League Cup or Top 4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

League Cup or Top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's no right or wrong answer imo, winning the cup would feel more joyous at the exact moment in time, Top 4 and the CL that it brings would bring more sustained satisfaction over a period of time.

I fucking loved it each time won the League Cup, it's the only trophy I've ever seen us win abd neither time did I think to myself, oh it's only the League Cup.
I'd also add that it's still most likely we'll end up with neither, so either would be lovely!

Win the League Cup, finish outside the Top 6 and we'll be in the Conference thingy. Great.

:pochunimpressed:

Win the LC, finish Top 6 and we'll be in the Europa League. Great.

:freundgoal:

We're not getting Top 4, stop doing it to yourself people.

Knowing us we'll lose, finish 7th and still end up in this Conference bollocks with the 'prize' of a Final in Albania up for grabs.

I've gone for top 4, because having that boost might help bring a new manager here who can get us playing more like a top side again. And I want to see us in the Champions League again and have a proper go at it, rather than the limp-dick effort we gave last time.

FML I cannot fucking believe we are having this discussion during our worst trophy drought post WW2
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

FML I cannot fucking believe we are having this discussion during our worst trophy drought post WW2
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Ah yeah! I remember all those WC players that flocked to Swansea after they won the LC.

Out of interest, do you even remember who City beat in the 2020 LC final?

There's no right or wrong answer imo, winning the cup would feel more joyous at the exact moment in time, Top 4 and the CL that it brings would bring more sustained satisfaction over a period of time.

I fucking loved it each time won the League Cup, it's the only trophy I've ever seen us win abd neither time did I think to myself, oh it's only the League Cup.

Either would be good. Given where we are, Cup and Europa would be great. But... I love watching us in the CL. Those nights against Inter at WHL, Madrid at Wembley, City at NWL... etc etc... magical events and incredible occasions.

I don’t prefer one over the other and for me it won’t be the end of the world if we get neither. The key thing for me right now is seeing the players happy and performing well, and the football being more positive. After the negative shitty football we’ve had this season I just want to start enjoying matches again.
If we can win the cup and finish high enough to get Europa or CL I’ll be really chuffed though.

It’s a hard one. Short term cup is a lot better as it will give a bit of a boost but long term if we get the right manager and make the right transfer plans top 4 could get us back up at the top.

I have gone for cup just because I think we all need a boost but I’ll take either and can see good arguments for both.

Only until we are knocked out. I will get a sustained satisfaction from winning the league cup because then Kane would have finally had his first fucking win in his life.

Unequivocally the League Cup.

If however we had won a trophy in the last 5 years Top 4, much as that makes me want to wash my mouth with carbolic soap.

Thus club need to have the winning sensation or we will completely forget what it feels like.

Back
Top Bottom