Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fucking love the bloke but I'm seriously starting to question if Poch is the man to take us forward now - it feels like he's making tactical decisions for the sake of it, or just to stroke his ego.

Would Pep or Klopp have left Lucas on the bench so long? I fucking doubt it - EVERY time we've seen Wanyama feature recently he's been completely off the pace, given the ball away and failed to track runners - suprise fucking suprise, it happened again today, why can't Poch see that?

Man I am absolutely fucking livid.

Poch is a very odd manager tbh.

Wants rid of Rose in the summer and makes him the undisputed first choice now (which he should be)

Wants rid of Wanyama and now hes mysteriously ahead of Dier and Skipp in the pecking order.

It's just so extreme and baffling.

I don't give a fuck ... I support Spurs not some internet wankers who can't wait to have a go ,... come in my local and see how long they last .. fucking cunts
As sammyspurs sammyspurs said, it's nice to see your'e at least venting your anger.

But you shouldn't be venting at other fans for feeling upset or frustrated. You should be venting at the owners, or the manager, or the players. Not fellow fans.

Apathy among our fanbase is one of the biggest things to hold us back imo.
We're too easily satisfied. The never had it so good attitude is fucking appalling.

We need our supporters to show their anger and their passion.
Today wasn't good enough. One league cup in 2 decades isnt good enough. Throwing away leads and collapsing like a deck chair aint fucking good enough.

Lets have no more of this unlucky, we go again losers mentality.
It fucking stinks.

YouTube video showing how VAR is fucked and legit makes everything more contentious then it needs to be.

My personal opinion is if you can't see it with the naked eye no advantage was gained. If it comes down to mm what difference did it make?

Also the fact that it's still a bloke chosing when to stop the frames and where to place the mouse invites more human error. It's fucked and needs changing

VAR will give us good things and take them .
We have had more than our share of good fortune in the not too distant past with it.
We lost today because some of our players didn't stay focused for 90 minutes and shit substitutions.

How is it? Points out how without an actual method to judge when the balls played it's all up to personal interpretation of what's on the screen. So basically VAR hasn't solved anything it's just making everything more contentious, because everything is being scrutinized.

We need to fuck off how we are using VAR and use it like they do in Europe. Let the onfield ref have a proper look not some cut with a mouse 200 Miles away.

And there needs to be a margin or error with offisde like there is with Hawkeye in Cricket and Tennis. To hard to tell onfield decision stands
Thing with Hawkeye in tennis is that the camera setup and the way it's visualised is basically perfect. Similarly, with Hot Spot in cricket, the thermal method leaves no doubt whatsoever over ball-to-bat contact.

As Andy Gray was pointing out, with VAR offside decisions there are three key frames that will be used to judge it (potentially two if the pass is a one-touch) which differ enormously. What we're not seeing in these VAR reviews is a 'flick' between the two frames where the ball is on/has left the passer's foot, which I swear we used to be shown before and would likely have left the VAR booth with an embarassing decision to make this afternoon.

Alas, if you understand the technology properly then it's easy to see the potential pitfalls and how it doesn't replicate the accuracy of, say, Hawkeye at all. The mentality that these marginal offside calls being made must all be absolutely correct is actually rather foolish.

At least with the handball decisions they're pretty clear, if admittedly harsh at times.

Anyone else feeling like they are just about done with football??

I mean VAR is killing the game, we've had it to our advantage a few times and It didn't sit right with me then, but when you see refs missing people getting chucked on the floor in headlocks in the penalty box and not given after review and then he gives Son offside by the width of a fag packet today, which totally turned the game on its head... its a bit hard to take.

How can you celebrate anything now when they are pulling back goals for such ridiculously fine margins?
Me too. I've definitely lost some love for the game. The 'modern' game with its financial lunacy, celebrity /selfie/Twitter/Sky nonsense, handball rule, and now VAR chalking off goals left and right for impossible to determine margins, is making it harder to embrace.

Last edited:
The problem with VAR is quite simple and we'll keep saying this until were blue in the face - THE DECISION OF WHEN TO USE VAR AND WHEN NOT TO IS UNACCEPTABLY SUBJECTIVE.

So you get the Son incident yesterday being raked over with a microscope and yet fouls committed in the penalty area such as the Alli incident against Woolwich (and many more) are ignored. The answer is simple, either VAR is used to police the 90 mins in its entirety, effectively replacing the ref, or you just bin it.

God knows where we'd be this season without Winks and Lamela.

Both been excellent.

Hear me out on this though - would be great if Winks could develop his game to be ever so slightly more aggressive. He *always* takes the least difficult option. It's forever sideways, recycling the ball. Absolutely nothing wrong with that when you have a variety of attacking options in front of you, but at the moment, we do not. We seem to be so static, and play everything though the middle, that teams just let us play in front of them, without a worry.

Against Olympiakos and, to a lesser extent Leicester, they are happy to give him space and time on the ball, because they know he's not going to punish you.

Hopefully, this is where Ndombele and Lo Celso will help.

---------------------Lloris---------------------
Aurier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose
---------------------Skipp---------------------
-------------Winks-------Ndombele--------
Lamela------------------------------------Son
---------------------Kane-----------------------

Subs: Gazzaniga, Sessegnon, Foyth, Dier, Lo Celso, Lucas, Dele

Others: Eriksen, Wanyama, Sanchez.

How we all see it, yet Poch don't is mental.

Point is that despite minor tweaks or preferences (Lamela, Davies) we actually have a beautifully balanced squad with sufficient scope for rotation and adaptation to our oppo should we see fit.

....The fact that we've (Poch) been trying to force this diamond upon ourselves for so long is really fucking infuriating.

I dunno about that. Took 6 points from the last year - played without Kane for both games
. They don’t have Maguire anymore and they were absolutely muck last week,

I think we’ll start fast and strong, especially after last night. Would love son and Lucas on either side of Kane but don’t think poch will go for that, he’ll want craft over guile so I expect dele/Eriksen to start.
My current Spurs survival technique is to lower my expectations back to the year 2000.

Back
Top Bottom