Let’s Face It - We’re Barely a Top 10 Team Now

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you rate our First 11?

• Total voters
I rate us 7th, behind the Big 4, Woolwich, and Leicester, but this is based on the talent of the First 11. Despite that ranking, I think we are only the 11th best squad in the EPL right now, due to tactics, form and coaching (ahead of Woolwich, but behind the others listed above, plus Everton, Brighton, West Ham, Villa, and Brentford...yes, we would lose to Brentford right now). I expect to see us finish 8th or 9th this season, if Nuno is not fired.

Last edited:
I rate us 7th, behind the Big 4, Woolwich, Leicester and Everton, but this is based on the talent of the First 11. Despite that ranking, I think we are only the 10th best squad in the EPL right now, due to tactics, form and coaching (ahead of Woolwich, but behind the others listed above, plus Brighton, West Ham, Villa, and Brentford...yes, we would lose to Brentford right now). I expect to see us finish 8th or 9th this season, if Nuno is not fired.
Big 4 + Woolwich + Leicester + Everton ahead of us? I think that makes us eighth, dunnit?

:avbcringe:

I rate us 7th, behind the Big 4, Woolwich, Leicester and Everton, but this is based on the talent of the First 11. Despite that ranking, I think we are only the 10th best squad in the EPL right now, due to tactics, form and coaching (ahead of Woolwich, but behind the others listed above, plus Brighton, West Ham, Villa, and Brentford...yes, we would lose to Brentford right now). I expect to see us finish 8th or 9th this season, if Nuno is not fired.

You think Woolwich will finish above us ?

Going bold here and voted bottom 10…..After the first 3 games I thought our defence looked solid and up for it, two games later they look the same mess they did last season

You do realise that the defence we played for the first 3 games didn't play the 2 losses?

In fact, against Palace we had our 4th and 5th choice CBs and then left back filling in when we were down to 10.

Let's face it. Our management will know the ability of our squad and what they are likely to achieve. Going into this season, I am sure they will fully understand that Top 4 will be very very hard to achieve with prime City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea.

How much would we really need to spend to break into that top 4? 200/300m and it would still be a lottery.

So, what is the strategy this season? I would say - Domestic cup / Europa League qualification are realistic targets.

Time will tell if not selling Kane and reinvesting was the right thing to do. My suspicion is that we would have sold him in the summer had our offers for other strikers come through.

Looking forward to the next few years; we will likely time our attack on the top 4 carefully, but it is realistic that for the next couple of seasons we won't see any champions league at Spurs.

City - Pep likely to take sabbatical
United - The PE teacher will be replaced at some point
Liverpool - How will they replace ageing Salah and VanDyke
Leicester - Can they score goals without Vardy?

Embarrassing

E_uuVbHWYAMcsei

You are consistent bro.
I will grant you that.
I’ve been of the view that we are better off without Kane and statistically speaking, I haven’t been wrong at all as long as Son is playing. Our record is actually meaningfully better without Kane over the last 3 or 2 seasons.

When he plays, he changes the dynamic of the team and it’s not always for the best.

Let's face it. Our management will know the ability of our squad and what they are likely to achieve. Going into this season, I am sure they will fully understand that Top 4 will be very very hard to achieve with prime City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea.

How much would we really need to spend to break into that top 4? 200/300m and it would still be a lottery.

So, what is the strategy this season? I would say - Domestic cup / Europa League qualification are realistic targets.

Time will tell if not selling Kane and reinvesting was the right thing to do. My suspicion is that we would have sold him in the summer had our offers for other strikers come through.

Looking forward to the next few years; we will likely time our attack on the top 4 carefully, but it is realistic that for the next couple of seasons we won't see any champions league at Spurs.

City - Pep likely to take sabbatical
United - The PE teacher will be replaced at some point
Liverpool - How will they replace ageing Salah and VanDyke
Leicester - Can they score goals without Vardy?
A few seasons ago we were firmly in the top 4 & levy chose to not improve the squad for 500 days . Any chairman with ambition would have pushed on , he decided to stagnate , players grow older , their ability declines , we should have been building to turn good seasons into great seasons. His ambition lay in property development.

Those teams will get players in who will be first team players not potential.

Last edited:
So in attack we lose Bale and Lamela and instead end up with a kid from spain who helped get his team relegated from la liga scoring a grand total of 4 goals. How we didnt buy another winger or striker makes no sense.
How anyone bar @Arifixx for obvious reasons can defend this is truly beyond me

Paratici is a fraud cunt probably an agent back-hander dodgy cunt like Levy glorified second-hand car salesaman cunt of a fraud

We are run by a cabal of charlatans and conmen

With Kane on the side we are a top 7 side. Without Kane, we can do better as long we can bring in some depth using the proceeds from selling Kane and are healthy
We can't mate . The idiot fuckers will just buy a bunch of prospect turds that will have little impact on the first 11.
Till above are driven out we ain't doing anything to win things.

How anyone bar @Arifixx for obvious reasons can defend this is truly beyond me

Paratici is a fraud cunt probably an agent back-hander dodgy cunt like Levy glorified second-hand car salesaman cunt of a fraud

We are run by a cabal of charlatans and conmen
There is a couple of more Bleep bleep pompous one brain cell nerds , Romano Crim, Cooper etc.
They are a dying breed.

Last edited:
Embarrassing

E_uuVbHWYAMcsei

SIGH ....Not sure where you got these screen grab from but our NET SPEND is 248m during that period. In the same period Liverpool have spent 256.

YEARSPENDINCOMENET SPEND
21/22
66.9​
32.7​
-34.2​
20/21
110.5​
13.3​
-97.2​
19/20
148.5​
64.5​
-84​
18/19
0​
5.35​
5.35​
17/18
123.5​
103.8​
-19.7​
16/17
83.5​
52.3​
-31.2​
15/16
71​
87.58​
16.58​
14/15
48.48​
44.15​
-4.33​
TOTALS
652.38​
403.68​

SIGH ....Not sure where you got these screen grab from but our NET SPEND is 248m during that period. In the same period Liverpool have spent 256.

YEARSPENDINCOMENET SPEND
21/22
66.9​
32.7​
-34.2​
20/21
110.5​
13.3​
-97.2​
19/20
148.5​
64.5​
-84​
18/19
0​
5.35​
5.35​
17/18
123.5​
103.8​
-19.7​
16/17
83.5​
52.3​
-31.2​
15/16
71​
87.58​
16.58​
14/15
48.48​
44.15​
-4.33​
TOTALS
652.38​
403.68​
I knew we had wasted more than most

Our major purchases have mostly gone wrong
How do we waste money on Sanchez, Nd etc
Here's a question for you all to answer

Who was the last player we bought who went straight into the team and made an improvement ?

Even Son took ages to settle in
My answer would be Van de Vaart

I knew we had wasted more than most

Our major purchases have mostly gone wrong
How do we waste money on Sanchez, Nd etc
Here's a question for you all to answer

Who was the last player we bought who went straight into the team and made an improvement ?

Even Son took ages to settle in
My answer would be Van de Vaart

TBF Romero looks like he will improve us although early days.

here is another question why do the players we get decline?

Bergwijn: look good when he first arrived, not so much now

Lo Celso: great in Spain and still great for Argentina

Sanchez: top draw for Ajax

Regulion: seems to be less of a player than when he first arrived.

Dele: gone backwards at a fast rate

So and so on. Even if we buy a good player they decline, the only other team that suffered from this was Man United in recent years post Fergie where every signing declined within 6 months. We can’t buy our way out of this mess. We have obvious problems inside the club. We don’t improve players currently, we make them worse.

Shame its bollocks.

Never mind, I'm sure that some on here will continue to qoute it as "fact".
You agree Swiss Ramble IS a reliable source though?

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F79a243d75f5fac86e6d0da767caa89de.jpg

It's very disheartening to see our owners sandwiched between the Glazers and Mike Ashley in terms of squad investment, isn't it... Two owners despised by their entire fan base. You at least agree our fans have every right to feel angry?

Look at the bottom 4

Dildo Brothers
Mike Ashley
ENIC
The Glazers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom