Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so, despite a poor run of results, we sit 4th. 3 points off the top, likely to go 5th after the chavs play, but you never know. still unbeaten. at worst, 3 points behind the bindippers, who have, apparently, been amazing. same goal difference as us though. and if they blow it and lose to palarse, we go above them)
(city having a similar run to us, are top)
Yep, its a big week coming up. yep, we really could do with being more clinical. but another day, the two attempts that hit the bar go in and we aint saying that

whilst im not particularly happy with the run of form, im not upset. cos form is temporary.​

U r right but these kinds of games were what did
Liverspuds scored 4 against Leicester...... Man shitty also scored 4 against West Brom.... they seem to deal a lot better against teams who park the bus?

Really? Liverpool couldn't score past United's bus. Man city's form isn't exactly great. Drawn 2 league games before today. We could have got the same result against wba with the chances we had.

We've had poor form, but fucking hell can people get some perspective on here?

Take the feelgood "we're gonna win the league" factor from the win over Man City, then add three premier league matches of frustrating draws (two of which we were unfortunate not to score more in) and everyone loses their fucking minds.

Oh, and this is while we're missing our golden boot winning striker and best defender through injury.

Don't be so fucking spoiled.
I admire your optimism, and I usually would be right behind you. However, this is becoming a hallmark of our team isn't it?
We did it last year and don't seem to have learned anything. We can go on about missing Harry, but then claim we are not a one man team.
We always seem to be unfortunate. When that happens you have to start looking at yourself.
Just like if someone calls you selfish, you'll take no notice. However, if the same remark is uttered by different people many times you may have to ask yourself: 'Am I a self obsessed greedy cunt?'
Fact is, and it's there for all to see in stats - we all love the stats that are flattering to us but make excuses for the ones that don't - we have a terrible shots/sog conversion rate.
That means we have average finishers or our the vast majority of our shots are all shit.

Liverspuds scored 4 against Leicester...... Man shitty also scored 4 against West Brom.... they seem to deal a lot better against teams who park the bus?
Not always. On those occasions they did but city and Liverpool struggle just as much week to week and drop points against sides they should beat.

We do seem to lack that spark tho. Son looked like he was going to start providing it but seems to have snuffed out just as quick.

We need a bit of guile and creativity that the likes of Aguero or Coutinhio provide. As good as he can be our answer is supposed to be Eriksen but he doesn't have the stomach or desire for it from one week to the next in my opinion.

We seem to have hit a slump. But it's worth taking stock of what a slump actually looks like for us these days....unbeaten, 3pts off top and in the champions league. No consolation after a game like that but not quite as devastating as it feels when u take a step back.

Really? Liverpool couldn't score past United's bus. Man city's form isn't exactly great. Drawn 2 league games before today. We could have got the same result against wba with the chances we had.
But we didn't. It's starting to become a familiar line..'we should have won what with the chances we had' &
"If it wasn't for *insert keeper here*"

We probably should have had two goals- Jan and Dele's bar-rattlers were unfortunate. We got one pen out of the ref from a very dirty Leicester team, which makes think the officiating was fair enough. That aside, we created very low-percentage, low-danger chances today otherwise.

Janssen I think is doing quite well, our AM's can't seem to create any good chances for him, though. I can't remember the last time one of our AM's took the ball out wide and put a cross into him in the center! It's not that I'm against inverted wingers, but if you never are willing to go wide and keep the opponent honest, then you can be played into the middle and crowded out! I feel this is one of our problems at the moment.

One moment that stood out for me today was towards the middle of the second half, when Eriksen received the ball inside the box. With Janssen very closely marked by Simpson, and with a bit of space around him, it really amazed me that he didn't try and create a chance for himself to win the game. I think Eriksen should be looking to create a shot for himself with a bit of fancy footwork! As one of our best offensive players, I'd like him to feel more confident about taking chances in those kinds of situations.

Anyways, the team did well overall, it's not like Leicester didn't win the league last year... Our defense had a few minor scares but was solid throughout, and you have to credit the team and manager for continuing the run of good defensive form. Offensively, though, we look like we have suboptimal ideas in the final third. Hopefully they can work on some things in the next couple of days and bring a renewed approach to the coming matches.

I have to say that the last three or four games have reminded me of AVB in the second half of the pitch. When the possession is switched we don't punish, we actually let the opposition have time to set themselves. It's moronic. We move it from side to side and if there is no easy way through we just go back the way we came. We need some fucking creativity, we need to be artists, not try and paint by numbers. Unlike AVB I am sure that Poch will sort this out. He always does, it just takes a few games longer than you'd expect for some reason. I imagine Poch will have this sorted in the next game or two. Till then it is very frustrating.

I also agree that Eriksen should let someone else take the free kicks. About a year ago it was the case that he was the top scorer of free kicks, then since then he hasn't scored. How many has he taken? Shit loads. He is good at freekicks but for some reason has become ineffective at them. But maybe that is our overall problem - we are too fucking predictable. Every team knows how we will play when they face us. That strikes me as a problem.
Yep, i totally agree that poch will sort this out, unlike AVB.
its just so frustrating watching it week in week out.
That amount times walker/rose take it wide - then the ball makes it through 3 player on the edge of the box - though to other wing. here, the ball is then lost or wasted and shots aren't taken when they should have been taken, Not enough fluidity.
It feels like every shot we take get blocked - followed by a prick commentator saying 'that block is as good as goal'
Fucking annoyed. Something needs to change before next Saturday.
On a brighter note, Danny was a genius as always.

Who mentioned united?? You can't make a comparison unless we have both played the same team.....

To be fair, I think you'll find it hard for anyone to disagree that Liverpool and City are miles better than us when it comes to attacking though. Both have cutting edge, better movement and PACE. Those three things will create chances and cause problems. They also like to shoot.

Compare that to us. We are usually very static when attacking, ultimately RELYING on passing to Walker and Rose on the wings (who both were great today) and to cross the ball in. We RARELY find that intricate pass that see's a player get the opportunity to shoot one on one. That will only get you so far.

It's just so frustrating as when it clicks for us it really clicks... man shitty for instance without Harry Kane... why can't we click every week!!!! :pochrolleyes:

It's just so frustrating as when it clicks for us it really clicks... man shitty for instance without Harry Kane... why can't we click every week!!!! :pochrolleyes:

Too many 7/10 players in our team and when we don't click. That's all we have. 7/10 players. We don't have that game changing star.

I'm normally upbeat about these things, but I'm getting a bit pissed off now, that Man city game seems fucking ages ago, probably because it was.:paulinhobored:

Back
Top Bottom