League Cup Quarterfinal: Tottenham vs West Ham | Wednesday 22 Dec | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's gonna be fucking freezing tonight.
What do you wear to not basically half die from hypothermia on nights like this?
I've never cracked it. I always end up shaking like a shitting dog even with thermals on.

How will you look to approach the match tomorrow with all the fixtures coming up?

Approach? I’ll try to manage the situation very well. As you said, we have many, many games in a short time and it’s impossible to think we’ll go to play all the games with the same formation and the same players. It’s not realistic. I have to find the right solution to be competitive for every game and manage the Covid situation in the right way and to give the possibility to rest, especially the players who had Covid and played the last game.
It will be very important to manage. The situation now is not simple because we have to play many games but we want to be competitive. I trust in my players, I trust in my squad and I will give my players the chance to show me they deserve to stay here at this level. And for sure tomorrow is an important game for us but every game we’re going to play is important for us.

How important would it be to win some silverware so early into your career at Tottenham?

To win trophies is always important but I think in this moment, at this period for Tottenham, I think it’s more good to think it’s time to rebuild something important. This is the most important thing. Then for sure if you ask me if trophies are important, they are important for every club. If you don’t start to build a team in an important way.

A trophy is only one situation that can help you. For me it's important to build a solid base, a foundation, to have a team in a short period who can be competitive, to fight not only for one trophy but to be competitive and to fight for all competitions you play.

How will you look to approach the match tomorrow with all the fixtures coming up?

Approach? I’ll try to manage the situation very well. As you said, we have many, many games in a short time and it’s impossible to think we’ll go to play all the games with the same formation and the same players. It’s not realistic. I have to find the right solution to be competitive for every game and manage the Covid situation in the right way and to give the possibility to rest, especially the players who had Covid and played the last game.
It will be very important to manage. The situation now is not simple because we have to play many games but we want to be competitive. I trust in my players, I trust in my squad and I will give my players the chance to show me they deserve to stay here at this level. And for sure tomorrow is an important game for us but every game we’re going to play is important for us.
Very interesting comment. Something I've been a critic of Conte for a while.

fogueres fogueres also mentioned at Juve his tactical inflexibility caused problems.

I hope he shows he has learnt and demonstrates flexibility.

Gather round the wireless....

Back
Top Bottom