Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it werent for the table, id say i enjoyed this game. This last 20mins rally.
I think we deserved to lose, up to about 60 mins, they are threatening everytime they got the ball. We looked panic by the early goals, hence the ineffectual press. The players didnt charge for the second ball.
Didnt watch the first goal, but the second one is entirely Vert fault, he took the wrong guess.
Anybody said scrap the back 3, i saw us playing Dier in midfield, and we are rallying on the last 15 of first half, thats why we got caught, the DM is too far forward, cause he is DM not CB.
We really missed Toby here, last season we are struggling to win without him too. He is the only one with great long pass that Dele thrive on.
Everybody talking about Lamela, but Kane is the man for me. Second half he is much secluded. But damn when he got that chance, and his celebration is just a rallying cry for the others.
I think im starting to get tired by Aurier, he is not very smart and composed with the ball.

Dele really offers nothing tonight. The thing is, i was shouting the same thing last season. Then come late December, bang 7 goals in 4 games. That is why he deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Its clear Son needs to play and its clear we need fresh idea.

I said the same at the weekend. Why won’t they just introduce a “Ball in play” clock. Simple solution to stop teams doing this.

Drives me fucking spare when teams start making subs, faking injuries and dragging out every set play just to waste time. If u want to run the clock down be good enough to do it by keeping possession.

Half the teams in this league park the bus and time waste against us. I’m sick of watching it. I can’t imagine wanting to “play” in or watch a team that does that.

This. Effective time. Stop the clock at all free kicks, every time the ball is out of play. Play 2*30 minutes (I have timed it a couple of games). And have a large fat buzzer go of when the time is fucking up. The best part, everybody knows when the game will finish. Not just one fucking person in the world. Like Ice hockey.

If it werent for the table, id say i enjoyed this game. This last 20mins rally.
I think we deserved to lose, up to about 60 mins, they are threatening everytime they got the ball. We looked panic by the early goals, hence the ineffectual press. The players didnt charge for the second ball.
Didnt watch the first goal, but the second one is entirely Vert fault, he took the wrong guess.
Anybody said scrap the back 3, i saw us playing Dier in midfield, and we are rallying on the last 15 of first half, thats why we got caught, the DM is too far forward, cause he is DM not CB.
We really missed Toby here, last season we are struggling to win without him too. He is the only one with great long pass that Dele thrive on.
Everybody talking about Lamela, but Kane is the man for me. Second half he is much secluded. But damn when he got that chance, and his celebration is just a rallying cry for the others.
I think im starting to get tired by Aurier, he is not very smart and composed with the ball.

Dele really offers nothing tonight. The thing is, i was shouting the same thing last season. Then come late December, bang 7 goals in 4 games. That is why he deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Its clear Son needs to play and its clear we need fresh idea.
Must have been a great watch for a neutral. Not so much for us though.

When did I say he was the main reason we lost???
You didn't but you pointed out the tweet which kind of implied Sissoko was more than a coincidence that we lost three games out of four and in my opinion when it comes to Sissoko, people forget that this is a team game and if someone's shit, then the others must step in and try to help him out.
I am not implying he's some world beater, but fans need to get off his back even if he's shit really, we had shit players before and I didn't see so much scapegoat.

YOU know what Spurs....
There's worse things going on in The world right now than you losing another FUCKING game... it just woulda been nice for you to take SOME of the pain away with a win...
But I guess that's just beyond you.

Fine. Great. I know where we stand.
I'll remember not to trust you in times of trouble in the future, eh?
You go your way, and I'll go mine.

Xx

He missed from 8 yards out, right in front of the goal, 1 on 1 with the keeper mate. It didn't help.
Yeah mate I know, he was poor, but people forget easily that this can happen to anyone in our team and I don't see people jumping on other players' back as much as they do on Sissoko's. As long as he pulls the shirt on and he tries his best, he'll have my support. In fact, anyone in the team will have my support.

Sissoko is grim, a truly terrible first touch. Get rid end of....

Or alternatively...

aid1196539-v4-728px-Put-Down-a-Horse-Step-13.jpg

#crueltobekind

You didn't but you pointed out the tweet which kind of implied Sissoko was more than a coincidence that we lost three games out of four and in my opinion when it comes to Sissoko, people forget that this is a team game and if someone's shit, then the others must step in and try to help him out.
I am not implying he's some world beater, but fans need to get off his back even if he's shit really, we had shit players before and I didn't see so much scapegoat.
That's perfectly ok and I don't expect each player to be amazing every single game but a time comes where you have to say we can't expect for other players to bail him out every game we can't have a player who just isn't very good in the squad. If someone is shit as you put it why not bring in someone more capable?

Back
Top Bottom