Ledley King

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luda said:
Imagine the ovation after his last game at The Lane...

We may have already missed our opportunity!

I think if he decides that's that, Harry may well name him as a sub for the first game of the season, and bring him on (and off again) in the last 10 minutes... he'd do summit like that would 'Arry... he's an ol'softie really!!

Undoubtedly the greatest CB of this era. Sadly never got the recognition for it.

He shall always remain the King of the lane for me.

:bow: :bow: :ledley:

Thelonious said:
I'm reading that people think his shirt should be retired, a tad excessive imo.
Fellow hasn't even retired! Surely excessive!

Let him have his appreciation day next year (should he, in fact, retire from playing!!!).

1882 said:
I think if he decides that's that, Harry may well name him as a sub for the first game of the season, and bring him on (and off again) in the last 10 minutes... he'd do summit like that would 'Arry... he's an ol'softie really!!
Lucky for us, registrations won't be due until a few weeks later, so he would not hurt our roster (by leaving us with only 24 men).

Already got his name on the back of last seasons shirt. Will wear it with even more pride at the lane.

Ledley-King-Short-Hairstyles-Image.jpg

Devastating news. I'm truly grateful to Ledley for giving us the best centre half England has produced in generations. If he does retire then his shirt goes, too and he should have a testamonial...

Never mind newspaper reports. Read the Spurs website. He's only talking about a maybe.

Anyway. I'll name my first son after him. And that's a promise.

I did think it was funny that Radio 1 were all over us releasing Ledley but nothing has made the BBC Sport page as of yet. That article on the official site has chilled me out a little bit :) I'm sure his years of service will at least count for retirement being on his terms and hopefully after some sort of job for life announcement and the news that he has started to coach.

A quick point that nobody seems to have mentioned, a Mr Paul Scholes features on the free transfer list of Man Utd and we know he'll be back next season.

Was in London for about 16 hours, stopped by White Hart Lane today to see if they were doing any tours (they weren't) popped in to the Spurs Shop and overheard two people discussing the rumor that Ledley is to retire. I immediately bought a jersey and had them iron the 26 on the back. What a legend!

Smoked Salmon said:
Blanchflower said:
yiddo2786 said:
So has he officially been released? :'(

No.
According to the PL's list of released players he is. But that does not, of course, preclude a future contract in whatever form.

It's just a list of players who have contract expiries - Scholes is on it and has now signed a new contract........none of those players have been released by their clubs

I get the impression the club has offered him a couple options. I imagine a pay as you play contract is one of them and either a coaching or ambassadorial role for the club is the other. Either way he'll be serving this fine club.

If he does choose to retire I'd like to see him bow out in a pre-season friendly at the Lane rather than a Premier League game.

Back
Top Bottom