League Cup - The Dawson Derby, The Andy Reid Looking In A Fridge For The Last Pork Pie Parade, Conte's 45 Minute Wonders. ON WEDNESDAY AT 19:45!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who ENIC or the players or both!

Just amazes me we are shortly going to be entering 2023 and we are still playing Dier and Sanchez in defence!!

Our WB's other than what we have seen of Spence tonight are awful and we have no style of play, fight, passion or desire to win. I feel like the club needs a total rebuild as well as the team.

Both!

Five players at least need to go in January

Should be quite easy to guess who

Why though.... Why not give a fuck?
He has ONE job... To give a fuck about winning a football match...
What DOES he give a fuck about?
How Juve are doing this weekend, I bet!!

I don't know probably trying to play poker with the board.

Absolutely now way he's taking off Kane when we are losing the match in order to win.

Bringing on Kulu and Rich when we are 2-0 down, should have done that at HT

I'm actually fuming, I've seent this before from Conte and I don't like it one bit

And let's not get into Spence...

I am beginning to think that Richardson was not a very good signing.
I’ve said it before not worth £60M. Whoever wanted him needs questioning. His always bloody offside.his goal scoring record isn’t great and playing fir conte team you are unlikely to get many chances. Hence why I questioned playing lane tonight to basically jog around. As we never looked like creating anything other than a set piece. Kane played 60 mins and I don’t think he had one shot. Shocking!

This is a tiresome statement that get bleated out time and time again. We have spent shit loads since the CL final when Pochettino was talking about a rebuild, it’s not Levy fault that most of the players brought in were duds

It definitely is Levy’s fault.

We miss targets pissing about and ended up with second rate versions like Lo Celso.

Since Contes come in most of our signings have been solid

I’m pissed off with watching this but we need to back him or there was no point hiring him

I think he could and would walk. If we hadn’t come back against Bournemouth I’d want him sacked
There is no manager will succeed at Spurs as long as Levy is at the club. How many more managers do you need to prove this?!
Levy is buying the players not Conte. The only way Conte will succeed if Levy gives him X amount of money to spend on who Conte wants to buy.

Last edited:
This is a tiresome statement that get bleated out time and time again. We have spent shit loads since the CL final when Pochettino was talking about a rebuild, it’s not Levy fault that most of the players brought in were duds
Agree, we've spent money but we've spent it on utter shit. That can't just be Levys fault though. How the fuck did anyone thin Royal would be a good purchase.

I agree the players are at fault as they are the ones on the pitch but we have no attacking identity and that is the mangers fault. A good proportion of our squad is utter shite but the remainder look lost under this manager.

I think you can basically boil our attacking identity down to no Kulu no party

I was crying for the 3-5-2 but i i think it's obvious of we Insist on 3 at the back 3-4-3 is the best bet.

Spence and Perasic as wingbacks preferred but Conte seems to think Royals his son.

Personally wanna see 4-3-3 as I think the midfield trio off Biss, Benta and Hojberg is a strong point and out CBs are shit so the less on the pitch the better

Chavs are out, Woolwich are out, we are out, Liverpool are looking to go out but Derby can't finish them.

People should understand managers don't give a shit about a Cup that has the next round the day after the WC Final.

Conte most likely didn't even prepare the players for this match, he just threw them in there.

Feel sorry for the fans that travelled up there tonight.
He shouldn’t have to if there are patterns to our play… But we don’t have thoose. He’s stubborn defensive coach. Classic Italian. I’m afraid we got tricked here.

What a pile of dogs diarrhoea. Dier must be one of the dumbest players ever. Sess was awful, unsurprisingly. Sanchez looks like he's playing on an ice rink as usual.

Plus points(just about)
Forster looked better than Hugo, we would have conceded more if he played. He came out quickly and made a few important blocks that Hugo would not have done.
Spence made a bursting run up the wing, a sight I've not seen for a long, long time.

Yes we need to replace our core, we have been needing that for the last 4 years.

BUT, Conte can´t be immune to critic. Why are we playing this dull, boring, defensive, negative shit with the attacking talents we have at the club??? IT´S FUCKING INSANE!!!

We have Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Moura, Spence, Gil, Perisic, attack FFS!

The players look so pumped with tactics, that they can´t express themselves anymore.

We need to replace Lloris, Doherty, Emerson, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Sessegnon, Moura, not because they are all bad, they are not. But because they are weak-minded. Weak-minded players are not going to win you thropies. They fold when the going gets tough.

And i´m sorry, even if we sign the best players around, i´m not sure Conte is the answer. Maybe his time has passed. Do we want to watch this defensive crap for a couple more years?

We probably need a progressive manager. I think Potter would have been the obvious choice, but that ship has sailed.

I didn´t think i would say this, but maybe it would´nt be that bad to take Poch back?

Back
Top Bottom