Leeds vs Dr. Tottenham - Sat 26th Feb 12:30 Whatever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Call me an old softie... But I'd fucking LOVE Winks to start, and play an absolute stormer....
just to prove some of you fuckers wrong!!

He's ONE OF OUR OWN...
HE'S ONE OF OUR OWNNNN.

HA-RRY WINKS... HE'S ONE OF OUR OWNNNN!

Last edited:
I'm sure when Dr. Nick, head of THFC medical department, gets his hands on him Bentancur will never walk again...
The look on Son and Mourinho's face in the Amazon series when the team doctor told them Son was out for the rest of the season from a ***checks notes*** broken forearm suffered in the 1st minute in a match that he finished and scored twice in.

The look on Son and Mourinho's face in the Amazon series when the team doctor told them Son was out for the rest of the season from a ***checks notes*** broken forearm suffered in the 1st minute in a match that he finished and scored twice in.
Peak Tottenham Hotspur when the club spends billions building state of the art training ground and stadium, only to leave the medical department to be run by some guy who dropped out in first year of veterinary school...

Loaning out of Ndombele and Lo Celso looking a bad call at this stage and will probably cost us points. Probably already has. Agree neither have a long-term future under Conte.

He'd still be playing PEH & Winks ahead of them anyway.... He'd already established that.

...For that reason; it's not fair to say it's cost us points unless (god forbid!) one of those two become unavailable too.

We're not far off seeing Dier back in midfield, or Harvey White/ Alfie Devine starting PL games.

(See above).

Hugo
Rom / Dier / Davies
Berg / Kulu / PEH/ Winks / Reg (*)
Kane / Son
(*Guessing it'll be Sess tho)

Last edited:
----------------------Hugo------------------------

------Romero----Sanchez----Rodon----------

-Lucas--------Dejan-------Dier--------Reggy-

-----------------------Kane------------------------

---------------Bergy---------Sonny--------------

* Unused subs: Royal, Doherty, Sessegnon, Winks

Hugo
Rom / Dier / Davies
Berg / Kulu / Winks / PEH / Reg
Kane / Son​
Disappointed Oh No GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

I know, I know.....

there's no alternative.

I know, I know.....

there's no alternative.

Individually, they concern me less than many here. However, worst case scenario is them as a duo.....

Which is why the extra body at CM is a must.... Also opens us up to the more attacking option of playing Berg instead of Emerson.

----------------------Hugo------------------------

------Romero----Sanchez----Rodon----------

-Lucas--------Dejan-------Dier--------Reggy-

-----------------------Kane------------------------

---------------Bergy---------Sonny--------------

* Unused subs: Royal, Doherty, Sessegnon, Winks

Again; the question to be asked..... Why on earth would anyone favour Lucas > Berg as a WB?

Peak Tottenham Hotspur when the club spends billions building state of the art training ground and stadium, only to leave the medical department to be run by some guy who dropped out in first year of veterinary school...
Who is the Tottenham doc? I might be able to find out something about him.

Why not? Both work hard, neither have much end product, but Lucas is an objectively better footballer in almost every respect.

Cos WBs are duty-bound to defend too.... This requires a certain degree of discipline and physicality.

Lucas's best attribute is when he's free to cause chaos and drift inside.... That's not you want from a WB.

Berg has shown under Jose he has the ability to adapt to a WB role. He also has a decent cross on him when playing from the right.

Last edited:
Cos WBs are duty-doubt to defend too.... This requires a certain degree of discipline and physicality.

Lucas's best attribute is when he's free to cause chaos and drift inside.... That's not you want from a WB.

Berg has shown under Jose he has the ability to adapt to a WB role. He also has a decent cross on him when playing from the right.

Lucas works hard defensively, generally speaking. Discipline/physicality wise you've got a point for sure, but equally Lucas is quicker and trickier than Bergwijn, so could function well out wide. How disciplined really is Bergwijn?

Lately I've mostly been impressed with Bergwijns ability to get in to good positions more than anything else, most of these central. Conte seems to think he's a backup CF! So I'm not sure eithers best work meets well with what is needed from a WB. Would be about who is more open to change.

Did Bergwijn play WB under Jose or something? I don't remember that.

Back
Top Bottom