Lack Of Depth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough, I just disagree that we lack depth in central midfield. Capoue has been benched for no apparent reason, when the fact is he started the season extremely well.

Paulinho is our only truely shit central midfielder.

If we got rid of Paulinho, started using Capoue, and simply upgraded Ade, Soldado and replaced Lennon, Id be extremely happy with the summer window personally.

Thats 3 players, two are strikers, which is no secret, and one is a replacement for Lennon, who wasnt even playing.

All this Moutinho and overhaul talk is ridiculous.

Capoue is a lazy fuck, has all the talent but have you seen him track runners before, he has had one or two good games for us but unless he is willing to work much harder I don't see a future for him here. That being said I would still prefer a lazy player to the headless chicken Paulinho.

Face it under Bentaleb and Mason we don't have great options unless Poch thinks some more young players are ready to come through. Stambouli is good but slow, Capoue is as I said lazy and Paulinho is shit.

Be fair, I suggested 3 signings. You've suggested 3. I was hardly talking overhaul. The Moutinho suggestion was being able to have 3 very good CM's available rather than 2 and a solid backup in Capoue. Hardly ridiculous on my part.

I think signing Moutinho is a fairly radical overhaul of the central midfield, and one we dont need in my opinion.

I think we are strong there. We had 11 players who could play there at one point. Holtby and Paulinho dont need replacing. If Capoue doesnt feature and Caroll leaves, then we need to get a player in, but Im talking a competent squad player, not someone to build the entire team around for £30+M.

Someone like McCarthy who we seem interested in, will fit the bill for me. That would be one in, and four out the door, and we'd be stronger for it.

Stambouli, Mason, Bentaleb, Mcarthy for two positions. What more should we realistically expect?

I think signing Moutinho is a fairly radical overhaul of the central midfield, and one we dont need in my opinion.

I think we are strong there. We had 11 players who could play there at one point. Holtby and Paulinho dont need replacing. If Capoue doesnt feature and Caroll leaves, then we need to get a player in, but Im talking a competent squad player, not someone to build the entire team around for £30+M.

Someone like McCarthy who we seem interested in, will fit the bill for me. That would be one in, and four out the door, and we'd be stronger for it.

Stambouli, Mason, Bentaleb, Mcarthy for two positions. What more should we realistically expect?
I'm not a huge McCarthy fan. I think it would take around 20 million to get him with is much too high. I don't think moutinho is the answer either. Word is that he's been pretty disappointing in Monaco recently. I'd have a look at Christoph Kramer. Seems like he's going to be a very player and the fact that Low included him in his squad and gave him the start in the final is pretty impressive. He might be a but more defensive but I think he'd hit this team.

Capoue is a lazy fuck, has all the talent but have you seen him track runners before, he has had one or two good games for us but unless he is willing to work much harder I don't see a future for him here. That being said I would still prefer a lazy player to the headless chicken Paulinho.

Face it under Bentaleb and Mason we don't have great options unless Poch thinks some more young players are ready to come through. Stambouli is good but slow, Capoue is as I said lazy and Paulinho is shit.

Mason and Stambouli were very good while Bentaleb was away. I have no idea why he is behind Paulinho...Pochs achilles heel this one.

Capoue as you say is a good player. Lets see how good a coach Poch is then...we are weak, because we have two good back up players in Stambouli and Capoue, who should be muscling in on a first team spot.

But instead, both are being dropped from matchday squads, in favour of Paulinho, who puts the team at risk and makes us struggle to see out games.

Thats not a poor squad, its poor team selection and substitutions.

Mason has a terrible injury record so we definitely need to bring someone of suitable quality to cover, someone who can impact at CM. As good as Ryan and Nabil have been we need a bit of craft in midfield, whether it be Moutinho or A.N. other.

Mason and Stambouli were very good while Bentaleb was away. I have no idea why he is behind Paulinho...Pochs achilles heel this one.

Capoue as you say is a good player. Lets see how good a coach Poch is then...we are weak, because we have two good back up players in Stambouli and Capoue, who should be muscling in on a first team spot.

But instead, both are being dropped from matchday squads, in favour of Paulinho, who puts the team at risk and makes us struggle to see out games.

Thats not a poor squad, its poor team selection and substitutions.

Whatever the case please please keep that man away from the pitch, maybe it is a blind spot, who knows the situation inside the club but whenever I see him warming up a feeling of depression comes over me.

Back
Top Bottom