League Cup Quarterfinal: Tottenham vs West Ham | Wednesday 22 Dec | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was clear we wrestled control from them once Winks came on and we had the three in the middle.

The issue was that with Skipp, PEH and Hojbjerg we had no runner beyond or no one to link with the forwards so eventually Kane and Son were isolated and we started to retreat.

I like the three but it needs to be with the right personnel. Winks, Ndombele/Gio and PEH would have been my choice. That way we might have been able to retain possession and offer a threat going forward.

We scraped it in a good game. Can ANYBODY tell me how two performing and scoring forwards were taken off and Kane - a fav of mine was left on? He did nothing for the entire game, has issues with Sonny and Lucas (?) but was left on the field. Should have had Sonny, Lucas and Berg on up front. I've been listening to podcasts and the commentators condemn everybody but Kane, Dier and perhaps Skipp. The last two are now starting to play properly but does nobody remember the managers we've had? Two "found out" ,out of time, Portuguese journeymen who stole fitness, confidence and ability and left shells? Give other players support regardless of nationality; encourage them to display their ability. Support the squad and get behind Conte, regardless of his ability to see Kane's lack of interest in earning his wage. We have an able squad but the unending criticism of demotivated players is painful. Just look at the winks performance after months of criticism. That's brave. We are Spurs and our team deserves better from supporters and managers alike.

Back
Top Bottom