Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich got a last minute penalty DIVE to get 3 points (after loads of other decisions all night from ref), Spurs refused penalty last minute (after majority of decisions hostile to SPurs all evening) to deny a draw.

Woolwich have gained 3 points on the back of referees, regardless of off-form actions from the players. Fact!

Eriksen has been one of our top 3 players for 3-4 years and you attack him and say that he is a fucking fair weather player. Fuck you. He's out of form, probably exhausted from playing almost every minute in every game including exactly every minute in all Denmark's games. Let him rest.
Not saying he hasn’t been but we’ve been class as a team over that period. My point is when the chips are down and the team isn’t playing well he doesnt get the game by the scruff and drag us through.

And I’ve never seen a player bottle challenges so regularly bad him. Small gripe but that really find it hard to excuse that.

It’s my opinion tho. You’d think I’d attacked you the way you’re reacting.

It’s difficult to be positive right now but all we can do is hope Poch changes the team around a bit as we need something different.

Lamela looked rather energetic for a player who hasn’t played in over a year. I think he’s on another planet to sissoko technically speaking.

I get people saying eriksen and dele need to be dropped but I don’t think we can afford to drop both of them. I’d start lamela over dele for the next game and then maybe bring dele on when lamela tires.

I hope we’re not going backwards after two brilliant seasons! Although I suppose we could win the FA cup or CL still...

:pochfacepalm:

Im not a neutral, i guarantee you that. It also really bothers me that weve not been able to come from behind very often these past couple of seasons.
Though you could argue its because we rarely got behind.
Sorry if it came over like that, I didn't mean you were a neutral, just that it must have been a fun game to watch for anyone who is.
I think it is true that we have won more points from losing positions than any other team in the Premier League in the past 2 years though.

One last thing and then I will stop being negative because at least we showed something at the end, but Rose can now fuck right off with that outing. Aurier was not great but he’s been here 3 months and still figuring it out.

Rose needs to play better or Davies is going to play all the big matches.

Lamela came on for Eriksen, lad. It's not Sissoko's job to spray passes around, he was poor today but I don't think we lost because of him like some of those clueless fans on Twitter make it to look like.

So pray tell just why did we spunk thirty million on this lump for? He has no pace, ball control, heading ability or positional sense.

I bet you he has a capital "L' and a capital "R" stamped on each boot so he knows what fucking foot to put into each boot, and even then he will ask Lloris if he's booted correctly.

The mans a fraud, and needs to find a club that suits his talent like a stand in for this guy..

So because Sissoko played in three of our defeats, that makes him the main reason why we lost? He was poor yeah but it's not his job to stop Vardy score a great goal or stop Mahrez curl that ball in, for example.

No not at all. He is a waste of space even in games we win. Yes he keeps moves ticking over. Gives and goes..simple stuff but the amount of times moves slow down or break down because of him. he just doesn't so anything worth applauding I don't know what he brings to our team at all. So glad lamela is back. More midfield options. Just drop sissoko from the team/squad

Yeah mate I know, he was poor, but people forget easily that this can happen to anyone in our team and I don't see people jumping on other players' back as much as they do on Sissoko's. As long as he pulls the shirt on and he tries his best, he'll have my support. In fact, anyone in the team will have my support.
Because other players like Dele and Eriksen have shown class for us before, Sissocko is infuriating to watch because its so clear hes fucking useless and has been ever since he arrived here.

That's perfectly ok and I don't expect each player to be amazing every single game but a time comes where you have to say we can't expect for other players to bail him out every game we can't have a player who just isn't very good in the squad. If someone is shit as you put it why not bring in someone more capable?
Sure you can have that but what are our other options atm?
And he improved this season except a few games so we can't say this is the case of when the team is bailing him out every game. Look I've said it before it seems like we're a bit more than usual off the pace or too fatigued idk what happened, our pressing doesn't work the same as last season and our creative players were shocking recently.

btw I'm so happy that Lamela is back. You can see in his touch that he'll help us a lot in future. For me, he was always better player than Son, just the horrible injury.. Hope he can get where he was year ago. Sissoko out, fuck me, that man and touch is like a 5 year old when he leads the ball.. Awful to watch.

Llorente, and eriksen also both missed sitters.
Eriksen played fairly well in the first half. But always looked a bit spook to me. Had he got his usual cool head, that chance would have been buried with eyes closed.
Llorente chance is bit more difficult but he should have stamped the ball instead.

Btw, anybody accusing Eriksen not trying as hard as he was in the international. He only just been good in this recent qualifier.
Before, he really disappointing, to a point where his former gaffer point it out publicly.

I don't have a single scapegoat:
Teams have figured out our high press, and a good defensive team will just lock out key players.
Teams have figured out Dele, and find it easy to cut him out and block him off. He lost the ball too much
Sissoko is too average.
Rose wasn't creating decent chances from his side.
If Llorente was actually worth any game time, he'd get more play minutes and make a difference instead of just being a fresh set of legs.
Eriksen needs some bench time.
So does Dier.
Probably Kane too, we can't seem to score without him most days.
At the other end, we can't seem to shut out the goals without Toby.

On the plus side, always take Lamela.

If you say so. He’s the perfect player then is he?

No, he sucked today as well as the last couple of games (after putting Denmark through to the WC).
Where do you see anyone disputing that?

You're a fucking idiot for saying that a loyal and great Spurs player "has no drive or heart" and that he should "enjoy his seat" etc. after a couple of bad games.

Fuck you, as Smogz Smogz beautifully put it.

Back
Top Bottom