Leeds vs Dr. Tottenham - Sat 26th Feb 12:30 Whatever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely can't do this....

What's the point?
We win, I feel fairly happy.... (Knowing it won't last)

We lose, it hurts like hell... and I wonder why I felt happy in the first place...

Right now, the hurt outweighs the happiness...

I dunno if I can do this to myself any more!

Fucking hell Spurs, you've made me question EVERYTHING I thought I knew about support...
This feels different from the naive 1990s support where you kinda hoped for better days...
We've HAD better days... We were in the running for a League title... We were in the Final of the Champions League... We won neither... And have been going downhill ever since.

This weekend isn't gonna make it any better.... Whatever the result!

Still, onwards and upwards!!
I'm sure the OS will spend the next few days reporting on the players trying to convince us that We'll bounce back and give it our all in the next game...

Pathetic cunts!

Still.... The Far East fan base lap it all up... And THEY'RE who counts these days, right?
I feel the same, except that you've been supporting longer.

But I think the worst part is the realization and then the ensuing self-hatred, that my Saturday will still be planned around watching this stupid fucking team.

I feel the same, except that you've been supporting longer.

But I think the worst part is the realization and then the ensuing self-hatred, that my Saturday will still be planned around watching this stupid fucking team.
Believe me, I've been supporting since before the 1990s... That was just an example of how far we can stoop if we REALLY put our minds to it...

I have the 'benefit' of seeing us in the early '80s when we were. REALLY a joy to watch...
I also have vague memories of relegation in '77... but it somehow felt more positive than this .. cos I knew we'd be back...

Now, I'm not so sure...

i had Kane and Son penned in as transfers into my fantasy team.... buggar them making that decision hard now....

Will Conte even be in charge at this point.

I think Bentancur and Kuluveski seem good additions but it's still early days, but fuck me, how do you beat City then lose to Burnley.

Losing to Burnley in itself isn't necessarily a disgrace - it's the four losses in five matches. Something is fundamentally wrong behind the scenes. Again. And as will all of the last sackings, that constant is the players. And the owners.

The same shit can't keep happening to different managers.

Honestly don't even have the energy to watch this on the TV - fair play to those who are still spending their time/ money to go to games both home & away.

This is the most disinterested I've felt about Spurs in the last 15+ years.

Losing to Burnley in itself isn't necessarily a disgrace - it's the four losses in five matches. Something is fundamentally wrong behind the scenes. Again..
But there's summit about losing to Burnley that sends our Managers over the edge... Remember Poch's rant at FT to Mike Dean...
...and now Conte last night!

I think they're both emotional men, and maybe dealing with someone as emotionless as Levy, and ultimately working for someone as invisible as Joe Lewis isn't how they best operate!

But hey, I digress. This is the Leeds match thread... As you were!

I hope we lose. Anything that brings Levys departure works for me. I'd take relegation.

I hate he is in charge of my club. Just depresses me.
But it won't .. if anything, it'll hasten Conte's departure!

I still can't *ever BRING myself to WANT us to lose

*the only notable exception was at Old Trafford in '99 that gave Man Utd the title ahead of Woolwich.... But I don't think I was alone that day... Remember Les Ferdinand's face when he opened the scoring???

*the only notable exception was at Old Trafford in '99 that gave Man Utd the title ahead of Woolwich.... But I don't think I was alone that day... Remember Les Ferdinand's face when he opened the scoring???
I'd take relegation for a season if it meant ENICunts left for good and proper owners with vision came in not glorified fraud accountants and tax dodging parasites

Think of the long-term gains

I do remember that

Maybe I don't want to actively see us lose.

But I couldn't give a fuck about the result and long term I see a loss as better for the team and us in the future.

Leeds look a side in complete free fall to relegation. 3 defeats on the trot and 16 goals conceded in last 4 league games. What better tonic then than Dr Tottenham to come calling on Saturday. Leeds to win with a clean sheet.
It's not even gallows humour or pessimism, it's a literal fact that we always make teams that have been conceding goals for fun look like prime AC Milan of the 80s/90s at the back.

And I haven't been following Leeds' results too closely so not sure if they've been having trouble scoring goals, but if they have, I can absolutely 100% guarantee, that they will score at least 1 on Saturday. The end result will depend on if they score that goal early or not.

If they do then it gives us plenty of time to go out and attack them in search of the equaliser, so they will probably win 2 or 3 nil due to the space and calamitous defending we will no doubt gift them.

If they score their goal late, then our hard fought 0-0 will turn to dust and we will have 5 minutes of watching our lads look angry and urgent, before trudging off at the final whistle looking dumbfounded and angry because somehow they still haven't realised that they are a bunch of utter shitcunts and the number of poor performances and bad results aren't just a matter of bad luck...

I think Bentancur and Kuluveski seem good additions but it's still early days, but fuck me, how do you beat City then lose to Burnley.

Losing to Burnley in itself isn't necessarily a disgrace - it's the four losses in five matches. Something is fundamentally wrong behind the scenes. Again. And as will all of the last sackings, that constant is the players. And the owners.

On the face of it it's baffling, but I am becoming more and more convinced that our World Class Facilities™ are actually harming us right now, ENIC shotgunned (parts of) the club infrastructure to the highest level, whilst the playing side of things was still only on the road there, although at the time we were moving in the right direction.

Now we are a club with these great facilities, and yet no recent pedigree of success on the pitch to match it. Players joining have all the lavish trappings of a successful world class club, but none of the expectation to win that would come with playing for a Real Madrid, a Bayern, a Juventus, and so they can just relax, get changed in the cushy dressing room that has more space than most common fan's home, have a nice sauna post game to unwind, crack open a chilled sparkling water as they watch Conte unravel in the corner more and more with each passing game...

Look at the Youth Team, since all of those facilities were upgraded, what the fuck do we have to show for it? One Oliver Skipp and a bunch of absolute shite that will never even come close to threatening the first team, whoch is damning when you look at how shite the first team is! The youngsters that join us from elsewhere actually regress once they get here, see Jack Clarke for example...

Bunch of losers have reached the pinnacle work place comfort without having to actually achieve any success to get there, where is the motivation to push on and improve when they can just coast and be surrounded by luxury no matter what?

Believe me, I've been supporting since before the 1990s... That was just an example of how far we can stoop if we REALLY put our minds to it...

I have the 'benefit' of seeing us in the early '80s when we were. REALLY a joy to watch...
I also have vague memories of relegation in '77... but it somehow felt more positive than this .. cos I knew we'd be back...

Now, I'm not so sure...

Didn’t realise that you were born in 1882!!!

I'm going to be enjoying my Saturday with people and not organising around spurs games anymore. I'll listen on the radio while I'm out but enic and levy have sucked all the joy out of supporting this side for me ,allowing us to get into this mess from the position we was in due to their mismanagement.

I'm expecting it to be 5 losses from 6. It will be a back 5 with shit wingbacks. Your goalscorer having to drop deep to playmake because nobody else in the side has a brain. 1 shot 2 if we're lucky in a half of football and sitting back waiting for Leeds to make a mistake instead of making something happen.

I would say enjoy to anybody that is mad enough that still has enough faith in this team to hope for a result and expect a performance but chances are high that you'll be watching the same old shit.
Your not alone. Many of us gave had the joy sucked out of us by enic and levy.

Back
Top Bottom