Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I take away from the Van Dyck situation...

• If he's talked about as commanding a £60m fee, anything less than that for Walker would be fucking insulting, and very poor business.

• If Southampton can repell interest from Liverpool, we could from City if the will was there

Even a fee in the region of 60m sounds a bit on the low side.

- Best right back in the Premier League
- A player in his prime
- English International
- Players like Stones (47m) haven't done anything and is still well below the quality of Walker
- City has history of playing way over value
- Levy has history on screwing other teams over

I really don't want Walker to go, as he is a brilliant player. But Spurs, like Southampton under Pochettino is more about the team and their manager than the players. And they can't get Poch.

I think City will eventually drop their Walker interest once they realise Levy isn't budging from his expected figure.
The only way i can see a deal going through is if Poch has had enough of Walker and has a word in Levy's ear about using the funds to streghten other areas.

What I take away from the Van Dyck situation...

• If he's talked about as commanding a £60m fee, anything less than that for Walker would be fucking insulting, and very poor business.

• If Southampton can repell interest from Liverpool, we could from City if the will was there

Agree with the first bit Bill. But if a player wants out it's difficult to just stonewall. I know there are those who argue it betrays a lack of ambition, but even Man U had to let Ronaldo, Tevez and no doubt others go in their prime. I didn't see SAF pleading with them to stay, or clinging to their ankles as they made their way out of Old Trafford.

Even a fee in the region of 60m sounds a bit on the low side.

- Best right back in the Premier League
- A player in his prime
- English International
- Players like Stones (47m) haven't done anything and is still well below the quality of Walker
- City has history of playing way over value
- Levy has history on screwing other teams over

I really don't want Walker to go, as he is a brilliant player. But Spurs, like Southampton under Pochettino is more about the team and their manager than the players. And they can't get Poch.
And to think some Spurs fans thought we should sell for £30m like it's 2001 or something. Championship players will be going for that money soon.

Imagine in a few years the grandkids asking what you lot used to do in those great summers when the world wasn't full of robots....

Oh I sat on the internet and spent an entire summer discussing Kyle Walker's transfer value..... and he didn't even get sold

:pochfacepalm:

They way our fullbacks play they need to be rotated. Walker and Rose cannot be expected to do the job they do for every game we play. It's become obvious they are monitored and are rested when the data says they need to be to atttain peak performance when they do play. I think Pochettino places a lot of trust in sports science. Worked with Dembele.
Also he swaps them for certain games.
Trippier has attributes Walker hasn't, like his passing, crossing and general footballing brain and Walker has attributes Trippier hasn't got, better pace, physical ability, strength and better defensive skills.
Same with Davies and Rose.

We need to make a statement.

We talk about joining the elite, then lets start tapping up City and Real players then for a change

Strictly speaking, you can't tap a player up by offering them less money than they are on now....

"Psst...... fancy a pay cut? Come and join Spurs!"

:levylol:

Ps - I do get that there are attractions above money - Poch, the training facilities, ECL, the stadium. I'm just teasing chap!

:dierpochhug:

I believe it's tricky for a player, they don't always know the big idea and things change. Imagine if he came out and said "city are wankers" only for Poch to then have a word in his ear saying his days are numbered. Their fans and club wouldn't want him, we would lose money and it would be a bad situation. Whilst we don't like it it's probably best for everyone @ Spurs to keep quite (like they do) until things are concluded and the window closed.

We need to make a statement.

We talk about joining the elite, then lets start tapping up City and Real players then for a change
images

I'd like us to sell Kyle Walker just to see the reaction from the footballing world when we replace him with 'a better' Kyle Walker lol.

I mean, he looks to have great control on the ball, quick and plays both flanks! Yeah, why not cash in on Kyle Walker and replace him with Kyle Walker? That's if Pochettino thinks he is ready of course, which by all accounts seems to be the case as he confirmed in May this year when questioned about Onomah, Carter-Vickers and Walker-Peters.

Because KWP hasn't played an inkling of first team football at ANY level.

Its all well and good doing it at youth level but top level football is such a different level. I have no doubt KWP will make it and make a good contribution next season but to suggest replacing Walker, who is one of if not the best right back in the league, with a youngster is silly.

Just let KWP be used as squad depth next season with his versatility and given games in some cups. He will progress nicely.

Because KWP hasn't played an inkling of first team football at ANY level.

Its all well and good doing it at youth level but top level football is such a different level. I have no doubt KWP will make it and make a good contribution next season but to suggest replacing Walker, who is one of if not the best right back in the league, with a youngster is silly.

Just let KWP be used as squad depth next season with his versatility and given games in some cups. He will progress nicely.

Yeah it's cool stating the obvious but if Kyle Walker is hellbent on leaving then I'd be happy for this kid to get the opportunity rather than bringing in Adam Smith or some other guy it's not like we don't have Trippier.

Yeah it's cool stating the obvious but if Kyle Walker is hellbent on leaving then I'd be happy for this kid to get the opportunity rather than bringing in Adam Smith or some other guy it's not like we don't have Trippier.

I don't think he's hell bent on leaving. Nothing he's ever said has suggested that. Of course, if we get rid and especially to a rival it would be disappointing.

I'm like you though, I have no problem with Trippier being Walkers replacement. He doesn't provide us with the pace but he provides us with a better end product.

Back
Top Bottom