Ledley King

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Ledley is god, then it follows his son is, too. And let's hope the third instantiation of divinity can knock a ball off the line this weekend, should it come to that.

Éperons said:
If Ledley is god, then it follows his son is, too. And let's hope the third instantiation of divinity can knock a ball off the line this weekend, should it come to that.
Surely the son of god isn't also god?

That would make mini-Ledley Jesus!?!

The end of the season saw Ledley take time to have a minor procedure on his knee.

Catching up with Ledley today, he said:

"I had a really good start to last season and was pleased to play as many games as I did. A knock in training set me back towards the end, but I opted to carry on playing rather than take the time out to have the knee seen to. Unfortunately that meant that I didn’t play the last few games at the standard I would have liked.

"I’ve been discussing things with the Club and my contract expires this summer. The Club has been fantastic in supporting me and given me several options to stay involved with Tottenham. I shall take a view with them pre-season on my future.

"Tottenham has been the only Club for me and if I can’t play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/ledley-king-update.page?

Seems like he's finally doing the sensible thing, he's gonna be in a fucking wheelchair in ten years (less if he were to play another season).

Absolute legend, it's been an honour to have had such a great captain and player.

If he is gonna retire I hope we make one preseason fixture a testimonial. Just so the fans can show their appreciation.

Let him retire a legend and take up a coaching role. Caulker for sure won't be leaving, then.

King also indicated that he would be unwilling to play on at another club, after spending his entire professional career, which started in 1998, in north London.

He added: "Tottenham has been the only club for me and if I can’t play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

I feel like shedding a tear now, Ledley I love you. How many players show that kind of loyalty anymore, playing out their entire career at their boyhood club?

sob

Back
Top Bottom