Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It simply staggers me the number of Spurs fans who still think Levy is the dog danglies. It’s almost that we’ve not been serious long-term contenders for anything, that they’ve actually come to ENJOY it?! 🙄

Some guy on Instagram claiming to be a Tottenham fan was insistent that Levy has done an amazing job despite winning only one League Cup in his 19 years in charge.

He said that he would much prefer to have it this way with the club managed on a tight budget than achieving Manchester City's success of 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 5 League Cups through major investment.

I had to block the twat, I couldn't listen to any more.

He’s probably a fellow accountant. You should have asked him whether being an accountant automatically makes one an astute judge of footballing talent! 😂

Airfixx Airfixx right now

tenor.gif

Airfixx has finally arrived in his dark basement!!!

giphy.gif

100%

I don't know who to blame previously. Poch for not wanting a DOF or Levy for going along with what Poch wanted.
I blame both personally, but I like to think that having a manager like Jose who knows what and how to win that something might change.
Maybe that is deluded thinking but we need something to cling to, after seeing what Liverpool have done it does beg the question it could of been us.

I blame both personally, but I like to think that having a manager like Jose who knows what and how to win that something might change.
Maybe that is deluded thinking but we need something to cling to, after seeing what Liverpool have done it does beg the question it could of been us.

I think this could well be the first time Mourinho fails to win a trophy at one of his clubs.

He won't get the support he's become accustomed to and I think there is far more work that needs to be done with the squad than he realised when he took over.

I think this could well be the first time Mourinho fails to win a trophy at one of his clubs.

He won't get the support he's become accustomed to and I think there is far more work that needs to be done with the squad than he realised when he took over.
Levy & mourinho seems like awful matchmaking. Can't see it working out & them 2 not falling out.

Since Enic took over, not only have we won just one trophy in almost 20 years but under their ownership our run of winning a trophy whenever the year ends in 1 actually ended. :levyeyes:

Levy & mourinho seems like awful matchmaking. Can't see it working out & them 2 not falling out.
Not when you get situations like "knock knock" hello Daniel I would like you to get me 3/4 top level players to kick us on and one day succeed Liverpool, to which levy replies "conference south" or " Jewsons league division one north will that be acceptable as we are hard up.

Spurs £94.6m

Dippers £92.4m

It's almost as if the quality of player counts.

That’s half the story. The real difference is wages. Think we were averaging £70k when they were well over £100k.

Fact remains they were more football focused than we were with the stadium build going on. C’est la vie.

Since Enic took over, not only have we won just one trophy in almost 20 years but under their ownership our run of winning a trophy whenever the year ends in 1 actually ended. :levyeyes:
True, but obviously clubs' wealth has become more polarised in that time too. Champions League money, then Abramovich and Mansour's billions all further un-levelling the playing field. Against that it could have been much worse. Look at clubs like Aston Villa, Everton, even Leeds. We've just about hung on to the top tier, doing it the hard way. And now ridiculously bad luck to have a once in 100 year pandemic the year after building the stadium. We've seen steady improvement and investment for the future, if not much glory yet.

True, but obviously clubs' wealth has become more polarised in that time too. Champions League money, then Abramovich and Mansour's billions all further un-levelling the playing field. Against that it could have been much worse. Look at clubs like Aston Villa, Everton, even Leeds. We've just about hung on to the top tier, doing it the hard way. And now ridiculously bad luck to have a once in 100 year pandemic the year after building the stadium. We've seen steady improvement and investment for the future, if not much glory yet.

To be honest I think the pandemic actually benefited the team.

Yep, even the most deluded of Levy supporters on here surely must of felt a sense of bitterness last night when Liverpool won the title. We were neck and neck with Liverpool 2 seasons ago. Our incompetent owners and Levy failed to push the club on, whilst Liverpool owners backed Klopp and have built a club for success. Spurs owners harbour no ambition to win trophies. Liverpool, Chelsea and City etc buy to win trophies. Spurs buy to sell on profit.
Yeah but have you seen the state of Anfeild I mean seriously its obvious who made the right call... right ...right...guys anyone there?

Maybe Mourinho was prepared to put up with Levy's tight fisted ways because he thought he was inheriting a strong squad.
Yeah, I do think he thought we had a much better team than the reality. Levy did say we have a very good team & just need the right manager to motivate them. When really we have an average team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom