Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course he doesn't have 0 say but the point is that there is much more people and more science involved in recruitment than just the CEO, Levy will set the budget, he has a team who will work in the constraints of the budget.

I don't expect much because it's January, reckon we will bring in a CB and a WF, doubt we'll see anything else and I don't expect the club to bring players in just because we have players injured and suspended and going away with their NT's when they're going to be be back the following month.
I will accept that as a minimum but it has to be early , he cannot prevaricate like he has done so many times .
Those two positions first five days fine , if later than the 15TH totally unacceptable

EDIT , it’s chicken and egg it could help us secure CL and certainly Europe in which case they will be badly needed next season . However don’’t do it don’t get CL don’t need them

Last edited:
I will accept that as a minimum but it has to be early , he cannot prevaricate like he has done so many times .
Those two positions first five days fine , if later than the 15TH totally unacceptable

That's fine, I agree with that.

As an aside, this window isn't the one fans should be looking at anyway, the Summer one for me will be more telling...IMO we are well ahead of schedule and if we get that one right in terms of incommings and outgoings then I think we can challenge for the league next season.

That's fine, I agree with that.

As an aside, this window isn't the one fans should be looking at anyway, the Summer one for me will be more telling...IMO we are well ahead of schedule and if we get that one right in terms of incommings and outgoings then I think we can challenge for the league next season.
So do I , but I think CL qualification makes it a touch easier to get those players . Of course no Europe has its upsides but I think if we get a couple in we will at least get Europa . 5th might still get CL we should push hard for it

I really think Ange is the real deal

The way city are performing there is an opportunity there for someone to take advantage .There is always lots of talk from fans about a couple of new signings and next year we can do something .No guarantees so if at all possible take the chance when it arises now .

The way city are performing there is an opportunity there for someone to take advantage .There is always lots of talk from fans about a couple of new signings and next year we can do something .No guarantees so if at all possible take the chance when it arises now .

If a player comes on the market who is an obvious upgrade then yes probably but January is genrally a shit month for transfers, no one let's go of good players unless it's for stupid money.

Of course he doesn't have 0 say but the point is that there is much more people and more science involved in recruitment than just the CEO, Levy will set the budget, he has a team who will work in the constraints of the budget.

I don't expect much because it's January, reckon we will bring in a CB and a WF, doubt we'll see anything else and I don't expect the club to bring players in just because we have players injured and suspended and going away with their NT's when they're going to be be back the following month.
Yeah no short term, squad filler panic buys but now is the time to get the deals done if a good player is available and pay a bit more than planned

If a player comes on the market who is an obvious upgrade then yes probably but January is genrally a shit month for transfers, no one let's go of good players unless it's for stupid money.
I know it's a long shot but it's possible with a couple of astute buys both Kulu and Bentancur were described as bench warmers by a few posters here and they turned out more than OK until the injuries happened.

“I want to win as much as everybody else, but the frustration of not winning and the pressure from, maybe some players and from a large element of the fanbase that we need to win, we need to spend money, we need to have a big manager, we need to have a big name – it affected me,”
Isn't this Levy saying that he made incorrect decisions based on pressure from players and fans instead of backing himself though?

Isn't this Levy saying that he made incorrect decisions based on pressure from players and fans instead of backing himself though?
Oh definitely. But he'd have gone with Mourinho anyway. He had stars in his eyes with that appointment. And some would say he was being a bit cowardly and partly blaming the fans here (I don't personally think that).

None of this negates my point that he clearly does listen to and is affected by the fans. There is no way in any universe that he ignored fan discontent last season. He's not stupid. The guy said he wants us all united and on the same page. Toxic fandom is not part of his business model. I genuinely think he wanted the 'Spurs way' all along, he just wasn't savvy enough to know how to achieve it. Now, by recruiting the right people, he does.

The guy's human and we all fuck up. He's turned things round admirably and things are great again. I've no doubt we're heading towards great things.

Just read the digital block email that was sent to me by the club . I know there is a thread specifically for this diabolical liberty , however I thought I would voice my disgust in this thread .

As Catherine Tate as foul mouthed gran might say

What a load of old shit

Just read the digital block email that was sent to me by the club . I know there is a thread specifically for this diabolical liberty , however I thought I would voice my disgust in this thread .

As Catherine Tate as foul mouthed gran might say

What a load of old shit
I just want Daniel to be happy

So I shall be investing

Up the Spurs

I am thinking of selling off digital blocks of my back garden. You get to win a prize if next doors cat shits on the digital block representation of my physical garden . If the cat craps 3 days consecutively on the same block win a video of me shooting it with an air rifle .

only joking I won’t be shooting a cat

i will use a snare

Last edited:
If we want to buy top quality players and the clubs selling those players want to buy top quality players to replace them, then how feasible is it to sign the players we want straightaway???

Ultimately we can’t just click our fingers or press a button and sign the best players. It’s not a fucking computer game.

Any explanations about how we can do it and the level of player you expect to see more than welcome.

But as an example last year in the first week of January Romeo Beckham got a move to Brentford.
And there was £32m 22 year old Benoît Badiashile to Chelsea (of course)
These the type of players we want?

And for context 12 players in total made transfers between the 1st and the 5th less than 3 a day.
50 players were transferred on the 31st.
12 on the 30th. And only 3 on the 29th.

Admittedly there were 11 transfers on the 23rd. Name two of them without googling that date and you probably need to get out a lot more.

And Chelsea got enzo over the line on the 1st feb.

It’s not just us playing this game of last minute transfers.

Back
Top Bottom