Lamela’s Legacy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This article focuses too much on his shithousery and yes this is a bit of what endeared him. But it was his effort levels when he got on the pitch which made us love him. He would bleed for Spurs and run himself into the ground for the team and the article barely touches on this. He did that when we were near top of the league and he did it when we were 7th.

This is what we will miss.

37488720_468052840322998_8181031195497201664_n.jpg

Lamela is better than all the attacking players in our current squad except for Kane and Son. I miss him a lot.

Despite being made of glass he was ready to go to war every time he wore our shirt. Feeble players like Lo Celso and Ndombele are just pathetic in comparison. There’s a reason opposing fans hated Lamela, he was difficult to play against. He was a massive twat and every team needs one of those. The frauds we have now are a dream for opponents, just breathe on them and they’ll give up.

I'd take one injury prone Lamela over 11, fat, lazy and selfish Ndombeles.

His muscles may have been made out of old elastic bands but his heart was solid gold. He gave a shit about the shirt which is much more than can be said for many of our current crop.

I would have picked 11 Coco's over the team we've seen pretty much every week for the last 18-24 months. OK, maybe 10 and a Hugo. At least he had pride and busted an absolute bollock every time he stepped onto the pitch. Couldn't give a fuck if Ndombele has the potential to be worldclass, or Lo Celso plays well for Argentina etc. Show some fucking pride and passion for the club and fans who are making you a multi millionaire or fuck off. Érik may not be the classiest, most skillful, fastest, or most consistent. But he gave his heart each and every second he was representing Spurs.

I miss Coco.

doesnt get the credit he deserves imo. many games he came on and made a difference through his intensity alone! it gave the rest of the team a lift and a kick up the arse to work harder.

dont remember us ever being the soft shit we have been capable of being, with lamela out there that often.

I would have picked 11 Coco's over the team we've seen pretty much every week for the last 18-24 months. OK, maybe 10 and a Hugo. At least he had pride and busted an absolute bollock every time he stepped onto the pitch. Couldn't give a fuck if Ndombele has the potential to be worldclass, or Lo Celso plays well for Argentina etc. Show some fucking pride and passion for the club and fans who are making you a multi millionaire or fuck off. Érik may not be the classiest, most skillful, fastest, or most consistent. But he gave his heart each and every second he was representing Spurs.

I miss Coco.

You'd have forfeited a lot of games then as most of your team would be injured

Positives

- never ever gave up

- knew the club, did everything to beat the likes of Woolwich and Chelsea

- great at pressing, tackling, driving forward and could provide great goals/assists when on form. He was also a player that didn’t hide from the ball.

Negatives

- Injuries. His body seemed to break down all the time and the way he played he couldn't always manage consecutive 90 mins. He had to be managed.

- decision making. He could be so frustrating releasing the ball too late or passing to the wrong player. He would do great work then let it down at the end by making a silly decision.

We have had better players and certainly fitter players but few who played as if they loved the badge as much as Lamela, despite not being a Spurs fan or even from this country. Good luck in Spain.

Yes his first (2013/14) and 4th (2016/17) seasons were mostly write offs, but he made at least 33 appearances in all the other 6 of his 8 seasons at Spurs. Still a fairly injury prone player but not out of action quite as much as it seemed.

Back
Top Bottom