Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's basically my point. The logical extension of the fuck off if you don't care is that the apparent clubhouse cancers (Verts, Paulinho… Lloris?) that people seem to have convicted without trial shouldn't see a live match until international duty.

After all, pride, badge, history, Tottenham way.

I wouldn't say it's Hugo. He's French after all, since when do they stand up against anyone :roflmao:
(joking of course)

But Hugo is his own architect, being is goal is the one position where if you don't play well you are sure as fuck letting yourself down in the spotlight.

Case in point, every Glyfi appearance of 2014?

P.S. did anyone else keep Verts take one in the face again?

So it is down to the head coach... Namely, Sherwood.

Its down to a culmination of events which started by Levy sacking Redknapp and destabilising our best era in the PL, because he wanted the England job.

He didnt get it, but I guess Levy wouldnt swallow his pride. Funny how its alright for Modric and Bale to want to better themselves, and people would have been happy to keep them and wipe the slate clean if they decided to stay if their moves fell through....

Then we got in AVB, and after one season, got in a DoF who apparently AVB wanted, but didnt want the players he signed. We couldnt get the best out of the squad, with morale low, and some poor performances, and he was sacked.

Two months ago, in his first evr job as a manager, TS took over the same squad that AVB failed to utilise. He picked up some good points, but is struggling heavily with ego's and tactics.

So, while "its down to him", who he picks on matchday, and sets up the team, its not down to him that the club is currently heading for another pathetic ground hog day summer after another season of failure.

Its down to a culmination of events which started by Levy sacking Redknapp and destabilising our best era in the PL, because he wanted the England job.

He didnt get it, but I guess Levy wouldnt swallow his pride. Funny how its alright for Modric and Bale to want to better themselves, and people would have been happy to keep them and wipe the slate clean if they decided to stay if their moves fell through....

I think that's different, the club had sat through and supported Redknapp over criminal charges and watched him do nothing really to support the club whilst he was courting another job.

Bale and Modric both played with 110% heart whilst waiting to go, Redknapp looked like a man ready to sabotage the progress so the next man failed and he could look like the big man.

To have continued with Redknapp (who then seemed to openly offer himself a new deal at spurs) would have been to bastardise the honour of the club, in my opinion.

I think that's different, the club had sat through and supported Redknapp over criminal charges and watched him do nothing really to support the club whilst he was courting another job.

Bale and Modric both played with 110% heart whilst waiting to go, Redknapp looked like a man ready to sabotage the progress so the next man failed and he could look like the big man.

To have continued with Redknapp (who then seemed to openly offer himself a new deal at spurs) would have been to bastardise the honour of the club, in my opinion.

You mean Modric that had to be dropped from our first game of the season against Utd after coming to tell the manager his "head wasnt right" an hour before kick off?

Then tried the same against City in the next game and eventually got hauled off at half time for being shit?

He started playing well only when the window shut. All this to join Chelsea too.

You can pick and choose who you think its ok to want out, but at the end of the day, thats all you are doing.

Nice to hear the Sunday Supplement mob, who slaughtered AVB over every little comment, now heaping praise on Sherwood after yesterday and calling for him to be given the job long-term.

Then we got in AVB, and after one season, got in a DoF who apparently AVB wanted, but didnt want the players he signed. We couldnt get the best out of the squad, with morale low, and some poor performances, and he was sacked.

Two months ago, in his first evr job as a manager, TS took over the same squad that AVB failed to utilise. He picked up some good points, but is struggling heavily with ego's and tactics.

So, while "its down to him", who he picks on matchday, and sets up the team, its not down to him that the club is currently heading for another pathetic ground hog day summer after another season of failure.

Bang on mate, redknapp may be a dick but so is Fergie, wenger and mourhino, if a manager is getting results and performances top clubs keep their managers no matter how much of a dick the manager is, we are not Barcelona we cannot demand a good manager who is also a nice guy. When we booted out redknapp my opinion at the time was that if he is got rid of we have to replace him with someone better and we got avb a man who just fucked up the Chelsea job big time.

Levy is like Gordon brown a clever man full of neurosis and he seems to constantly undermine our managers in one way or another. I am starting to agree with Jamie redknapp that levy really sees himself as manager. Much as I didn't like avb I felt sorry for the fact he had no control over the transfer policy and I think now we have too many big egos in the dressing room, to many cry babies and it may take a cunt of a man like van gaal to resolve that is of course if levy doesn't piss van gaal off.

Sorry have to disagree felt the decline of our team came when redknapp got the boot and avb was given the job. Don't blame avb he was only doing it his way but levy has made a mess of our squad, his transfer policy that he controls not the manger, the way he undermines everything. All levy had to do was nothing, just let redknapp continue with the job, yes redknapp is a dick but most managers are. God knows how we fix it now but I can see a summer clear out ahead of us.

Nice to hear the Sunday Supplement mob, who slaughtered AVB over every little comment, now heaping praise on Sherwood after yesterday and calling for him to be given the job long-term.

I think some people simply find Sherwood's honesty refreshing, as opposed to listening to The Terminator blaming the fans and acting like a child towards the press.

I`m convinced thats whats gonna happen anyway. Totally convinced. Levy will dress it up as "in the interests of long term stability at the club" or some such bollocks but I would lay a bet with anyone that come the summer Sherwood will be given a long term contract. The press like him, a surprisingly large number of yids support him, Daniel Levy is said to like him. And, most crucially, he`s cheap. It is the worst thing that could happen in terms of our future as a leading club challenging for honours, but since when has that been high on the list of Daniel Levys priorities. I`ll allways love Spurs, but I only see what i see. Under the current regime, A slow descent back into mid table mediocrity, No new stadium, Sherwood as manager, and West Ham becoming the next rich mans plaything following there move into their free stadium. Man City MK2

Ok so first off who seriously is surprised? Tim is not a top 4 manager and we will finish 5th or 6th if the players still want to play at all.

We have assembled a massive expensive squad without having the manager with the experience to get them to gel learn and develop.

Solution we need to scope out the manager now and like any other big side would have the deal done where LVG will join spurs after World Cup or if they are a club manager we knock on door the second season over - no more fucking mistakes

The next manager will have an abundance of talent to play with or of they leave the money to match, we could still have a very nice run in Europa but for now Levy should be focused on May not August as start of season and get a heavyweight in for the 11th richest club in world. I don't blame Tim he tried his best and was thrown one of the hardest jobs totally unprepared

Sorry have to disagree felt the decline of our team came when redknapp got the boot and avb was given the job. Don't blame avb he was only doing it his way but levy has made a mess of our squad, his transfer policy that he controls not the manger, the way he undermines everything. All levy had to do was nothing, just let redknapp continue with the job, yes redknapp is a dick but most managers are. God knows how we fix it now but I can see a summer clear out ahead of us.

The decline came in February, when redknapp bought more old players (loves the oldies, even now) and spent far more time bleating about his national squad selection than focusing on the job.

That was a sign of redknapp, he does it everywhere (southampton especially) and has no loyalty. Pound to a penny if he were doing well at spurs this season he'd be on Moyes's back banging on about how he'd be great at Utd and looking for his next move.

He did well for us and he'll be respected for that, but he also showed this club and others a massive amount of disrespect on a regular basis whilst leaning out of his range rover and writing his sunday columns.

You mean Modric that had to be dropped from our first game of the season against Utd after coming to tell the manager his "head wasnt right" an hour before kick off?

Then tried the same against City in the next game and eventually got hauled off at half time for being shit?

He started playing well only when the window shut. All this to join Chelsea too.

You can pick and choose who you think its ok to want out, but at the end of the day, thats all you are doing.

But you're making assumptions there that Modric was doing that out of negativity.

Surely you, based on forum behaviour, can empathise that people shouldn't be judged purely on their reactions and more of their situation. We don't know what was happening between his agent, levy and the likes of Peter Kenyon.

If Modric couldn't concentrate and had the flaw of not being able to cope with the speculation then why does that make him such a bastard? He didn't put in a transfer request or run about telling everyone he was joining Chelsea - as soon as the issue went, he was back to his normal self. That says more than what you're concluding.

I`m convinced thats whats gonna happen anyway. Totally convinced. Levy will dress it up as "in the interests of long term stability at the club" or some such bollocks but I would lay a bet with anyone that come the summer Sherwood will be given a long term contract. The press like him, a surprisingly large number of yids support him, Daniel Levy is said to like him. And, most crucially, he`s cheap. It is the worst thing that could happen in terms of our future as a leading club challenging for honours, but since when has that been high on the list of Daniel Levys priorities. I`ll allways love Spurs, but I only see what i see. Under the current regime, A slow descent back into mid table mediocrity, No new stadium, Sherwood as manager, and West Ham becoming the next rich mans plaything following there move into their free stadium. Man City MK2

Your right in all respects. We are slipping backwards at a rate of knots. Only a few seasons ago we were the equal of Arse and Chelski, and now we are not anywhere near their class. Yes, West Ham will become a prime target for a billionaire, when they have their new stadium. It's all pretty sad really.

Meanwhile Joe Lewis with all his money will die a very rich man never having seen Spurs really achieve under his ownership. He could easily build a new stadium, and build a new squad with the loose change in his back pocket. Unfortunately his only real interest is a figure on the bottom of a spread sheet

But you're making assumptions there that Modric was doing that out of negativity.

Surely you, based on forum behaviour, can empathise that people shouldn't be judged purely on their reactions and more of their situation. We don't know what was happening between his agent, levy and the likes of Peter Kenyon.

If Modric couldn't concentrate and had the flaw of not being able to cope with the speculation then why does that make him such a bastard? He didn't put in a transfer request or run about telling everyone he was joining Chelsea - as soon as the issue went, he was back to his normal self. That says more than what you're concluding.

Im going on Redknapps quotes that he tried to get out the games.

And he went to the papers to tell the world he wanted to join Chelsea to increase the pressure to sell.

Im going on Redknapps quotes

Ah, they're obviously reliable then

I'm “the most disorganised person in the world”.
:harrysmile:
“"I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I can't, I have never sent a fax and I've never even sent a text message. I have a big problem, I can't write so I don't keep anything. You talk to anybody at the football club. I don't write. I couldn't even fill a team sheet in."

Harry-Redknapp-Book-Signing-2357511.jpg

He also doesn't text
Harry%20Redknapp%20texting-1679085.jpg

Ah, they're obviously reliable then

I'm “the most disorganised person in the world”.
:harrysmile:
“"I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I can't, I have never sent a fax and I've never even sent a text message. I have a big problem, I can't write so I don't keep anything. You talk to anybody at the football club. I don't write. I couldn't even fill a team sheet in."

Harry-Redknapp-Book-Signing-2357511.jpg

He also doesn't text
Harry%20Redknapp%20texting-1679085.jpg

But the evidence is backed up by the fact Modric did not play in the Utd game, and was so poor against City that he was hauled off. Unless you believe Redknapp wanted to keep him, but just dropped him, inexplicably.

When the window shut, his performances returned to normal.

Its also a fact that he went to the papers and said he wanted to join Chelsea.

And if we want to use the old "Redknapp is a liar" easy way out.....well, ask the tax man who was lying.

But the evidence is backed up by the fact Modric did not play in the Utd game, and was so poor against City that he was hauled off.

This, to me, reinforced that he was affected by the situation and wasn't able to concentrate.

You're banging an old drum in an effort to win something here, the fact of the matter is that when we didn't sell Modric he still played with 110% heart. Arguing over whatever went on in the window is pointless. We didn't sell him, he got on with it and gave it his all.

You can't compare what Redknapp did with the England job to Modric, it's completely incomparable

Back
Top Bottom