Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs said:
RVP off is he? Bale staying? Lets vent over a Spurs RB poll :goonermong:
ffmHN.png

LLB Part Deux said:
Carr, before his serious injury issues, was an incredible player.
Yep. I a lot of people forget this, either because they are too young or because they wrote him down as an arsehole for saying he joined the barcodes to win things. He was a great player. Could've played for the top clubs if he'd chosen to IMO.

Plus, I'll never forget this.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXCi9JXCrCA[/youtube]

Agree about Carr- but his comments after he left will always make him less likable in my eyes.

Anyways- what about Stalteri!

Only kidding, but he did score one goal that I remember.

Funny thing about Carr is that YES he was a great RB for us. He left us drawing hate and then became shit. The way it happened annoyed me but there's no question that we saw his good years, not anyone else.

Remember as a kid he was a brilliant right back for us, with Simon Davies on the wing as well and then he fucked off. God knows how many shit right backs we've had since Corluka & Walker came along.

Whilst there is no need for Carr to come out and say what he did, both with regards to campbell and when he left it is worth pointing out we had been pretty pony for a long old time - those few years I remember as being horrible as we weren't ever a threat to the title challengers and, two league cup finals aside weren't bothering the cup competitions much either and all the while those cunts down the road were having some of the greatest times of their history and Newcastle certainly looked a better prospect than we did.

That said, Carr went from being a very good right back to one who was fat and injured and looked like Ken Hom.

YidoBuckler said:
I can't take anyone serious who moves to Newcastle to 'win trophies'.
It's worth pointing out that when Carr moved Shearer was still banging them in and they had been in the Champion's League the year before he moved. At the time things looked quite good for the barcodes and I don't think anyone expected them to turn into the shower of shit that they did for the 5-6 seasons that followed (no thanks to Stevie).

Compiled the stats below ealier - he's been a little underrated this season and largerly swallowed up in our general form of 6.5/10 indifference.

I truly believe we have a great player with immense potential on our hands - long may he be with us

Walker was on average dribbled 0.2 times per game this season (dribbled by 1 player)

Johnson - 1 time / game (dribbled by 5 players)
Rafael - 2 times / game (dribbled by 8 players)
Ivanovic - 0.8 times / game (dribbled by 4 players)

Walker - key passes per game - 1.8 (9 passes)

Johnson - 1.6 (8 passes)
Rafael - 1 (4 passes)
Ivanovic - 0.8 (4 passes)

Walker - assists to date - 1

Johnson - 0
Rafael - 0
Ivanovic - 0

Walker – successful crosses – 4/15 (27%)

Johnson – 4/16 (25%)
Rafael – 2/10 (20%)
Ivanovic – 2/19 (11%)

Walker – average passes per game – 52.8

Johnson – 52.4
Rafael -48.8
Ivanovic - 41.4

Walker – interceptions to date – 11

Johnson – 6
Rafael - 8
Ivanovic – 7

Walker - fouls committed to date – 0

Johnson – 4
Rafael – 4
Ivanovic - 3

Walker – offsides won – 2

Johnson – 1
Rafael – 0
Ivanovic – 1

Walker – clearances made – 23

Johnson – 16
Rafael – 18
Ivanovic -20

So – out of those 4 (4 of the PL’s more 'prominent')

- Walker is dribbled the least times by opponents

- Walker has the highest number of key passes per game

- Walker has the highest cross success rate

- Walker averages the most passes per game (well involved)

- Walker has the most interceptions

- Walker has committed the least fouls – ZERO

- Walker has won the most offsides

- Walker has made the most clearances

- He is also 21 and a full English international

- And is fucking Spurs

The problem with Walker is his concentration defensively, he can be caught napping at times, he's pretty young for a defender so he'll have plenty of time to iron out the kinks in his game, he's our very own wonderboy.

Thelonious said:
The problem with Walker is his concentration defensively, he can be caught napping at times, he's pretty young for a defender so he'll have plenty of time to iron out the kinks in his game, he's our very own wonderboy.

Agree. I find he struggles to defend crosses and marking players more then anything, but he's young and has massive potential to be a great player.

Back
Top Bottom