, Soldado, Lamela etc. was us wearing big-boy pants in the trf market.... Not a great track record.

One may say that £15m is a lot for a player from the Chinese league... Maybe that's actually a testament to how much ability the club believe the lad has got?

Game on!

Kimchi? (a bit like how you'd pronouce 'KMJ')

Note: Had some Kimchi noodles last night and they were extra spicy! Tears, snot, the works. Kind of how I want our opponents to look.

Kimanche? (Fierce brave etc.)

Kim Kong? (Monster)

Eric D and Da'Kim? (fuck knows, could be our future CBs)

Kimmeh! (liberlow! nnngg Kimmeh!)

That's all I've got.

Last edited:
Kimchi? (a bit like how you'd pronouce 'KMJ')

Had some Kimchi noodles last night and they were extra spicy! Tears, snot, the works. Kind of how I want our opponents to look.

screenshot-2020-07-18-at-13-55-14.png

Like Dele, Bale...... etc.

The N'brothers didn't pan out. Doesn't mean it's a shit approach.

Other punts:

Mahrez: French 2nd Division.
Dele: League 1
Kante: Relegated from Ligue 1 having only just been promoted.
A.Robinson: Relegated to champo
H.McGiuire: Relegated to champo
Trippier: Relegated to champo.
Dier: 4m from Portugal.
Modrich: Came from Zagreb

Both Harry & Poch's CL teams weren't built on established talent.

Meanwhile, Ndombele, Soldado, Lamela etc. was us wearing big-boy pants in the trf market.... Not a great track record.

One may say that £15m is a lot for a player from the Chinese league... Maybe that's actually a testament to how much ability the club believe the lad has got?
Modric wasn't a punt, bale neither (he was on his away out of spurs too before he clicked). The rest cost peanuts. I've got nothing against the policy of trying to find a 'diamond' that way but the money involved for this sounds a lot.

You're condoning 15mill on a South Korean cb of questionable quality. I'd absolutely support us keeping a core of home grown players but have some real quality peppered throughout. Kane son provides that up front, lo celso and maybe ndombele in midfield - I think our defence is missing that.
I think we will buy another one yet.
Foyth and Jan out so 2 in !

Modric wasn't a punt, bale neither

Of course they were.

Were they experience players, 'guaranteed' to improve us? ....Nope.

(he was on his away out of spurs too before he clicked)

Bale was arguably the best player in the EPL for 2 seasons in Lilywhite.

You're having a laugh.... Or are you suggesting that RM paid a world record fee hoping that GB would 'come good'.

The rest cost peanuts. I've got nothing against the policy of trying to find a 'diamond' that way but the money involved for this sounds a lot.

Like I've said, maybe that's a testament to the kind of talent we think the player has.....

Honestly..... Too old, too young, too cheap, too expensive, too raw, no ceiling, not scouting widely enough, too obvious, too obscure... We'll never please everyone, so why not just keep an open mind, because whether or not he delivers is all that matters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom