Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of his poorer performances, as others have stated he hasn't been at his best since coming back from injury and I believe his pace gets him out of a lot of trouble, he either needs someone who can genuinely challenge for his spot at RB to stick a rocket up his arse or a direct replacement. Hopefully a proper pre-season under his belt we will see Kyle back to his best.

One of his poorer performances, as others have stated he hasn't been at his best since coming back from injury and I believe his pace gets him out of a lot of trouble, he either needs someone who can genuinely challenge for his spot at RB to stick a rocket up his arse or a direct replacement. Hopefully a proper pre-season under his belt we will see Kyle back to his best.

Yes like Kyle Naughton, another levy mistake.

Really hope this guy does a Danny Rose and shows us his quality but really needs competition, hope Yedlin is nearly ready.

Really hope this guy does a Danny Rose and shows us his quality but really needs competition, hope Yedlin is nearly ready.
Will be a big pre-season for Yedlin. I feel if he isn't even ready by then (i.e to play in cup competitions) it's going to be very tough for him. We NEED back up for right back, Walker has tended to play when others have been rotated because no one can come in and do the job he does for us, provide width.

The real mistake was letting Corluka go. Charlie was a proper footballer who arguably was slow as hell, but had a brilliant footballing brain and in my opinion was better that Naughton and Walker have been for us, even when Walker had his good period before his recent injuries.

Walker has potential, but it worries me that he doesn't seem to understand how to defend..

The real mistake was letting Corluka go. Charlie was a proper footballer who arguably was slow as hell, but had a brilliant footballing brain and in my opinion was better that Naughton and Walker have been for us, even when Walker had his good period before his recent injuries.

Walker has potential, but it worries me that he doesn't seem to understand how to defend..
Agree 100% on Corluka.

'Arry tried Zokora at RB once up at Villa. Within 30 mins he'd been torn a new one so often (by Ashley Young I think), picked up a yellow and got subbed off for Charlie. Who then had no problems at all.

Also very good at setting up Lennon. Naughton was too.

Walker is a poor RB. Made Young look good at OT.

Agree 100% on Corluka.

'Arry tried Zokora at RB once up at Villa. Within 30 mins he'd been torn a new one so often (by Ashley Young I think), picked up a yellow and got subbed off for Charlie. Who then had no problems at all.

Also very good at setting up Lennon. Naughton was too.

Walker is a poor RB. Made Young look good at OT.
If his defensive intelligence doesn't improve, would he be better suited as a right winger?

The croatians are so last season, we replaced them with Brazilians!!

:paulinhowtf::sandroscream: hang on where did the Gomes smilie go? that ruined my joke!!!!

If his defensive intelligence doesn't improve, would he be better suited as a right winger?
For us I see him no more than an impact sub who can charge up and down the right if we're chasing a game.

Hutton v Wolves c 2010 springs to mind. 0-1 to 3-1 in last 10 mins.

There's no subtlety to his attack play or crossing, though. It's just pace. He's also got a very dodgy temperament, too many free kicks in dangerous places, too many silly yellow cards.

I reckon he'll find his level as a RB no higher than at a mid to low table PL team. There's nothing in his game that suggests he will ever learn how to mark properly, or get any sort of positional awareness.

Naughton was a very tidy RB, who could release his RW with nice passes. Good shot on him too. I really think we've made a mistake, sold the wrong one.

Walker seems to take too many risks out there assuming that his speed can make up for his poor positioning on many occasions. Needs to get back to the basics, focus on the defensive fundamentals of a quality RB and then worry about all the quality he can add on the attack.

Christ, he's had a couple of bad games. Calm down. People acting like we'd be better off with Naughton are absurd.

For us I see him no more than an impact sub who can charge up and down the right if we're chasing a game.

Hutton v Wolves c 2010 springs to mind. 0-1 to 3-1 in last 10 mins.

There's no subtlety to his attack play or crossing, though. It's just pace. He's also got a very dodgy temperament, too many free kicks in dangerous places, too many silly yellow cards.

I reckon he'll find his level as a RB no higher than at a mid to low table PL team. There's nothing in his game that suggests he will ever learn how to mark properly, or get any sort of positional awareness.

Naughton was a very tidy RB, who could release his RW with nice passes. Good shot on him too. I really think we've made a mistake, sold the wrong one.
Are you having a laugh? Fuck off you melt

Yes like Kyle Naughton, another levy mistake.
yes naughton was a good foil for warker, one player more raw and brutish, the other more technical and workmanlike. i also thought he was a good backup for a team of our means. how easy is it to find good character people who are content to play a squad role as naughton seemed?

unfortunately for naughton his unspectacular haircut compared to yedlin appears to have done him in in the end.:paulinhofacepalm:

Ok then, tell me what his good defensive qualities are, and what they were pre injury. And when I last looked this was a discussion forum where it's perfectly ok to disagree without being called a melt.
He's having a couple of bad games, and you're saying we sold the wrong Kyle? You're not disagreeing, you're melting. Walker has without a doubt bettered our game since his return, but he's been poor in the last couple of matches no doubt. He's just come back from a 9 month injury, at least give him a chance? Fucks sake

Christ, he's had a couple of bad games. Calm down. People acting like we'd be better off with Naughton are absurd.

Don't think it's a coincidence that his return to the team momentarily lifted our form. His ability to attack from the right opened up Poch's system a bit more and caught a lot of folks off guard, i think. Unfortunately folks have gotten the hang of it and exposed the fact that the guy hasn't played much football in the past year. He'll be fine, long run. Agree with you -- folks are talking nonsense right now.

Back
Top Bottom