Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe that but we either have a reaction and an admission of a team meeting post last night or Pochettino's grip is inexorably slipping.

I just don't know who DEMANDS better on the pitch when it is not flowing.
I can't believe Leicester won't fancy their chances against such a demotivated and mentally weak team who continue to look a rabble of an outfit.

Last edited:
Drop Eriksen and Dele and we will do fine, all others are committed and will perform which is first and foremost needed.

Dele needs playing time and he will get it against Colchester next week.

We all hope that but is it likely that we suddenly just click back to how we were two seasons ago, I think not and it will get worse yet I feel more embarrassing defeats still waiting for us.

I have no idea what the answer is but Pochettino needs an avoidance of embarrassing defeats and to find a solution.

It's who inspires that which I struggle with.

Haven’t won an away game for 9 months, not seeing much reason to get excited about this one.

Leicester are nothing special but we don’t seem capable of beating anyone away from home anymore.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Winks Sissoko
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane

Jan is starting to worry me after two poor away performances, but he deserves one more start to show he can hack it. Otherwise Sanchez will take his place again.
Leicester is a good solid battling team at home. It won't be easy. A draw would be decent. I'm worried about who is going to be on rat face. He may be an ugly bastard but he's a dangerous opportunistic striker. I think KWP is to lightweight. Perhaps start Aurier. He has pace and something to prove.

I think we still need a proper defensive mid. Winks has done a job there so far, but he needs to be freed up to dictate the play more.

Dier
Ndombele - Eriksen​

Alternate between Ndombele and Winks, have Dier protect the back line and Eriksen can then orchestrate . The depth we have for midfield when everyone is fit is very good now.. Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dier, Lamela and Wanyama.
Won't be surprised if Ndombele starts on the bench.

Is this some new kind of Sudoku?
It's games won, drawn and lost and goals scored over the first 6 games for the last 3 seasons.
Eg this season 2019-20 we have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 1 (2-3-1) scored 13 and conceded 8 (13-8).
Our form is pretty consistent over the years.

I'd love to see Lucas and Son either side of Kane! does it ever happen? when was the last time they both started with Kane? has it ever happened?

A draw at Leicester won't be a bad result. Don't let tonights game blinker things, they are a decent little team

Smash and grab 3-1 to our boys but I wouldn't be too gutted if we walk away with a point

Stop talking bollocks. Do you want champions league football next season as well as this or would you rather Leicester have a look next year instead of us?

A point bollocks - we have to win!

I'd love to see Lucas and Son either side of Kane! does it ever happen? when was the last time they both started with Kane? has it ever happened?

Could have happened and should have happened in the European champions cup final but the Portuguese fella got fucked over by the money men! :roseunsure:

Err...think you'll find we did exactly that against Newcastle and it worked a treat!

Then again, against Leicester who will let us play a bit, the pace of those two might actually be effective.

Really do not know what to make of this game at all

Seriously though chaps are we going to have put up with this miserable 'woe is us' shite all season?

We're going to lose more games at some point and draw some games and also win a good number as well.

Maybe we need a new thread where all the doomsters can congregate and bitch and moan to their hearts content.

What do you say to that?

:adegrin2:

Back
Top Bottom