Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
With our Karma we would have bankrupted him within 3 years and he would be living on the streets of Moscow these days🤗

I hear that, and your sentiments are appreciated but that said, it is a sorry state of affairs that that man showed interest in us but didn’t get a look in.... I suspect his “ I own it all” policy was the key stumbling block.... who knows?

Talk about Khama... that shit-house west London club are today a big name because of some prick with too much power at Spurs!

Money has to be spent wisely obviously , but not spending when in positions of strength and then falling backwards has been a constant theme with Levy, regardless of the manager.

These highs and lows are part and parcel of being a Tottenham fan. I've seen three trophies but my proudest moment is when we beat Liverpool in November 2008 with a last minute goal from Pavlyuchenko when we were bottom of the league with only 6 points to our name. Liverpool were top of the league and unbeaten at that point; they completely dominated the game and I don't think we could have complained if we had lost 5-0 but we hung in there and we got the win. It was a big Fuck You to everyone who mocked us after our humiliating defeats and the increasingly embarrassing performances of Gomes.

That moment would not have happened without the mismanagement of Jol, Keane, Berbatov, Robinson and the ensuing chaos that followed but we came back stronger for the experience and got into the Champions League the following season. Who wants a perfect world where everyone makes the right decision at the right time? Where's the joy in that?

I think we've got a title win in us but it may be that we need another manager to finish what Poch started. It's quite possible that someone new will come in, coast off the momentum of being a fresh face with fresh ideas and take us up the table. I don't think it will happen this season and there may well be another shitstorm before it does happen but it's coming.

I hear that, and your sentiments are appreciated but that said, it is a sorry state of affairs that that man showed interest in us but didn’t get a look in.... I suspect his “ I own it all” policy was the key stumbling block.... who knows?

Talk about Khama... that shit-house west London club are today a big name because of some prick with too much power at Spurs!
Never ever look at others with envy, we are where we are, they are where they are, we are trying to do it through natural progression they have fast tracked the process through cheating the system (they are currently banned from signing players)
I’ve said it before, I’d take one title doing it the Spurs way over 10 titles doing their way, or City’s way for that matter.

It’s frustrating doing it our way their is no doubt, I have damned Levy to hell at times “just give Redknapp 2 players, just two fucking players you miserable bastard” “no not those two players you baldy cunt” springs to mind...

We haven’t won a title since 61, we have no right to believe we are entitled to win one....but, and there is a but, and this is my line in the sand right here.....We are paying for one of the most expensive shows on planet football, it’s damn expensive watching Spurs these days and the return from the club in the form of trophies is non existent, if I’m paying out more than any other fans on the planet then I expect my day at the Oscars now and again.

And

I will never except “but we have to pay for our brand new pretty new stadium” as an excuse, sorry, but I didn’t support Spurs because of a fucking stadium, and if anyone thinks we should pay for it over the success of our team isn’t in the game for the right reasons....and if that is the case then the planning of this stadium at 1bn quid was just wrong.

I’m giving Levy this season and maybe next season, the benefit of the doubt if you like, to show me that he is at least trying to justify the cost of supporting Spurs, if not then I’m handing him 4 season tickets and a massive thanks but no thanks mate. I mean it getting to a point where I’m paying for a Porsche but still driving a Peugeot, and even though it’s parked in a fancy garage it’s still a Peugeot., and I don’t think even he could argue back.

Never ever look at others with envy, we are where we are, they are where they are, we are trying to do it through natural progression they have fast tracked the process through cheating the system (they are currently banned from signing players)
I’ve said it before, I’d take one title doing it the Spurs way over 10 titles doing their way, or City’s way for that matter.

It’s frustrating doing it our way their is no doubt, I have damned Levy to hell at times “just give Redknapp 2 players, just two fucking players you miserable bastard” “no not those two players you baldy cunt” springs to mind...

We haven’t won a title since 61, we have no right to believe we are entitled to win one....but, and there is a but, and this is my line in the sand right here.....We are paying for one of the most expensive shows on planet football, it’s damn expensive watching Spurs these days and the return from the club in the form of trophies is non existent, if I’m paying out more than any other fans on the planet then I expect my day at the Oscars now and again.

And

I will never except “but we have to pay for our brand new pretty new stadium” as an excuse, sorry, but I didn’t support Spurs because of a fucking stadium, and if anyone thinks we should pay for it over the success of our team isn’t in the game for the right reasons....and if that is the case then the planning of this stadium at 1bn quid was just wrong.

I’m giving Levy this season and maybe next season, the benefit of the doubt if you like, to show me that he is at least trying to justify the cost of supporting Spurs, if not then I’m handing him 4 season tickets and a massive thanks but no thanks mate. I mean it getting to a point where I’m paying for a Porsche but still driving a Peugeot, and even though it’s parked in a fancy garage it’s still a Peugeot., and I don’t think even he could argue back.

That’s something of an ultra long winded post you did there mate, and although I like and respect your stance on doing it the right way- I don’t live in the dream land that you clearly do. I’m a Yid out of north Lambeth and I follow with avid frustration two local south London clubs as well as my bloodline club - Spurs.

If you think that Tottenham can do it - your so called right way - I suspect you’d say the same regarding Dulwich Hamlet - You ARE talking BOLLOCKS!

In the first fight he did, he's been heavily involved in his son's boxing career. Benn is coming back at the age of 55. Don't be surprised if Eubank does too.

Shouldn’t be allowed and hopefully neither will ever get a licence to box ever again in this country

Zagreb chief exec Mamic about the Modric transfer in 2008

"One funny story, but at the same time a story that shows how he protects the interests of his club, is that after we agreed the transfer of Luka to Tottenham, I politely asked for five of Luka's jerseys.
"Levy gave them to me, but the invoice for the transfer, €23m, was minus the value of the jerseys.
"That was quite unbelievable to me. It showed me how to appreciate every penny a club spends."

Embarrassing tbh, you won't hear such a story about many other club chairmen. No class
Embarrassing. But I don't think he can help himself. It's called " Chrometophobia" and it's a recognised medical condition.

this is a couple of funny stories about the man you quoted...

In 2009, Mamić was sued by Eduardo da Silva for unfavorable contract according to which had to pay 20-25% of salary for the entirety of the career to Mamić's family, and Silva won the case in 2014.

On 18 November 2015, Mamić along with five other people was arrested over transfer irregularities in Dinamo Zagreb. He was suspected of tax evasion and bribery.

On 6 June 2018, Mamić was sentenced on first instance to six and a half years prison for transfer fraud relating to Luka Modrić and Dejan Lovren's transfer to Tottenham Hotspur and Olympique Lyonnais respectively. Mamić, his brother Zoran, former Dinamo director Damir Vrbanović and tax official Milan Pernar, were all found guilty of siphoning over €15m from Dinamo and defrauding the state budget over €1.2m in unpaid taxes. Mamić, who had crossed the border into Bosnia and Herzegovina one day earlier, did not attend the sentencing and stated that he would not be returning to Croatia. The Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina refused to extradite Mamić since he also has the citizenship of Bosnia and Herzegovina

I would suggest that s a witness, he's about as reliable as Boris Johnson.

Shouldn’t be allowed and hopefully neither will ever get a licence to box ever again in this country
Benn is in good shape and has been for a few years, same with Eubank. Bika, the guy he's fighting is 40, he's fought some brilliant fighter, Calzaghe, Ward. Hr last fought 2 years ago, tough fight for Benn but winnable.

Benn is in good shape and has been for a few years, same with Eubank. Bika, the guy he's fighting is 40, he's fought some brilliant fighter, Calzaghe, Ward. Hr last fought 2 years ago, tough fight for Benn but winnable.

I really don’t care who wins

I think you’re missing my point

Would be interested to read JohnH view in this

I really don’t care who wins

I think you’re missing my point

Would be interested to read JohnH view in this
No, I get your point, I was just offering a bit if a back story and information.
His son doesn't want him to fight either but he is supporting his decision and they are training together.

Zagreb chief exec Mamic about the Modric transfer in 2008

"One funny story, but at the same time a story that shows how he protects the interests of his club, is that after we agreed the transfer of Luka to Tottenham, I politely asked for five of Luka's jerseys.
"Levy gave them to me, but the invoice for the transfer, €23m, was minus the value of the jerseys.
"That was quite unbelievable to me. It showed me how to appreciate every penny a club spends."

Embarrassing tbh, you won't hear such a story about many other club chairmen. No class

It works both ways. Zagreb could easily have just got them themselves without trying to get a cheap freebie. If you see it as lacking class by not throwing ÂŁ250s worth of stuff at someone because they asked for it, fancy chucking ÂŁ250 my way?

You also say that you don't hear no such story about any other chairman, please find below a link to Mamic, the chief exec from Zagreb you are quoting mate:

Siphoning money or charging a fellow millionaire market value for shirts requested, I know which one I regard as having more class. Levy was probably well onto him before others were, he probably didn't want to give such a gesture to a snake like him. The guys currently hiding in Bosnia it seems, he's probably gone skint and sold this story for a couple of quid to stay afloat.

Last edited:
It works both ways. Zagreb could easily have just got them themselves without trying to get a cheap freebie. If you see it as lacking class by not throwing ÂŁ250s worth of stuff at someone because they asked for it, fancy chucking ÂŁ250 my way?

You also say that you don't hear no such story about any other chairman, please find below a link to Mamic, the chief exec from Zagreb you are quoting mate:

Siphoning money or charging a fellow millionaire market value for shirts requested, I know which one I regard as having more class. Levy was probably well onto him before others were, he probably didn't want to give such a gesture to a snake like him. The guys currently hiding in Bosnia it seems, he's probably gone skint and sold this story for a couple of quid to stay afloat.

A multi million pound transfer deal and you deduct ÂŁ250 for some signed shirts???? Petty and childish imo

I would have transferred the money, sent the signed shirts, and as an extra gesture sent a very expensive bottle of champagne. We had just signed Luka Modric ffs :harrysmile:

Anyway, dodgy character Mamic took it in good spirits.

John Thomas John Thomas nearly 80%, and you started the poll at a point of adversity.......maybe time to realise that those that shout loudest don't very often represent the majority?
Hi. I started the poll at the height of the anti Poch hysteria in the Poch Out thread.
I thought it only fair for those of us who feel Poch is not the root cause of our ills to find a poll and vote accordingly.
It was Levy who saw fit to pay himself the highest salary of any CEO in world football.
It wax Levy who decided to make our fans the highest paying football supporters on Earth.
It was Levy who failed to back our most promising manager in decades last summer.
And it was Levy who allowed a situation to develop where so many of our best players are simply running down their contracts.
And it's Poch who's been left to carry the can.
And 1 in 5 people felt so passionate about it they voted Levy Out.
Not quite sure what you're problem is tbh

Last edited:
John Thomas John Thomas nearly 80%, and you started the poll at a point of adversity.......maybe time to realise that those that shout loudest don't very often represent the majority?
I was just listening to The Last Word on Spurs podcast and noticed all the Levy out callers are also the ones that cant form a grammatical sentence.

"Listen, Levy out, you get me, didnt sign that Dballer in the summer, that Brazillian guy, you get me?"

Its definitely not a coincidence

I was just listening to The Last Word on Spurs podcast and noticed all the Levy out callers are also the ones that cant form a grammatical sentence.

"Listen, Levy out, you get me, didnt sign that Dballer in the summer, that Brazillian guy, you get me?"

Its definitely not a coincidence
All those Levy out callers....she says.

The other day you claimed I was in a minority of 1.

source.gif

Why do you keep doing it to yourself, Larry?

And

Brilliant post..wish I had said that as well as you did

Hi. I started the poll at the height of the anti Poch hysteria in the Poch Out thread.
I thought it only fair for those of us who feel Poch is not the root cause of our ills to find a poll and vote accordingly.

Why do you assume that people want one thing or the other?

The vast majority of people don't want to change manager or chairman.

Back
Top Bottom