Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Penny wise, Pound foolish, And that’s why ENIC will ultimately Always be losers
& levy has doubled down on that attitude with his no correlation between spending & success comments. Mane 34m, alisson 66m, VVD 75m, fabiniho 39m, salah 34m, ox 35m, firmino 29m, keita 52m, wijnaldum 25m. As well as lots of shrewd cheap signings like robertson. You need to spend a lot & spend smart. We don't do either.

We act like a financially sensible club but we’ll baulk at paying £70m for the player we need and then proceed to buy a series of players we don’t need for a comparable amount.

There is so much fat you can trim off this squad and we don’t really know who our first XI are.

It simply staggers me the number of Spurs fans who still think Levy is the dog danglies. It’s almost that we’ve not been serious long-term contenders for anything, that they’ve actually come to ENJOY it?! 🙄

Spurs £94.6m

Dippers £92.4m

It's almost as if the quality of player counts.
Quality of scouting too - as well as coaching into a system that plays to their strengths

And also for not going along with what Poch wanted
Maybe but the fact remains that we have spent more, net, than the Dippers and have gone backwards.

Identify where your team is weakest and address the problem. It's not rocket science.

I know I keep saying it but we have been crying out for a quality DM for years and nobody has sorted it out.

Penny wise, Pound foolish, And that’s why ENIC will ultimately Always be losers

The problem with Levy is that he focusses so much on the minutiae of a deal that he loses sight of the big picture.

He'll drag out the negotiations of the sale of one our players in order to squeeze out an extra million or a more favourable sell-on clause and when the deal is done, the club is left with very little time to find a replacement.

A £6 million pound move for Moussa Dembele fell through in 2016 because Levy wouldn't let him go back to Fulham on loan for the remaining four months of the season.

The guy's now valued at over £70 million.

Levy's a dick.

Also liverpool owners happy to spend 100m more a year on wages. So klopp had about 500m more than poch had to use on wages. Half a billion more just on player wages!

Well time to open up this thread again
Us and Liverpool were at the same stage in 2017/18 , then they invested and we didn't.
Liverpool lost a Champions league final , what's their reaction? fix the squad and then go on to win the two big trophies.
We've lost a champions league final , what's our reaction? By players in positions that aren't really what we needed (so much) and sack our Best manager because that's cheaper than the painful rebuild.

When the club needed to push on , ENIC weren't willing to splash the cash. So many mistakes over the past few years. Staying content with a squad and then being surprised when everyone starts to decline.
Liverpool winning the title might've been a wake up call for a few people that what's going on isn't acceptable.
I think next time the "Levy Out" thread should be opened up instead. Remind people of their right to change their vote, which is still standing, alarmingly, at around 70% pro Levy.
In fact I think i'll bump it back myself.

It simply staggers me the number of Spurs fans who still think Levy is the dog danglies. It’s almost that we’ve not been serious long-term contenders for anything, that they’ve actually come to ENJOY it?! 🙄

I know mate. It’s laughable isn’t it. Almost like a Levy cult of religious worshippers that will have no bad word to say about “Darth Levy”. Levy could shag their sisters with his shaved bald Penis and still they would pat his bald head. I get no satisfaction whatsoever in Spurs being leaders of the profits table. I couldn’t care fucking less that we are “such a well run club”. What does that do you as a supporter? It’s almost like certain fans are happy plodding along, as long as we lead the table of profits, it’s considered fantastic to some. I want the club to emulate the success of the likes of Chelsea, City , Liverpool etc. Why bother trying to compete in the CL if we have no intention of winning trophies. We have a board that harbour zero ambition.

The problem with Levy is that he focusses so much on the minutiae of a deal that he loses sight of the big picture.

He'll drag out the negotiations of the sale of one our players in order to squeeze out an extra million or a more favourable sell-on clause and when the deal is done, the club is left with very little time to find a replacement.

A £6 million pound move for Moussa Dembele fell through in 2016 because Levy wouldn't let him go back to Fulham on loan for the remaining four months of the season.

The guy's now valued at over £70 million.

Levy's a dick.
He'll also only pursue a transfer target if he has a clear run. It gives him the opportunity to haggle and squeeze the price down and drag it to the edge if necessary.
If there's a hint of another club getting involved, he's out and we move onto target #2 or target #3

It's a shocking way for a big club to behave, really. But goes a long way to explain our lack of silverware over the years.

Levy is trending on Twitter if any of you Enic fans want to defend him!
Airfixx Airfixx right now

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom