Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksens been poor for weeks now and needs a kick up the arse that only a few games not starting by default will give him.

As talented as Eriksen is I can’t fully warm to a player that doesn’t have real drive and heart which he doesn’t. If he did he’d be world class. Instead he’s a fair weather player. When the teams up and at it he’s brilliant. When we’re struggling he doesn’t pull us through games (if he does it’s very very rare). And someone with his ability should. In fact he seems to do it pretty regularly for his country.

And yes I’d say exactly the same about Harry if the circumstances were the same. But I can’t see that being the case.

And FYI. We’ve just lost to fucking Leicester so excuse me for a slightly harsher comment about a player than I might give in an hours time. Get a grip.

Eriksen has been one of our top 3 players for 3-4 years and you attack him and say that he is a fucking fair weather player. Fuck you. He's out of form, probably exhausted from playing almost every minute in every game including exactly every minute in all Denmark's games. Let him rest.

It's not scapegoating to admit he was bad, as soon as he went off and Lamela came on we looked so much better.
The statistics on that tweet show it too
Lamela came on for Eriksen, lad. It's not Sissoko's job to spray passes around, he was poor today but I don't think we lost because of him like some of those clueless fans on Twitter make it to look like.

That free kick time wasting was one of the wildest things I've seen. Are the refs afraid to give cards for time wasting? Even the Leicester players looked anxious for their cunt to kick the ball.
I said the same at the weekend. Why won’t they just introduce a “Ball in play” clock. Simple solution to stop teams doing this.

Drives me fucking spare when teams start making subs, faking injuries and dragging out every set play just to waste time. If u want to run the clock down be good enough to do it by keeping possession.

Half the teams in this league park the bus and time waste against us. I’m sick of watching it. I can’t imagine wanting to “play” in or watch a team that does that.

Eriksens been poor for weeks now and needs a kick up the arse that only a few games not starting by default will give him.

As talented as Eriksen is I can’t fully warm to a player that doesn’t have real drive and heart which he doesn’t. If he did he’d be world class. Instead he’s a fair weather player. When the teams up and at it he’s brilliant. When we’re struggling he doesn’t pull us through games (if he does it’s very very rare). And someone with his ability should. In fact he seems to do it pretty regularly for his country.

And yes I’d say exactly the same about Harry if the circumstances were the same. But I can’t see that being the case.

And FYI. We’ve just lost to fucking Leicester so excuse me for a slightly harsher comment about a player than I might give in an hours time. Get a grip.
It's more like if eriksen is up the team is up ,not vice versa. He is normally the one pulling the strings.

At least we made another transfer window profit. Kings of the balance sheet. No one can ever take that away from us
6a00d83451b8c369e20133eea9fa40970b-600wi

I don't understand why we don't play Foyt. Dier isn't that good in defence, but he often is very important when playing DM. Especially now with Wanyama out.

I know when Anthony Taylor does a Spurs game, Spurs will lose. He is the worst referee on the planet!!

The 'born yesterday' Spurs fans will say it wasn't about the ref.... DER!

Agree with all of this, except for the line about Dele who I thought was awful
He ran his socks off mate, they ONLY one in our front three to press in the first half. May be Kane is still being managed, but he let Dele do all the pressing, Kane didn't close down a thing first half. This in it's self causes a knock-on effect from positioning or being out of position when we win it back, it means theirs bigger spaces between front three and the counter press doesn't come off (one of the things we excel at), it's just one of the reasons our final ball was off, the final ball is harder when out of shape and further away, easier to defend against too.

Alright fine but that dosen't dispute the facts from that tweet does it?
It's alright to admit that Sissoko just isn't good enough
So because Sissoko played in three of our defeats, that makes him the main reason why we lost? He was poor yeah but it's not his job to stop Vardy score a great goal or stop Mahrez curl that ball in, for example.

I don't understand why we don't play Foyt. Dier isn't that good in defence, but he often is very important when playing DM. Especially now with Wanyama out.
He is only 19, and Sanchez is 21. I guess Poch thinks that is not enough experience in a back 3.
I would be tempted though I must admit.

Back
Top Bottom