Leandro or David Villa?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How 'bout neither

If any of you crush my dreams of signing Higuain then I swear to God...

tumblr_lwp011tt161r8d93uo1_500.gif

Neither.
Soldado (spelling?), Bony, Arnautovic.

I reckon we could get Arnautovic for 15-20m and pay him 60-90k a week.

Agree with Kalyl in that both ought to compliment each other well and would be well worth selling both Ade & Defoe if we can get cash.

Incidentally have a good mate who's Celtic (and knows his football) who having watched a few spurs games with me this season, is adamant that Gary Hooper would be the answer for us. Pure finisher and spurs thru & thru...wouldn't be adverse with paying an extra £5m and swapping all 3 current strikers with Villa, LD and Hooper!

i think we need them both.
Damião is an unproven striker for european football but from what i've seen from him so far in the brazilian league he has a really high work rate, and thats what we need for a young new central striker IMPOV.
Villa, as someone said, would be for us like Raul was for Schalke

Agree with Kalyl in that both ought to compliment each other well and would be well worth selling both Ade & Defoe if we can get cash.

Incidentally have a good mate who's Celtic (and knows his football) who having watched a few spurs games with me this season, is adamant that Gary Hooper would be the answer for us. Pure finisher and spurs thru & thru...wouldn't be adverse with paying an extra £5m and swapping all 3 current strikers with Villa, LD and Hooper!
If you are referring to Bale as the 3rd striker then I will rip your bollocks off. Any scenario in which we sell Bale I would be incredibly adverse to, especially if it meant getting 3 fairly ordinary strikers and losing money.

I like Hooper a lot, and I think he would be a decent signing, but not as a first choice. David Villa isn't a quarter of the player he was at the 2008 Euros, and I'm sorry but I've just never really rated Leandro Damiao at all

Villa for us would be like Raul was for Schalke. I could just see this supposedly in decline old grundig have a great couple of seasons for us.
but Raul is an exception, the passion for the game in that man is superb. He could ve gone to anywhere and take it easy in stead he chose to take a huge risk and went to cold rainy Germany only to win the hearts of everyone there. He always gave his all.

Neither.
Soldado (spelling?), Bony, Arnautovic.

I reckon we could get Arnautovic for 15-20m and pay him 60-90k a week.
no no no no no no no no no and some more no , Arnautovic is Zlatan combined with suarez but without the skill of both. He always ends up in trouble for club and country , he is another Mido waiting to happen

This season Bremen were battling against relegation and in stead of giving it his all he went partying , street racing , showed up late for training. Bremen was lucky they loaned De Bruyne from Chelsea or they would've been down.

If you are referring to Bale as the 3rd striker then I will rip your bollocks off. Any scenario in which we sell Bale I would be incredibly adverse to, especially if it meant getting 3 fairly ordinary strikers and losing money.

I like Hooper a lot, and I think he would be a decent signing, but not as a first choice. David Villa isn't a quarter of the player he was at the 2008 Euros, and I'm sorry but I've just never really rated Leandro Damiao at all

Haha. No, haven't quite lost my marbles yet.

Was referring to Dempsey who from a squad perspective, despite his versatility, i see as a striker. This is mainly down to lack of options we have up top compared to slightly further back (where I see Bale, Lennon, Townsend, Holtby, Siggurdsson and Dembele if he was playing there, as ahead of Clint in the 3 behind the striker pecking order).

Back
Top Bottom