Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The success of a loan depends on playing time. We loaned out Clarke but how much has he played and developed. What do we do with him next season. As I do not think he is any closer to being ready for a first team place. On the other hand Sess stayed at the club and again had little playing time and is still not ready. Neither plan worked and it makes you wonder if it is actually worth getting young players not ready to start.

The success of a loan depends on playing time. We loaned out Clarke but how much has he played and developed. What do we do with him next season. As I do not think he is any closer to being ready for a first team place. On the other hand Sess stayed at the club and again had little playing time and is still not ready. Neither plan worked and it makes you wonder if it is actually worth getting young players not ready to start.
Clarke can easily be slotted into our U23 for a bit of "rehab" if need be. And Sessegnon having a difficult first season is also in my head not an issue. Both are young enough where we have time on our side. No one expected Sessegnon to dethrone Rose/Ben in his first year.

He's been brilliant.

Would like those who want us to drop £20,000,000+ on Aarons to tell me why they think he's any better than Walker-Peters?

He's been excellent tonight, curious has he got much game time since going on loan? Haven't seen a lot of Southampton TBH. I'm sure this performance is being noted by José, or at least it should be.

One poor clearance after a nice in the box tackle, but you didn't hear Sterlings name or Fodens all game. He has had something close to 10 blocks, a handful of tackles and a brilliant cross to Ings.

Yeah, we really need to put faith in youth. There was always a player there. We just decided to waste 4 years of his professional career.

Just imagine if he has already had 80+ games in league football, no matter the level. He is finally getting a run and we will most likely sell him.

He's been brilliant.

Would like those who want us to drop £20,000,000+ on Aarons to tell me why they think he's any better than Walker-Peters?

Plan:

YR 1
Loan KWP back to Saints for another year to continue rehab.
Demote Serge to #2
Buy relatively experienced new #1
YR2
Serge out/KWP in.

?????

Plan:

YR 1
Loan KWP back to Saints for another year to continue rehab.
Demote Serge to #2
Buy relatively experienced new #1
YR2
Serge out/KWP in.

?????

I feel like we'd need to get funds by selling Aurier before we actually sign a right back.

Back
Top Bottom