Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't imagine how you must have felt when phones could be used for more than making phone calls.

To be fair though, White Hart Lane was first used for boxing 97 years ago. Call me a millennial - but that's pretty old fashioned to me.
Aaahhhh.... I remember the old gas powered phones.

But you've only been here 6 weeks Larry lad!
Seems like only yesterday he was giving it large in the toilet thread, only to flounce off like fairy when his pants were pulled down

Remember this

Admin Admin close my account please, I shant be back

Larryfromthelane Larryfromthelane , do you have no shame?

giphy.gif

It is a sad thing if a football stadium can host either.
I went to Lords for the ashes. I must say it feel a lot more intimate than the London Stadium.

Why? The measurements of a football pitch can easily host American Football? It's a huge untapped market that can give us an advantage in the future so why shouldn't we if we are ambitious?

If we didn't somebody else could and inevitably would

I didn't know that.
Michael Watson v Christoper Livingston Eubank.
it was a rematch, and Watson was a well known gooner, so Eubank came to the ring wearing a replica of our cup final shorts.

EUBANKWATSON1_3030365.jpg

anyhoo, fight was brutal, Watson got brain damage.
you can find it on youtube.

it was a rematch, and Watson was a well known gooner, so Eubank came to the ring wearing a replica of our cup final shorts.

Watched it live

No thanks

I remember that match. That's the one where Eubank got off the canvas and clobbered Watson. I didn't know it was at WHL though. Wasn't Eubank a Brighton supporter?

I remember that match. That's the one where Eubank got off the canvas and clobbered Watson. I didn't know it was at WHL though. Wasn't Eubank a Brighton supporter?
He was and imo Eubank was never the same after that he completely lost his killer instinct.

Seems like only yesterday he was giving it large in the toilet thread, only to flounce off like fairy when his pants were pulled down

Remember this

Larryfromthelane Larryfromthelane , do you have no shame?

giphy.gif
Remember this?

Thank you. Thats pretty much what I`m trying to say. I don`t think we should be *compelled* to build the stadium in Tottenham. Had we actually tried to build the stadium in a more convenient location, with better transport links and less aggressive local authority, we`d probably be playing in it by now. And to answer someone elses question RE stratford/wembley. Yes, I would have actually supported a move to stratford (cue another load of neg reps or whatever.) a) It would have seen us grow as a club without breaking the bank and b) I fucking hate West Ham and didnt want to see them get it. Wembley, no. Thats the national stadium and should only be used by England and for cup finals. Although I would accept a temporary move there while the new stadium was being built if it suited the club financially. Those of you who support the idea that we must stay in Tottenham, which seems to be the majority, well, everyone apart from me actually, what year do you actually expect us to start playing in a stadium that holds more than Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday. According to Levy in 2008 it was this year wasnt it ?
If I saw a new stadium actually being built I`d have more confidence. But it starting to look 2018 could see us in the 5th largest ground in the capital, behind the likes os QPR and West Ham. Actually you could make that 6th if Leyton Orient get there way.
But their attendances will increase and the clubs will grow and prosper as a result. We are usually around about 9th or 10th in the attendance averages but if the ground was bigger we would definately be a lot higher. Surely no-one can argue the limited capacity at WHL as held us back over the premier league period. So, when I look at the the "Levy " years in terms of trophies and success on the pitch and stadium development off the pitch my only conclusion is that as a football club his tenure has been not much short of a fucking disaster.
And following the weasel out the door should be the fucking prick who appointed him. Who`s 15 years or so at the helm of our club has seen no stadium improvements, no stance on the 5k ticket allocation, a text service to grass on fellow fans and not one league finish above our bitter rivals from Woolwich. NOT FUCKING ONE. Even a skint Everton manage to sneak above there rivals once in a while. Not us though. Cunts mugging us off. Thats all.
What new stadium ?
I`m convinced thats whats gonna happen anyway. Totally convinced. Levy will dress it up as "in the interests of long term stability at the club" or some such bollocks but I would lay a bet with anyone that come the summer Sherwood will be given a long term contract. The press like him, a surprisingly large number of yids support him, Daniel Levy is said to like him. And, most crucially, he`s cheap. It is the worst thing that could happen in terms of our future as a leading club challenging for honours, but since when has that been high on the list of Daniel Levys priorities. I`ll allways love Spurs, but I only see what i see. Under the current regime, A slow descent back into mid table mediocrity, No new stadium, Sherwood as manager, and West Ham becoming the next rich mans plaything following there move into their free stadium. Man City MK2
I think it`s fair to say the club is not really progressing under the current regime. They have failed on their promise of a new stadium. They have failed to back numerous managers in the transfer window. They have failed to retain any of our best players. They have failed to attract any big name signings to excite the fans since VDV. They have failed to finish above our local rivals even once.
Do you notice that you are wrong about nearly everything all the time?

Time for you to go John, if you have any shame

If I’m not mistaken ( and I might be), Roman Abramovich first looked at Spurs with intent but later found himself at Chelsea. I would have been happy to have him here; all billionaires are crooked but you have to admire one in his mere fourties ffs.
With our Karma we would have bankrupted him within 3 years and he would be living on the streets of Moscow these days🤗

Zagreb chief exec Mamic about the Modric transfer in 2008

"One funny story, but at the same time a story that shows how he protects the interests of his club, is that after we agreed the transfer of Luka to Tottenham, I politely asked for five of Luka's jerseys.
"Levy gave them to me, but the invoice for the transfer, €23m, was minus the value of the jerseys.
"That was quite unbelievable to me. It showed me how to appreciate every penny a club spends."

Embarrassing tbh, you won't hear such a story about many other club chairmen. No class

He was and imo Eubank was never the same after that he completely lost his killer instinct.
Have to agree. Didn't he also take Nigel Benn apart? Can't remember if it was before or after. Used to love him with his monocle and motor bike. You don't see personalities like that anymore. Wonder what he's doing now?

"One funny story, but at the same time a story that shows how he protects the interests of his club, is that after we agreed the transfer of Luka to Tottenham, I politely asked for five of Luka's jerseys.
"Levy gave them to me, but the invoice for the transfer, €23m, was minus the value of the jerseys.
"That was quite unbelievable to me. It showed me how to appreciate every penny a club spends."

Embarrassing tbh, you won't hear such a story about many other club chairmen. No class
Embarrassing. But I don't think he can help himself. It's called " Chrometophobia" and it's a recognised medical condition.

Have to agree. Didn't he also take Nigel Benn apart? Can't remember if it was before or after. Used to love him with his monocle and motor bike. You don't see personalities like that anymore. Wonder what he's doing now?
In the first fight he did, he's been heavily involved in his son's boxing career. Benn is coming back at the age of 55. Don't be surprised if Eubank does too.

No wonder he has struggled badly to shift players.

Back
Top Bottom